808s N' Fastbreaks

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 01 Feb 2021, 15:06

mvp wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 08:11
wiz already off russ :lol:

dont know how russ and luka will work out, but i like beal and kp together
I'm not digging the Luka & Russ duo at all. They're in the middle of the pack, but if they can pull it off, I'd be amazed.
Captain Canada wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 12:07
Obscene stats :drose:
Be like that sometimes
Agent wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 12:33
Lmaaaaaao mark Cuban smoking DUST
Shit must be good for him to allow this lol

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 01 Feb 2021, 18:55

The JZA wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 19:58
...Overnight Stardom...

“Young man! Young man! Are you ready for this weekend?!?!” Erick shouts as he Johan in the corridor of Johan’s house. “All-Star Weekend baby!! And the “Marquee of the Weekend”: Johaaaaaaaan Jooooohnsoooooon!!!” Erick recites as Johan approaches Erick with bags. “You’re very excited for this, huh?” “excited? Oh no my brother, I am JUBILANT! You dominated high school, you’ve dominated college, you’ve dominated the G-league, you’re dominated the NBA. Now, the lights get brighter! The stars, the fans, the paparazzi, the red carpet, the unlimited shrimps and 5-star room service! We’re talking Hollywood baby! Where anything can happen!” Johan looks at Erick with confusion before breaking the news to him. “Um, buddy, appreciate your enthusiasm, but we’re going to Indiana.” Erick took a brief moment to register, “Indiana?” “Yep.” “Who wanna go to Indiana?” “I do.” “But it’s Indiana. Corn fields and NASCAR racing.” “And a lot of rich basketball history.” “Come on, really?”

Their Uber arrived as they left the manor. With bags loaded in the trunk, they headed out to the airport to catch their early flight.

“But seriously, you’re ready?” “Yeah”, Johan nods. “I mean, it’s the all-star weekend, it’s all fun.” “Indeed, it is, but it’s also a place for rookies and sophomores a like who don’t get the necessary time to show off what they can do. Don’t take it too lightly, things can get competitive and you don’t want to get showed up.” “Come on, you know I’m always competitive. Basketball, chess, pool, UNO, don’t matter, I want to win.” “Absolutely, that’s the mindset to be in.” “Don’t worry man, the world is in a rude awaken when I step out there. Especially the All-Star game. I don’t want to just get noticed; I want the whole NBA to know who I am.” “That’s that spirit! Just keep it in mind, don’t go too, too hard. No need to stress for injury. Halfway through the season, after this weekend, it’s time to focus on getting to the playoffs, for the grand prize.” “Most definitely”, Johan agrees as looking out the window into the distance, spacing out over how far he’s come and all he’s lost. “I’ve came too far...”

Hours later, the two arrived in Indiana, making their way to their designated reserved hotel. It was limited to NBA employees and officials due to the on-going pandemic; this left Johan and Erick to go their separate ways.

“Hey, Johan, I got something for you.” “Yeah? What’s up?” “Just a little something-something for you for the weekend my man.” Johan takes the gift-wrapped box and tears into it. “Okay, Jordans. This looks promising. I’m not even going to look at the label.” “You’ll love them.” “Haha, what are these?!” Johan was unexpectedly blinded from the bling he was holding inside the shoebox, revealing a pair of Air Jordan VII Gold Metallics. “Yo, you crazy with these man. I’ve been trying to get my hands on a pair for a while bro, wow.” “Yeah, I figured you’d wanna switch it up and stand out this weekend.” “Yo, most definitely, I’ll be wearing these for the weekend bro, thanks man, I really appreciate this.” Erick waived off the gratitude, “It’s nothing, we’re boys. Just go out there and put on a hell of show.” “Oh, you know I will.”

The two shared a bro-hug before parting ways. Johan entered the hotel, seeing a few of the rookies and sophomores straggling around, catching up and vibing. While it was a time to relax and have fun, for Johan, this weekend would be short as he’ll be heading out to Phoenix immediately to face the Suns the next night. While being featured in three of the four showcases, it was all work for Johan. Just as Johan settled in his room, his phone goes off from a text.

Nikitia: “Be watching you this weekend, hope you do great.”

Johan: “Thanks. I’ll do my best to impress you two.”

As much as Johan wanted to pursue an intimate conversation with Nikita, now wasn’t the time. It was late, and he was tired. Turning in early to get up at 5 A.M. to train and have some shoot arounds, Johan wanted to be brisk. His first All-Star weekend in his career, Johan transition into an All-Star.

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 01 Feb 2021, 19:33

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 01 Feb 2021, 19:43

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 01 Feb 2021, 19:57