The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Aug 2022, 13:28

mvp wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 14:11
Kobe :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
You got one of the best coaching the best. He's won it three years in a row.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Aug 2022, 14:13

The Knicks’ Future Looks Brighter Than Broadway Lights Thanks to Noah Baldwin II
Baldwin continues his extraordinary season by being named the 2029 Rookie of the Year.

All eyes have been on the New York Knicks and Madison Square Garden and not for it’s past, but for it’s present and most definitely it’s future.

The Knicks haven’t claimed an individual award since Joe Hood was named Sixth Man of the Year in 2015. And before last season, they hadn’t made the playoffs since 2017, where they were dropped in the first round by Miami in five games. Sneaking into the playoffs last season was a boost for the Knicks. What happened on Draft Night may have changed the course of the Knickerbockers’ history forever.

New York sent point guard Joey Ellis to Phoenix in exchange for the 20th draft pick where they chose Noah Baldwin II, the sophomore point guard out of St. John’s University. Baldwin was named Big East Player of the Year and the accolades are continuing to follow him to the NBA.

While initially being known for his last name as opposed to his game, being the nephew of the one of the NBA’s biggest superstars, 9-time NBA Champion, Derek Baldwin of the Brooklyn Nets, Noah set out to show that he was the real deal. He went so far as to have the slogan “More Than My Name” printed on the bottom of his signature shoes which were unveiled during All-Star Weekend.

In something that hasn’t been accomplished by a New York Knicks’ rookie in over 40 years, Noah Baldwin was crowned this year’s Rookie of the Year. Coincidentally, the last Knicks’ player was also a point guard from St. John’s. The player? Mark Jackson.

In 1987, Jackson was selected 18th overall by New York in a draft that featured David Robinson, Reggie Miller, Scottie Pippen, Kevin Johnson, and Horace Grant. He averaged a double-double that season of 13.6 points and 10.6 assists per game. He was the third leading score on his team behind Patrick Ewing and Gerald Wilkins.

In a loaded 2028 draft class, that was compared to the 1996 and 2003 classes, Baldwin managed to emerge as the best. Competing against other rookies, Cayden Boozer, Cameron Boozer, Bryce James, Magnus Law, Bobby Noel and Reggie Reed. He averaged 23 points and 7.4 assists per game this season. Unlike his counterparts, Baldwin started his season on the bench behind 15-year veteran, Ryan Russell. He was initially in the running for Rookie of the Year and Sixth Man of the Year, but injuries to Ryan throughout the season saw plenty of opportunity for Baldwin to step up for the team.

“He proved himself to not only be a capable point guard, but he proved himself to be a capable leader,” said head coach Stephen Silas.

That increase in playing time put him the running for Rookie of the Year and MVP, a feat that hadn’t been accomplished snice Wes Unseld in 1969. Baldwin was also selected to participate in the 78th Annual NBA All-Star Game. Of course, it didn’t help that he was selected to his uncle’s team. A few of the other players in the league seemed to voice their opinion about their being some nepotism or that it was being done for ratings.

“I can’t help how people feel,” Noah commented a few days after his All-Star selection. “I am averaging like twenty [points] and seven [assists] a night. It’s not like I’m starting. I’m just a reserve. My name was in the pool of players. I was selected by the coaches. I promise you I have bodied every player that is complaining.”

Baldwin has definitely backed up his talk all season, leading the Knicks to a record setting 67 wins. He has had several highlight games, including four 40+ point performances, a couple game winners, and several posters, but none more special than his 43-point performance to lead New York in a win over the Brooklyn Nets.

“That win meant everything to me, everything to this team, everything to our fans,” commented Baldwin after the game.

NBA legends have shown him much appreciation for his game. Reggie Miller is a champion of Baldwin’s, along with Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Allen Iverson. They have been seen at Madison Square Garden throughout the season.

“He is the real deal. We haven’t seen a rookie like this in a long time. He is checking all the boxes. He has flash, he has sizzle, but he most definitely has the STEAK!” Miller tweeted.

