Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

mvp

Post by mvp » 11 Apr 2022, 13:02

this squad is legit. Nice shot of Recks with the flick!

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Apr 2022, 18:42

mvp wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 13:02
this squad is legit. Nice shot of Recks with the flick!
Squad trying to repeat. It's a Lakers thing :yep:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Jun 2022, 05:44

END OF PROLOGUE, WHERE THE STORY BEGINS...
(8-Year Time Skip Due To Save File Corruption)

There's three type of people in the world: those who do good, those who do great, and those who are forever immortalized...

Recks Black and Khyri Blu had found themselves as a household name as they grew into their respective roles as the faces of the franchises, quickly turning themselves into the "Faces of L.A.". Despite their odds with Recks fathering a child outside their relationship, the two would resolve their differences later down the road, becoming a power couple the public adored. It wasn't until after the 2027 season where Recks finally popped the question, kneeling before Khyri and asking for her hand in marriage. With all the success on the court, off the court, in their personal lives, the House of Black family was once again at full strength and things were looking up for Team Black.

Kairos rose through the ranks in school, academically and in athletics. While remaining a honor roll student, with a high IQ, Kairos was able to skip a grade forward all the while keeping up with his training. It took no time for Kairos to hit his growth spurt early, already at 6'3" at 14. Kairos would excel at JV level of basketball with the intermediate team, even in some scrimmages against the JV team, a given since being a student to Recks and Khyri. It went without question that Kairos showed promised to be the next big thing.

September of 2027, it was announced that Recks Black would finally grace the cover of NBA 2K, covering the "Kingslayer Edition". The publicity, the hype, the fame and adulation would be all for naught as the Lakers the 2027-2028 playoffs, ending their reign as three-peaters. But they would return with a vengeance and two-peat in the next two seasons. It was the biggest milestone in Recks' career, solidifying him-self in the NBA and in the basketball world as one of the G.O.A.T.s, tying Kobe Bryant with five championships with the Lakers, and tying Michael Jordan with six championships of his own. Recks was truly in the one of the rarest companies to be in. But Khyri would not be outdone.

In her own right, Khyri became a five-time WNBA MVP and four-time WNBA champion with three Finals MVP to boot. As the years accrued, Khyri's voice would be heard just as loud as her game, challenging the team owners as she advocated for the WNBA athletic employees as well as challenging them to step up their game, providing a better product. The league began to grow under Khyri's merit and soon come across a boon of future stars entering the league. Faster, smarter, tougher, stronger, more intelligent, the WNBA had finally began to earn the respect it struggled to attain for so long. With Khyri as the spearhead of it all, Nneka Ogwumike stepped down from the role of President of WNBA, allowing Khyri to take place and advance the league. But just as the rain was right, so was the storm ahead...

Weeks after hoisting his sixth NBA title, it was reported and confirmed that Recks Black was murdered... The executioner: Clinton Brown. After an early release from prison, Clinton got wind of Recks and his cousin, Erica, had an affair and things did not turn in her favor. With the drama rekindled, Clinton took matters into his own hands despite Erica's otherwise wishes of him not to get involved. Just two nights after hosting a family and friends cookout/basketball tournament in Fresno, Recks was slained at his front door at 3:24 in the morning. It didn't take long for Clinton to fall back into custody and the press to jump all over this high-profile case. With Khyri's world falling apart around her, Khyri took an early exit, retiring from the WNBA to leave town after laying her late husband to rest. Heading all the way to Ohio, Khyri would lay low and focus on raising her kids. With a blow this devastating, there no amount of time in her life that would mend this crater-sized void in her heart... But Recks' legacy would not be snuffed. Like weed, you cut one, a new crop would grow in it's place. And in due time, the next generation would arrive...

Here lies the legendary, Recks Black... Son, father, husband, NBA legend...
March 29, 1999 — July 6, 2030

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Jun 2022, 05:50

1st page updated with career statistics

To be continued...

Agent

Post by Agent » 17 Jun 2022, 08:14

Cover is insane :letsgo:

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Jun 2022, 13:45

WTF?!?

Clinton Brown ruins everything. Every damn thing!

Hell of an ending, but I can't believe it ended like that. And that 2K cover is elite, my guy.

I can't wait to see what the young Kairos brings to the game.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 18 Jun 2022, 15:10

That cover is better than 90% of real covers and that's saying something. What a fucking story.

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 18 Jun 2022, 19:45

God damn, what an ending. And that cover is insane.
× The Life and Times of Tanjiro Sakai ×
× Watching: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 19 Jun 2022, 19:25

DEPARTURES

The year is 2034. Four years has passed since the sun has set on Recks Black, at the age of 31... But with all sunsets, the sun must rise again as a new dawn was on the horizon. For the past few years, life was quiet in Ohio for Khyri and her children, all growing up fast. Though haunted by the face she misses the most, his legacy and image lived on. And the first to step out of the shadows was Kairos...

