808s N' Fastbreaks

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Count

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by Count » 01 Jan 2021, 20:20

Johan putting up unreal numbers

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 01 Jan 2021, 22:18

Agent wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 13:43
:obama: damn KAT! Hate it had to be you
Don't worry, D'Angelo got his too. Man I tell you, I was really surprised that D'Lo only hit 8 of 20 of his three. Felt like he was knocking them down all game long

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 01 Jan 2021, 22:22

Count wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 20:20
Johan putting up unreal numbers
For a rookie, yes he is. I didn't think OKC was so similar to the Knicks. Got a lot of young guys, but they're not contributing enough, especially Trevor Ariza.

Which to why, we need to a trade or two. Sort out this plethora of PFs and get another scorer. Shai is streaky, but doesn't takeover.

This 7-game road tour was suppose to be a guideline to the next story, but apparently, they'll be some changes to what I had originally plotted.

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 02 Jan 2021, 10:50

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 02 Jan 2021, 10:59

mvp

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by mvp » 02 Jan 2021, 11:04

that was a duel. ja got u that time. lets see this doncic matchup

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 02 Jan 2021, 16:07

mvp wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 11:04
that was a duel. ja got u that time. lets see this doncic matchup
It's what I get for trying to play team basketball. Playing against Ja was definitely fun though

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 02 Jan 2021, 16:23

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 02 Jan 2021, 19:22

...Game 7...

The Oklahoma City Thunder just completed their 7-game road tour with a hell of a game in Dallas, beating the Luka Doncic, Kristap Porzingis, and the Mavericks by two points. While Johan delivered the game winning shot, crushing Dallas’ hopes of overtime, both Luka and Johan put on a hell of showcase that would most likely make this game go down as top ten games of the season. As the excitement fizzled out in the arena, the teams cleared the floor and made their way to the lockers.

“Good game!” “Yo, Johan! Hell of a game!”, few of the teammates congratulated Johan. “Thanks guys.” Johan shares a couple fist bumps before collapsing on the center of the floor. “You alright man?” Shai asked with concern. Looking at Johan breathing uncontrollably. “I’m tired man! I’m exhausted!” “Yeah, Luka is no joke.” “That man isn’t human Shai. That man does things no man should be able to do.” “That can be said about you too.” Shai retorted as he extended his hand to help Johan up, “But you got the better of him tonight. That put us 2-0 over Dallas.” “I saw that game. You posted 30 points and still won just by two points.” “And you know how much Luka had?” Shai asked. “Not enough?” “He had 3 more assists than he did tonight. They went cold in the 4th, so we got off easy.” “Man, I wish I was on the team for that game, would’ve been a lot easier.”

Johan gets to his locker, taking a breather as he checks his phone. Messages from Erick, his agent Sidney, Stacey, his former teammate in the G League with the Stockton Kings, along with an unknown number. Just as Johan was about to listen to the voicemail from the unknown caller, Mark Daigneault, OKC’s head coach suddenly walks in the room congratulating the team, “Great win guys, great win! Listen up. Tonight’s our last game on the road for a few weeks. It’s a shame we couldn’t get the games we should have, but I’ll take three of seven than nothing. We’re still far from where we want to be, but you guys are starting to look good out there. Get as much rest as you can, we got the Nets tomorrow, and they’re coming in hot.” Since their last meet, Kyrie Irving has been serving up L’s to the Clippers, Nuggets, and Wizards, leading the team to four straight wins to round them about for their next game in Oklahoma City. “Hey Johan, got a couple of reporters wanting a sound bite with you.” “Oh, okay Coach.” Just as Johan was heading out the door, Coach Daigneault stops him, mumbling loud enough for Johan to hear, “You keep playing like that, this is going to be your team fast. Keep up the good work, but keep in mind of the responsibilities you’re growing into, we’ll talk about that later.”

Johan takes a moment to think of the message Coach Daigneault uttered to him before checking in with the press. Johan wasn’t the one to let his head swell from compliments, but somehow, even though just playing his game, working hard, Johan knew those words were not for nothing...