His biggest supporter, of course, is his uncle.

“He works. Harder than most. And I’ve been around, so I can say that without bias. There are only about a handful of people, Kobe, LeBron and myself included, that I can say I’ve seen work harder. And I would love to take all the credit because he has a genuine love for the game. And you see it when he steps I would love to be teammates with a guy like that. He works and he works and then he works some more. Everything doesn’t make it to social media, I would say people only see about one fourth of it. He definitely logs the man hours. He doesn’t want anything given to him. The more people doubt him, the more it fuels him.”

Baldwin takes it all in stride. “My uncle is a basketball junkie and I became one too. I grew up watching a lot of these guys. Imitating these guys. So, to have people that I respect and admire watch me play and be able to soak up the positive energy they are putting out there for me, I really do appreciate it.”

Mark Jackson presented the award to Noah during practice as the Knicks are preparing for the Playoffs.

“It was an honor to receive it from him. We have ties.”

Now it’s time to see how far Noah Baldwin II can take the Knicks. The 1987-88 squad, led by first year head coach, Rick Pitino, the Knicks finished with a record of 38-44, finishing with the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference. They were knocked out by the Boston Celtics in the opening round. Hopefully, this ROY can push this squad a little further.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Aug 2022, 14:19

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Aug 2022, 15:07

2028-29 NBA Playoffs - Eastern Conference

Brooklyn Has Made it to the Mountaintop (Again)
The Brooklyn Nets came back in a major way this season, finishing with a record of 73-9, after dropping 13 games last season despite coming away with their third straight championship win. Since signing Derek Baldwin, the Nets have had back to back 70+ win seasons. Breaking the Bulls record with 73 wins for the 2025-26 season in route to their first title and then breaking that record the following season with 77 wins and another championship. While having their fair share of injuries this season, they remained healthier this year than last year and most of the injuries were to their bench players as opposed to it being their starters.

The Nets are blowing out opponents left and right by an average of 20 points per game. They have the league’s highest field goal percentage at 53% When this team is clicking, as they seem to be most nights, they are unstoppable. As long as the Nets face no injuries during this run, we expect them to pick up that fourth Larry O’Brien.

New York Basketball is on the Rise
After squeaking into the playoffs last season with a record of 42-40, the Knicks have set a franchise record for most wins this season with 67. The Knicks faithful haven’t seen a 60-win season since the 1992-93 season. Despite the loss of Kristaps Porzingas and Joey Ellis, the Knicks have improved, greatly this season. Starting with signing a new head coach, Stephen Silas, followed by drafting rookie sensation Noah Baldwin. The Knicks have been leaning on youth and it has proven successful. In Porzingas’ absence, Chet Holmgreen has been able to spread his wings and show just what he is capable of. So much so, that he edged out Brooklyn’s Derek Baldwin to be crowned Defensive Player of the Year.

This Knicks team has gelled much faster than expected with all of these new pieces and in spite of the rumors around the locker room. They have dominated opponents by an average of 13 points per game this season. Even handing two losses to the best team in the league, the Brooklyn Nets, helmed by Noah Baldwin’s own uncle, Derek Baldwin.

This young nucleus has a lot of confidence and rightfully so. They know the road to the NBA Finals travels through Brooklyn, but they have every intention of taking this one game at a time.

Milwaukee is Looking to Win a Ring for Giannis
The Milwaukee Bucks (48-34) are poised to make a run in this year’s playoffs. After making it the past two seasons at the fifth and eighth seeds, respectively, the Bucks have claimed a third seed this time around. The duo of Giannis Antetokounmpo (14ppg, 8.8rpg) and Jalen Suggs (13ppg, 5.2rpg) have proven to be quite formidable as the Bucks are looking to cash in before Giannis decides to look for a ring elsewhere. The x-factor for the Bucks will be the play of Paolo Banchero. The former Duke Blue Devil has averaged 10.7ppg and 5.5rpg off the bench as Giannis’ backup.

