Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 31 Jan 2022, 22:50

NEW SCENARIOS AND SCENERIES

It's been a little over a week since Recks had clashed with the Clippers' star rookie, Ivan Frost. Though the win was a team effort, Recks felt slighted from the dominance portrayed by Ivan. The Lakers were home for a couple of weeks, and had a few big games circled on the calendar for the November games: Memphis, Dallas, Boston, Brooklyn, and the Clippers, which so happened to be the last game of the month. So the road to their second meeting begins...

[Whistle blown] "Aight fellas, that's a wrap for practice. Get some shots in before you leave, finish up strong. We got Portland tomorrow, let's continue to chain some wins."

Recks had headed to the concession table with Carmelo in tow as LeBron continued to work with the rookie, Rudy Jamison.

"You look like you're in top form today, like you got a chip on your shoulder."

"You can say that. Felt like I've been slacking in that last game", Recks says before taking a Gatorade off the table.

"Man drops 25, 7, 13, and 5, and says he's slacking. You know, I sometimes forget how unsatisfied you can be with your game if you're not at your best. You definitely got some Kobe in you."

"Nah, I'm nowhere like Kobe. That man was a habitual earner and winner. Got traded to the one of the most studded franchise ball club and worked his way into being top 3 Laker. I'm not anywhere close to that."

"Don't sell your-self short. There's only a gap of four titles between you two. Ever since you came in, a lot of guys had you pegged to be the next MJ, the next Kobe. You're elite kid."

"Yeah, well, as much as I appreciate the compliment, there's always more work to be done. There's always competition trying to gun for the top."

"Like who?" Carmelo asked, but Recks just looked at Melo as if it had to be really be asked.

"Oh, him", Melo chuckles. "I see, I get it. You got your thunder taken and now you want it back."

"Ain't even about the thunder, he can have it. I'm here to win man."

"Aight, and you continue to do your part and we'll be sure to repeat. 70-12, the third best team record behind the Warriors and the Bulls. You did that. Jaylen, Tacko, Chet, DeMar, Gordon, all those guys. We're a damn good team. Not too many that can compete when we're clicking."

"I'll give you that, but do make sure we share the credit. I'm just one man out there."

"82 points that broke Kobe's record says different. Listen man, don't let that upstart rookie get in your head. Yeah, he's playing in L.A., on our turf, but he's playing for the other team. This team and there's are not the same. Let him have his limelight, stay focused on the goal, getting back in the finals."

"You right, thanks man."

"No doubt, you my boy."

Both Carmelo and Recks kicked back on-looking at the shoot around the rest of the team was finishing up. The rookie, Rudy, looked to be absorbing the knowledge from LeBron.

"What you think of the new guy, Coach?"

"He's alright. Not ready yet, but I love his mid-range game. Still wild early in the season, but the rookie report got him projected as a top 15 rookie. Jaylen is going to stump him this year, but we need this win now team. We gotta ride this contending team as long as we can. Ivan outclasses every single person in the draft, so we gotta get all we can get before we start putting pieces together. Most importantly, it'd be a huge help if you stick around and be a part of that process. It is your team."

"Yeah, we'll talk about that when the time is right, off the record, strictly."

"Always "Mr. Professional"", Melo retorted as the two share a laugh.

"Aight man, I'm outta here."

"Leaving early? You're usually the last one out."

"Yeah, taking Khyri out. Figure I do something special for her, it's been a while."

"Aight, send her my love. Make sure to get some rest for tomorrow night."

"Will do."

On that note, Recks picked up his things and headed to the locker as he texted Khyri. Khyri wasn't much in the mood for any outing since the passing of her parents, but after some persuading, she agreed to hit the town for dinner...

==================================================================================================================================================================================
==================================================================================================================================================================================

Things were almost back to normal in the Black household, the dreaded grievance still lingered in Recks' domain, but it was time he put some changes in order. After cleaning up nicely and waiting for Khyri with the kids, she finally appeared, looking stunning in her black leather Dior thigh highs with the matching short shorts, a black laced corset underneath a off-white colored blazer that made the window view fashionably conservative.