----------

The next day, arriving Oklahoma City, Erick meets Johan at the team’s facility to pick him up. After salutations and briefs departures, Erick gives Johan a scenic ride, showing him around a bit, piquing his interest of the city he’s now playing for and representing. Reaching their grand stop, Erick gives a tour of Johan’s new home. A two-storied house with guest house built on the wing. It’ll be the place he’ll reside for the next few seasons.

“So... What do you think? Did I deliver, or did I deliver?” Johan steady looking around, “It’s nice. Better than a town house, it’s nice.” “Just nice?” “.. Yeah, what else you want?” “Since you’re asking that question, I need two weeks off, a Bentley, and my own personal assistant.” Johan side eyed Erick, “Nice’ll do for now. But why the guest house? Couldn’t you just live in the same house, take a room.” “Nah man. I’m a personal space kind of guy, respectfully speaking.” “C’mon man, I don’t need all this space to my-self.” “Johan, when I say personal space, I mean “personal space”” After a quick second, Johan came to realization, “I see what you mean, copy.” “Look man, we got a pool out back, grilling area with a gazelle, you got trees, a garage, this place is clean and furnished. Not to mention only 20 minutes away from the city.” “Alright, you got it. You delivered Erick. Thank you.” “No need to thank me, my man, the guest house is enough for me. While you were away, I’ve been going around looking at some vacancies, going to finally start my own mechanic shop.” “You really love your cars, huh?” “Of course, not only I’m your assistant, also your in-house mechanic, I’ll cut you a discount whenever you get a ride of your own.” “Man, you’re a trip. But I do need a ride fast. I’ma be home for a few weeks. Since the league cut down the schedule to 58 games, it’s leaving me some time at home.” “Cool, we’ll hop on that asap when you’re free.” “Thanks man.”

Johan was left to his own palace outside of Oklahoma City. A house filled with electricity, heat, and water. One thing he noticed the most was the quietness. Growing up in the trifecta area, around constant noise, it was as if Johan was in a dead zone. Pure quietness, serenity. All that came to a halt just as a phone call came in. After fumbling for his phone, he finally answers.

“Sidney, how’s everything?” “Just about as smooth as your game on the floor. Thought you forgot about the little people behind the scenes.” “Nah, I haven’t, I’m actually just getting home for the first time.” “Ooh, how you like the place? It’s snazzy.” “I like it, got potential to be a home- wait, you were here?” “Oh no, your assistant-friend, Erick was his name? He reached out to me; said he could use my expertise. Luckily enough, I had a colleague out there to help me with this one. So, don’t worry about this one Johan, this house is on me.” “Really? Well, I definitely owe you one big time.” “All you need to do is keep doing what you’re doing and keep them checks rolling in. Name of the game we’re playing is “Money”. And speaking of money, the game you’ve been playing has been generating quite the buzz around the water cooler, television, and social media.” “That’s a good thing.” “Oh, most definitely. Enough to have a sit with Jordan.” “Michael Jordan?” “No, no, close enough-” “Michael B. Jordan?” “Would you stop that. Be serious. We’re talking shoe deal with Jordan. Apparently, they’ve been watching you since your days in San Francisco.” “So, let’s do it. Let’s get that deal on the table and signed. Shoe deal, local deal, whatever, the answer is yes. I want to build a portfolio inside and outside the NBA.” “I like your spirit kid, but don’t say yes to everything. That’s how deals with the devil are made. Let me handle it, I’ll get back to you. Everything goes well, we can try to seal it with some ink by next weekend.” “Okay, I trust you.” “Don’t do that either. You got a lot to learn kid, but I won’t do you wrong. Oh, and by the way, that game in Boston, you should’ve taken that one. Talk to you later.”

After hanging up the phone, it was finally peace time for Johan. It’s been a long ten days for the NBA rookie. Tomorrow was another day to suit up and do what he loves. For the next ten years, and maybe more, this would be the life of Johan Johnson...

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 02 Jan 2021, 21:38