Milwaukee has had several close calls this season, besting their opponents by only an average of 3 points per game. Their defense will be key in stopping Ben Simmons and the Toronto Raptors.

Newly Bolstered Heat Returns to the Post Season
Despite being nagged by injuries to key players throughout the season, Miami (46-36) managed to find their way back in the NBA Playoffs. Terry Stotts has done a great job in his first year as Miami’s head coach. The Heat parted ways with Erik Spoelstra after a dismal 40 win season last year. Along with the hiring of Terry Stotts, Kyrie Irving’s arrival has resurrected the Miami Heat, who have not made a playoff appearance since 2025. This season has been about getting Richie Fortson all the help that he needs to move this franchise back to prominence. Fortson has averaged a double-double all season of 14.5 points and 11 rebounds per game. He became Miami’s second leading scorer behind Irving (19.8ppg).

Drafting Cameron Boozer proved to be a huge pick up for the Heat. Boozer has averaged 11 points and 7.6 rebounds per game for the Heat coming off the bench.

Without starting small forward Justise Winslow, who suffered an ankle injury a week before the end of the regular season, Miami may have their hands full with Atlanta.

Even if they make it to the Eastern Conference Finals, the road still runs through Brooklyn, who they had their hands full with all season long.

Hawks Look Impress in Return to the Postseason
Another team featuring a solid rookie performer is the Atlanta Hawks (44-38). Justin Patterson has averaged 11.3 points and 6 assists per game earning him All-Rookie Second Team honors. Atlanta narrowly missed the playoffs last season, making it four straight years since the Hawks had a shot at the title. But this year they have managed to turn things around and return as the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference. Atlanta has averaged 94.5 points per game and has the second highest 3pt shooting average 40% of any team in the NBA.

The Hawks lost one of their key starters Stan Henderson to a humerus fracture in the last game of the regular season which will cause him to miss the rest of the playoffs, the first round will be an uphill battle for the Hawks as they face a determined Miami team. Aaron Wennington (20ppg) will have to step into his role as the star player of this team and navigate them through these playoffs.

Simmons and Dragic Lead Raptors Back to Playoffs
After a one-year absence, Toronto (43-39) is back in the playoffs. Ben Simmons has led this team averaging 19.7 points per game, backed up by Radoslav Dragic (18ppg). Toss in All-Defensive 2nd Team, Ty Martin, and you have a team that is poised to make a serious run for the Eastern Conference Finals.

The Raptors were only a few pieces away from earning a playoff spot, as they straddled .500 most of the season. Signing Duncan Robinson on New Year’s Day did wonders for the team as they found themselves being able to stretch the floor with more fire power on the perimeter. If all goes well this season, they should look to sign Robinson to a long term deal this summer.

Will the Pistons Find Stability in the Playoffs?
The Pistons (41-41) haven’t made a playoff appearance since 2026, where they were knocked out after a grueling 7-game series against the Orlando Magic. Detroit has had their ups and downs over the past two seasons, always finishing just shy of a playoff position due to injuries befalling the team for long stretches throughout the year. They made great signings during the offseason to bring their team together and MVP candidate Cade Cunningham is becoming a leader for this team. Cunningham has led his team in scoring with 19.8 points per, 6.5 rebounds, and 8 assists per game.

Analysts would love to see them go further in the playoffs, but they have a date with the New York Knicks. While the series is expected to be exciting, the Pistons are expected to make an early exit.

Philadelphia Squeaks into the Playoffs
The 76ers (40-42) are back in the Playoffs. They scratched and clawed their way to the playoffs this year unlike in years past. This is a far cry from the Philadelphia 76ers that won three straight championships in 2023, 2024, and 2025. Injuries have brought a serious halt to the Philly dynasty. Philly’s leading scorer, Jahlil Okafor (16.5ppg), suffered a strained Achilles early in the year, but he’s been back for the past few weeks aiding in the push to the playoffs. They will be without Dario Saric, who suffered a spinal injury this season. Attrition is also a factor that is slowing down the Sixers, with most of their key players are in their early to mid-thirties. They have been slowly building up through the draft, but they haven’t made any moves to bring youth into the fold.

