808s N' Fastbreaks

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 28 Dec 2020, 13:04

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 28 Dec 2020, 14:11

Count

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by Count » 28 Dec 2020, 18:03

gotta get those assist numbers up

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 28 Dec 2020, 19:01

...Chapter One: The End...

“Okay Johan, everything seems to be in order. Only thing is left to do is to welcome you to the team, congratulations.” Johan stands up shaking the General Manager’s hand. “No, thank you, Boss. I can’t express how appreciative I am for this opportunity.” “We saw what you did in the G League, and we couldn’t let a talent like yours stay down there. You’ve earned this.” “Yes, yes I did. And I won’t let you guys down because of it.” “I would hope not Johan, we set high standards around here and make it our business to exceed them. We hope you aim to do the same for us, and more importantly for your-self. Now remember, we’re all a team here from top down, so, my door is open whenever.” “Thank you.” “Enjoy the rest of your day. Tomorrow will be your first official day in the organization...”

It was only five games in the G League, not even a full week, and Johan has striked gold. After his big performance in Oklahoma City, Johan’s agent, Sidney got on the horn with an NBA team that wanted to sign him immediately. After relaying the news, Johan made it his business to make it to the office and hear the offer. It didn’t take long for them to convince Johan and get his signature inked on paper.

Excited, elated, wanting to share the news with somebody, Johan calls his best friend Erick. “Erick! Erick!” “Yoo! What’s good bro!? How’s everything?” “Erick man, I did it! I’m in the NBA bro!” “What!? Yooooo! We outta here! NBA FINALS! HERE WE COME BAAAAAAYBEEEEEEE!!!!” The two ride high on the exciting news with by passers giving Johan concern faces as if he was too old to not contain his joy in an adult manner.

“So, I almost forgot to ask man, who you playing for?” “Nah buddy, you’re going to have to wait and see the news your-self. I think you’re going love who I’m with, as you do already.” “Noooooo, you serious!? You gonna leave me in suspense like this? You know I got more than one favorite team.” “Well, not my fault you can’t narrow down your loyalty.” “C’mon man, it be like that sometimes. East team ain’t doing so hot, gotta hold it down in the west! Cut me a break.” “Nah, wait it out, you’ll find out soon enough. But I have an important question for you.” “What’s up?” “I know your life is in Jersey. But I really, really, can use you out here with me bro. I’ma need some balance with all this craziness that the future may hold.” “Damn, you just want me to up and leave everything I worked hard for? I don’t know man. Seems like a stretch.” “Come on man, we go back since High School. You’ve had my back whenever I’m in need. You know what? Here’s this; I’m offering you a job as my assistant.” “Damn, you didn’t get your first paycheck and you already throwing money in my face. You got some nerves.” Erick lets out a laugh. “Alright, as long as I have roof over my head and an office, think we can work something out. I’m getting tired of this dinky job; think I can use this opportunity to broaden my horizon.” “Yeah, about that.” “About what?” “We don’t really have a place to stay. Been holed up in a decent hotel. So, you’re first order of business is to get us a sweet pad.” Erick lets off a sarcastic sigh, “I always got to do everything for you JoJo. I’m in, let's get this money!”

Hours later after Johan comes down off his high, he begins to reflect on the events in his life that led up to this day. Nikita’s pregnancy, moving to Newark, Atlanta, life in San Francisco, the death of his mother. The one person he wanted to share the news in earthly tone, he could not relay to. Secluded, it was a moment of relief, to cry joy and pain simultaneously. He knew how proud his mother would be to see him do what he loves on the biggest platform in the world. For his son, who knows nothing of him, he would make sure that his name meant something down the line. Two things in life taken from him, centered the life of basketball within Johan. Hard work and dedication got him this far, and all roads now lead to consistency. Destination: Greatness...

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 28 Dec 2020, 20:01

Count wrote:
28 Dec 2020, 18:03
gotta get those assist numbers up
Facts. John Stockton would be disappointed

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 28 Dec 2020, 23:08

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 28 Dec 2020, 23:09

Topic author
The JZA

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by The JZA » 28 Dec 2020, 23:10

*** You guys prefer this updated layout or the regular? Just trying something spicy

mvp

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by mvp » 29 Dec 2020, 09:36

i like that new one. fire.

5 games in the g league to multi year contract and day one starter :obama:

Agent

808s N' Fastbreaks

Post by Agent » 29 Dec 2020, 10:35

I like the grunge effect on the logos.

Buddy at the top got CROSSED but his fade look CLEAN :obama:

Also 8-2 my ass. This same OKC squad went 9-73 in season 1 of myleague