"Mom, you sure about this? Can't you at least stay for a while?"

"I wish I could honey, but back home is where I'll stay for now. I have your brother and sisters to look after. As much as I'm going to miss you, it's time for you to move on and spread your wings baby. You're nearly grown and it's time for you to set out on your adventure. This was your father's wish."

"Dad's? What you mean?" Kairos asked curiously.

"Well, he said that if you should ever play college basketball, he wanted you to go out there and experience life. When he was your age, your father had you to look after, but your grand parents were there to help. But you don't have that same burden as he did. It's time for you to live free, make mistakes, wise up and grow."

"... Dad really wanted that, huh?"

"Yes, sweety, and I do too. You of all people, need it the most. You've lived a healthy, happy and comfortable childhood. You wanted for nothing. And now it's time for you to go out and get your own, get everything you want and deserve. Your father did everything he could to give you the best, now it's your turn to go be the best."

Kairos soaked in the wise words from Khyri, who wore black shades, trying to mask the watering of her eyes, seeing her son, the splitting image of her late husband, preparing to depart. Kairos had written his letter of intent to Rice University. Though Khyri had grilled of his choice, Kairos was adamant, stating that he felt at home in Houston, wanting to now see what it had to offer.

"So, this is it? You'll make sure to watch my games on TV right?"

"Of course, we wouldn't miss a game for anyone."

"Wished Taurie, Zhuri & Zarya could be here to say goodbye."

"I know, but they're in school and don't want them missing any days away. I got Mrs. Hassell watching them until I get back. Besides, you'll see them again once you make your decision to graduate or go into the draft."

"Wait, what? You're saying I still have to study? Thought this was a full-ride through?"

"Uh, yeah? But you still have to do well to stay in the program. We gone over this alreay Kai."

"Man, it really slipped my mind. Guess I was so excited that I blacked out on everything else."

"Listen, you'll be fine. All I need you to do is go to school, be on your best behavior, and life live. Experience things, meet some new people. See where life takes you. It's all about you baby boy. Your story begins now."

"I love you, Mom. Thank you for everything."

"I love you too my baby boy. Do yourself proud and be safe."

The two hugged each other tightly, neither one wanting to let go, but it was time for Kairos to make his way out of the Bush Intercontinental Airport and on his way to Rice University. Once Kairos was out of view and a few tears shed, Khyri booked her a flight...

[4.5 hours later...]

Belmont Memorial Park. Fresno, California...

Khyri made her way though the cemetery in search of her late husband. She'd eventually finds the grave site of Recks with the assist of the way of the wind. It was as if the air carried her heavy feet with each step through the silence.

"You know, you're a hard person to find these days." Khyri sarcastically uttered.

"It's been a long time since we last talked. I'm sorry I've kept you waiting. I can only imagine how much you've missed us as we do miss you."

Khyri slowly kneel before his tombstone, sitting on her knees as she lay a bouquet at the rest. "I'm not even sure if you like flowers. You've always gotten me them. I wish I could've gave them to you sooner... I just came from Houston... Kairos decided to go to college at Rice University... He looks so much like you when you were his age. I love that boy as if he came out of me, but seeing him while you're here just hurts so much... Because I miss you so much... And if it wasn't for those three beautiful babies you've given me, I don't know if I'd be here today... I thought about it, but... I've stayed strong... For you, for them... You're probably somewhere going up against all the basketball greats or trying to go against Kobe to see who's the best, as you should be enjoying your time elsewhere... And though, this may be my last time visiting, always know that I love you with every breath I take and my heart will always be with you... You'll see me again when it's my time to come home to you, and I will tell you everything about how our kids grown to be so amazing than they already are... "

Khyri takes a moment to wipe her tears, trying to keep her calm. Standing up before his grave, she takes in one last look just before she turns and walk away, "until we meet again, my love..."

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 19 Jun 2022, 19:30

Agent wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 08:14
Cover is insane :letsgo:
chosenone58 wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 13:45
WTF?!?

Clinton Brown ruins everything. Every damn thing!

Hell of an ending, but I can't believe it ended like that. And that 2K cover is elite, my guy.

I can't wait to see what the young Kairos brings to the game.
Captain Canada wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 15:10
That cover is better than 90% of real covers and that's saying something. What a fucking story.
kibaxx7 wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 19:45
God damn, what an ending. And that cover is insane.
Preciate you fams! I know the ending isn't the most popular, but it's the most fitting. Kinda a tear-jerker for me. Putting all that work in just to see it crumble and rebuild, it's fascinating.

And with the prologue untimely out of the way, now we can get to the real story of the chise!! :blessed: