Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Agent

Post by Agent » 22 Jul 2021, 00:34

:ooo: homage to Jordan?

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 22 Jul 2021, 07:12

Agent wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 00:34
:ooo: homage to Jordan?
Just showing some respect to His Airness for the shoe deal

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 22 Jul 2021, 07:25

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Jul 2021, 01:56

NEW TEAMMATES

Recks and the Sixers finished off the week with a 2-1 record. After Friday's win over the Timberwolves, the boys went out to celebrate with dinner. Keeping the morale up, everyone ate good, had a good time as it was their first of five weekends off. It was nothing major, as they knew they had more work to do, but things could be worse.

The next morning at crack of dawn, Recks made his way to the gym, first one there. Followed by Joel and Carmelo.
"Yooo, sup fellas." Recks greeted the two. After fist bumping, Joel and Carmelo joined Recks on the treadmill station, getting some cardio in.

"I didn't think you boys would be up this early."

"After all that food last night, gotta burn that off seriously." Carmelo retorted.

"Man, it was the best food I had in a good while. I ate good. I slept good. I do not want to do nothing really but stay in bed.' Joel complained. "But no rest until the finals."

"You already know Jo" Recks agreeing.

The trio worked out together, putting in some reps just as more of the team made their way in. Recks spots Doc Rivers in the building and made his way over.

"Hey, Doc, got a minute?"

"Yeah, come with me to the office, I was looking for you anyway."

"Oh yeah, what's up?" Recks closed the door behind him before sitting down with Doc Rivers.

"We're going to put you in some extensive training and work on your ball security and discipline. Now you've played very well offensively, defensively, but we have to get you to dial it down on the turnovers.

"Okay, fair enough." Recks complied.

"So, going to put you on a trial and move you to shooting guard and take the ball out of your hands and see how it works for you."

"... What? You saying that I can't run point no more? I mean, that's the only position I played since college."

"I understand, but now you're in the NBA. You got to be more flexible, especially in this modern era where it's considered the league is position-less." Doc detailed. "I'm not supposed to be telling you this, but nothing is concrete, but we're looking to shop around for another player to help boost our winnings."

"Alright, so where does that leave me? Am I still in the lineup? Will it put me on the bench?" Recks questioned.

"You'll still have your time on the floor, don't worry about that. You're too good to let sit on the pine. Like I said, nothing is concrete. All I need you to do is focus on your game, do better with the discipline, do the film work and make progress. All of next week, you'll be starting at the two, so prep yourself for that."

"Alright Coach, you got it. I actually wanted to come to you about the whole turnover sloppiness, but you're already on it."

"Okay, so we're on the same page then. Glad to hear it. I appreciate you wanting to take the initiative. A lot of guys just put games like those on short-term memory and forget about them."

"Nah, ain't no forgetting the mistakes I keep making. Got more work to do when I come back later today."

"Okay, don't push your-self too hard. Practice is only as good as it can be." Doc iterated.

As Recks stood up, his phone went off. Getting a incoming call from Khyri. The two haven't spoken since the New Years weekend.

"Hey Khy, what's up?"

"Hey, you got a minute to talk?" Khyri asked. The way she sounded, Recks assumed it was seriously important.

"Yeah, hold on. Hey coach, I'ma take this. I'll see you later on" Recks exit the room, giving his attention to Khyri. "What's going on?"

"Recks... I'm pregnant..."

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Jul 2021, 03:50

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Jul 2021, 04:45

Topic author
The JZA