Analysts predict an early exit for the Sixers as they face the Brooklyn Nets in the opening round. With several expiring contracts this summer, we’re expecting to see this team begin to dissolve at the end of this playoff run.
Last edited by chosenone58 on 09 Sep 2022, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Agent

Post by Agent » 06 Aug 2022, 17:11

Predicting two first round sweeps for the top teams in the east :bowdown:

mvp

Post by mvp » 08 Aug 2022, 09:13

Ben Simmons is such a bitch

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 08 Aug 2022, 23:20

Loved that recap. How does the Blazers roster look right now?
× The Life and Times of Tanjiro Sakai ×
× Watching: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 16 Aug 2022, 21:51

Agent wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 17:11
Predicting two first round sweeps for the top teams in the east :bowdown:
:melo2:

mvp wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 09:13
Ben Simmons is such a bitch
What did Ben Simmons do to you? :lol: :lol:

kibaxx7 wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 23:20
Loved that recap. How does the Blazers roster look right now?
Appreciate it! I tired to pull records and check out some big games and stats to kind of put something together since it's been all Knicks and Nets. I'm gonna post the West soon.

Blazers are pretty solid. Trey Young, Zion WIlliamson. CJ McCollum and Jimmy Butler coming off the bench. They drafted a center out of UNC. He's been putting up pretty solid numbers. I think they traded Anfernee Simons at some point midseason.
Last edited by chosenone58 on 16 Aug 2022, 22:09, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 16 Aug 2022, 22:04

2028-29 NBA Playoffs - Western Conference

Portland Tops the West with 50+ Wins
Aside from New York, Portland (51-31) made one of the biggest turnarounds from last season and this one. Portland won 10 games more this season than last season, and it was enough to get them the top spot in the West. They entered the playoffs last season as seventh seed, managing to upset the Minnesota Timberwolves in a six game series before falling to the Utah Jazz in five games. The Blazers traded for Collin Sexton last season who was playing in a crowded Cleveland back court, and he proved to be just the boon the team needed. He is thie third scorer on this high powered Blazers team, averaging 18 points per game. Zion Williamson continues to lead 27.8 points per game, followed by Ronnie Lucas’ 21.4 points per game. Portland’s defense may be a problem, especially with a gritty team like Phoenix as a matchup on the first round.

Mavericks Look to Be Strong Contenders for Western Conference Finals
Dallas made the Finals in 2026, losing to the eventual champion Brooklyn Nets. They have made it every year since, but they have been knocked out of the first round each time. Last season was thought to be theirs for the tacking with the acquisition of Mikey Williams in free agency, but he was lost to injury and missed most of last year and the first few months of this season. As usual, since he’s been drafted by Dallas, Spencer Myers has kept this Mavericks team in contention, averaging 21 points per game, but Mikey’s return does provide a lift and a much needed reprieve for Myers.

Playing alongside veterans Blake Griffin and Steph Curry for what could be the last season, as long as everyone stays healthy throughout this run, this may be Dallas’ best shot at making it back to the NBA Finals.

Will Houston’s Turnaround Season by Enough to Power Them Through the Playoffs?
After making the NBA Finals in 2027 and losing to the Brooklyn Nets, james Harden retired. The Rockets quickly looked to fill the gap by signing Devin Booker in free agency. Unfortunately, the Rockets didn’t make the playoffs the following year, but Houston (46-36) have finally found themselves back in it and with a top spot at that. Devin Booker has managed to lead this team, averaging 19.8 points per game. Houston’s post game is lacking with Bam Adebayo only averaging 9 points and 7 rebounds per game. The Clippers’ size may give them problems in the opening round.

Houston has only outscored their opponents by an average of 2 points per game this season. Even though they homecourt advantage, their road to the playoffs will not be easy.

Sacramento Makes Long Awaited Playoff Appearance
It has been years since the Sacramento Kings (46-36) were last seen in the playoffs and the team on their fans are hoping that it last longer than the first round. Sacramento has managed to build their team through the draft with Skyy Clark (2023) and Cayden Boozer (2028). It’s been a long road, but things seem to be coming together. Injuries have plagued the team throughout the season, as they will be playing without De’Aaron Fox and Jaylen Brown.

While the youth of Clark and Boozer have given this Kings’ team a push, it may be the inexperience that may cause them to falter in these playoffs. The duo have combined for 26 points per game this season.

Spoelstra and Sonics Look to Shake Up the Playoffs
After 20 seasons and only one championship to show for it, the Miami Heat parted ways with Erik Spoelstra last season, but he was quickly picked up by the Seattle Sonics to start this season and he has brought the Heat Culture to the northwest. With only their second season in the NBA, Seattle has arrived. This is a tough, gritty team led by Zach Randolph Jr., Mac McClung, and veterans Bradley Beal and Lance Stephenson. Beal was acquired through the expansion draft last season and Stephenson joined the team as a free agent last summer. Seattle won 44 games this season after only winning 31 games last season. Surprisingly though, they’ve allowed their opponents to score than .2 points per game than them, but they managed to finish the season 6 games above .500. They will have to find another gear if they plan to progress in the playoffs.

Ayton, Ball, and James led the Clippers Back to the Playoffs
Another team building from scratch has been the Los Angeles Clippers (43-39). A team that hasn’t quite been the same since the departure of Derek Baldwin, Blake Griffin, and Chris Paul. Piece by piece they have been putting this team back together. They signed DeAndre Ayton, followed by the signing of LaMelo Ball, and then the drafting of Bronny James. One thing that was missing was a veteran to help pull them together. Enter Damian Lillard. Aside from his leadership, the 17 year veteran Lillard is contributing 6.7 points per game coming off the bench.

Ball has averaged 14.3 points, 5.1 rebounds and 6.1 per game this season. Followed by James’ 13 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 5 assists per game. James has struggled with injuries early in his career, the latest being a torn Achilles just last season. Ayton has led the front court, averaging 14 points and 8.5 rebounds per game this season.

Injury Plagued Warriors Team Slides into 7th Seed
The Golden State Warriors finished with a record of 41-41 this season, but still managed to make the playoffs. They’ve overcome injuries to star point guard Darren Williams, who fractured his hand on Jan 30th and missed six weeks of the regular season. Before the injury, he was averaging 21 points per game. Rookie Jack Yates saw an increase in minutes, and he performed brilliantly for the Warriors. Coming up big in clutch moments. 2025 Rookie of the Year Lamar Hardin has been this team’s second leading scorer averaging 15.6 points per game.

Suns Season Didn’t Go as Planned, but Still Have a Chance
Seeing how well Noah Baldwin is performing for the Knicks, Phoenix is probably kicking themselves for trading away their draft pick in exchange for Joey Ellis. Since losing Aaron Wennington to Atlanta and Devin Booker to Houston, Phoenix has been trying to find their identity and support for Derrick Edwards, so they brought in not one, but two veterans, signing Kristaps Porzingas during the free agency. Phoenix has managed to make the playoffs for the last two seasons, only to suffer burnout in the first round with Edwards continuing to shoulder the load. The Suns are obviously still finding their groove in spite of the losing record of 42-40, they still managed to secure the eight seed in the playoffs. Edwards doesn’t have to carry the load alone, he is still the teams’ leading scorer averaging 23 points per game, followed by Porzingas’ 17.5 point and 9 rebounds game. Ellis has contributed 16.5 points and 6 assists per game, so the trade hasn’t been a total bust. The playoffs will be Phoenix’s chance to show that the moves they made this summer are paying off.

Agent

Post by Agent » 17 Aug 2022, 08:08

Bam & Booker isn't a bad duo but I'm predicting a Knicks/Mavs finals.