"You look amazing."

"Thank you, was the best I could do for tonight."

"You make it look easy." Recks proceeds to twirl Khyri for a better viewing of her fit. "Take notes Kairos, this is the standard and class of a woman."

The remark puts a faint smile on Khyri's face as the family look on. After making their way out and heading off, the two drove on about, we with some mellow jazz on the playlist, Recks was eagar to set the mood on the go...

"So, where are we heading?"

"I figure we change it up a bit, get you out of that sulking depression and put a gleam back in your eye."

"That's very sweet of you, but still doesn't tell me where we're off two."

"Of course, I'm not going to tell. Just relax, enjoy the ride, enjoy the music, and we'll enjoy ourselves when we get there. We're not too far."

"Okay, just I don't want nothing over the top babe, just not in the mood for anything fancy and extravagant."

"Yeah, but we're going to change that. I need my old Khyri back. I know... Losing your parents is tough. Real tough, and I can't even imagine what it's like to experience that loss. But life must progress. You're a parent your-self. Time you take everything your mom and dad taught you and pass it down to our kids. Keep their ways and memories alive."

"......"

"See, that's the Khyri I don't like. I miss the old energetic, bouncy, dimwitted, cluts. Don't grow into this stump."

"I'm not babe, I'm doing what you asked."

"Okay." Recks reaches down in the side door compartment, handing Khyri an item.

"What's this?"

"Put it on, it's a blindfold."

"Recks, what are you up to?"

"Nothing, just put it on, we're almost there."

Reluctantly, Khyri complied and slips on the blindfold. "You better not be up to nothing stupid, Recks."

"I'm not, I'm not. Just let me have this."

Khyri feels the car come to a halt ten minutes later and Recks helps her out the car. After taking more than a hundred paces, Khyri hearing and trying to interpret the surroundings from her steps, but Recks fortifies the blindfold before positioning her.

"You ready?"

"Yeah, ready as I'm ever going to be."

"Alright, take it off."

Khyri proceeds to slowly take off the blindfold for dramatic effects, but to Recks' dismissal, he swiftly removes the fold, presenting an explosive viewing to the eyes all at once.

"Yo! What is this???"

Khyri turns to Recks quickly only to be met with a pair of keys in her face. "This, is our new home."

Recks had bought a flat in Beverly Hills, particularly in the Trousdale Estates, that oversees downtown Los Angeles to the Hills. A five bedroom, 6 bathroom home that encased a master suite family room in large window panes. The view looks out to a massive swimming pool that caters to the view, day and night.

"You got to be kidding me."

"No, this is the real deal", Recks says as he place the keys in her hand.

"But how? How could you afford this? How much did this cost you?"

"Does it matter?"

"Tell me."

"Mmmm, in the ball park of 20 Million."

"WHAT?!?!" Khyri shouted. "Oh my god, I can't believe this. This is for real? Like this is ours?"

"Only if you want it to be."

Khyri took in the view she was standing within. Amazed and flustered, she couldn't come to words to fathom her excitement.

"I've never seen anything like this, so beautiful..."

"Only second to your beauty", Recks smiled, cheesing.

"No brownie points for you, sir. You've outdone your-self with this. But please, Recks, tell me this is a joke."

"Nah, it's no joke. This is legit. Go ahead, try the key."

Khyri didn't waste no time in trying the key, as skeptical she was, she needed validation. And sure enough, the validation was real. The key worked. With the latch unlocked, Khyri steps into the newly reprised flat that was built in 1964.

"This is... Amazing!" Khyri's eyes began to glitter once again as she took in the view, inspecting the nearly 3800 square foot property.

Making her way into the kitchen, Khyri stumbled upon a small team of cooks and a butler.

"Ah, good evening, Madame Blu. Your arrival was expected and as requested by Mr. Black, we had be sheltered to your surprise upon discovery. If you may, please allow me to assist with your belongings and direct you to the dining room as dinner will be imminent."

"You're actually the butler here?"

"Yes, quite. Sorry, where are my manners. I'm Stephen Artrelle. And these are my esteemed colleagues, Kelly Wentz and Edward McKowski. They will be assisting me with your weekly meal prepping and diet plannings."

"Wow, never thought the help would need help."

"Well, yes, I certainly will take on the bulk of the duties here, but to keep up with your family's dietary, Mr. Black has agreed to the arrangement that suit your needs."

"Wow, this is crazy."

"I see you've met Mr. Artrelle and the crew. Thank you Artrelle, I'll take us to our seats. Mind bringing us some drinks?"

"Right away, sir."

The night goes on without a hitch, Khyri couldn't wrap her head with what was going on. The sudden change, the grandiose of a new home was a bit overwhelming. The two enjoyed their first meal in their new exclusivity, though leaving a family behind for a few hours, the time was about them. Recks wanted to rekindle that passion they once had.

"Recks, why do all this? I mean, don't get me wrong, I can get used to this, but this is too much. We have more than enough where we live."

"Simply put, you deserve better. Our kids deserve better, even Tia. Tia been a big help to us, watching the kids when we're on the road, out doing our business and what not. She set her life aside to let us follow ours. But above all else, you've been an amazing mom to our kids, especially to Kairos. I've seen how he takes to you. I love that just as much as I love you."

"Recks, I love you too. I know things haven't been the best lately and all that went down years ago, but do know that I truly do love you. I don't see my life without you. Even without all of this, we can live in a small hut and I'll be just as happy."

"I mean, I can always get my money back and make that small hut a reality. Save us a great deal of money."

"Don't push it", Khyri says as she laughs with Recks.

"Listen, I'm truly sorry about what all that happened recently. None of this will bring back what was taken, but this is just a step forward to bring unity back in our family. New home, new views, fresh start to better experiences in life."

"I can drink to that... Thank you, Recks. For everything."

"No need to thank me. Your father asked me to do right by you, and I plan on doing so. With that said, this is a start to that. I don't hit the road until the 16th, so we got time to get this place settled. And with you off, you and Tia can go nuts with the decor. I love the minimalist vibe it has, but this is a home, our home."

As the night cast over Los Angeles, the two gazed under the hidden stars and over the Hills and Los Angeles, fantasizing their new life, and new beginnings. It was a night of bliss and much needed for the two, to forget their woes for the moment and appreciate the now. Almost like a fairy tale, but even so, "Lady Wickedness" was brewing elsewhere...

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 31 Jan 2022, 23:10

mvp

Post by mvp » 01 Feb 2022, 08:49

Spida getting close to that 40 PPG. And Frost with the 36/18 per game stat line is :obama:

Think this chise is your best work. What you think?

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 01 Feb 2022, 12:20

mvp wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 08:49
Spida getting close to that 40 PPG. And Frost with the 36/18 per game stat line is :obama:

Think this chise is your best work. What you think?
Bois getting at it early :yup:

Doesn't matter what I think, it's up to the followers like you to determine if it's good or trash. All I can do is assure my consistency and interest in the chise. But looking on the outside-in, I'm inclined to agree. Definitely my top three chise.

Agent

Post by Agent » 02 Feb 2022, 09:15

Happy Wife. Happy life.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Feb 2022, 13:42

Agent wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 09:15
Happy Wife. Happy life.
Happy Recks. Happy Flex :baze:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Feb 2022, 13:42

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Feb 2022, 13:51

mvp

Post by mvp » 02 Feb 2022, 14:30

Blowout! Those uni's are underrated.

This is really giving me the 2K itch

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Feb 2022, 23:29

Black v Frost part one looked pretty solid. The rookie is about his business. I think this will be a great storyline. Can't wait for the next game.

New views for the fam. A fresh start is always good.

D. Rose bringing the splash. Gotta love it.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd