Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

mvp

Post by mvp » 10 Feb 2023, 12:35

jeezy :bowdown:

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 10 Feb 2023, 23:42

Is that Niko I see? :obama:
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Feb 2023, 02:03

mvp wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 12:35
jeezy :bowdown:
chosenone58 wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 23:42
Is that Niko I see? :obama:
Jeezy... Niko... The bois haven't forgotten y'all Image

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Feb 2023, 14:16

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Feb 2023, 14:18

LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON PT.2: SECOND GENERATION

The 2035 NBA Draft had finally came and gone. And never had there been so much talent in one building before. 60 names were called up onto the draft board that could potentially be the future superstars of the NBA. Names like, Hugh Collin, Alex Stevenson, Carrick King Carter, Jeezy Hamilton, Vincent Paciani, Niko "Iron Man" Starks, and Jamarion "Lyric" Houston among others. But one name was called. Of the 60 draftees, Kairos Black name was not heard at all that night. And thus, the legacy of the undrafted continues...

[Downtown Phoenix]

"You got to let it go..."

After a unsuccessful night at the NBA draft, Tiny flown Kairos out to Phoenix to continue his training with some rec basketball at Tiny Gymenez, which also base for his agency office.

"You've been pumping iron all day and balling out, but you're sloppy today than yesterday. Your focus ain't all there. Draft night that much of a bother for you?"

"I know it's been weeks. But I've been preparing for that night my whole life. And just like that, I don't get called up. So where do I go from there?"

"You used that energy. Turn that negative to a positive. I get it. You wasn't drafted. Neither was Recks, or Khyri for that matter. And those two went on to be mega superstars in their own rights. Recks went on to win six championships, scoring 82 points. Khyri revolutionized the WNBA. Both immortalized on 2K covers."

"I know all that stuff, Tiny." Kairos interjected.

"Then you should also know that all good things comes to those who are patient, young blood. Greatness wasn't overnight, not even for me."

After grabbing two gatorades from the mini cooler, tossing one to Kairos, Tiny sat on his desk, taking a long look at his showcase of awards that sat on the wall next to him. "Listen... Let me tell you a story of three friends who made a promise that was never meant to be broken."

Kairos acutely tuned in his attention as he took a seat.

"Tiny Jimenez. O'Shae King. Derek Baldwin. Three friends who grew up together, tight as brothers can be. Went to the same grade schools. Went to the same college. St. Francis of NY. We were the Terriers known as "War Dogs". Soon as our college careers were over, we made a pact that no matter what happens in our life paths, we would never stray from each others as brothers... Eventually, we made it to the NBA. I was playing for the Washington Bullets, Derek was in Atlanta, and O'Shae was in Utah. Clearly, life had other plans for us, so the little time we got to spend together, we made the best of it."

"So, what happened? Sounds like a usual story of life."

"Well, time progressed. Derek was having a hell of a career in Atlanta. O'Shae's stock started to rise and fall. I couldn't carry Washington on my back no longer, so I left for Atlanta. And that's when things took a turn for the worse. Our friendship became a rivalry, then a outcast. Derek and I came to odds after he blown both his ACLs. His career was done. I took over in Atlanta for a spell. O'Shae was bottling out in Utah. He turned to alcohol just before meeting his apparent love of his life. Between the back and forth between me and Derek, we lost sight of O'Shae. I eventually left the NBA to pursue other dreams and aspirations."

"So, y'all had a fallen out." Kairos conveyed the assumption.

"More than just a fallen out. O'Shae couldn't overcome his alcohol addiction, so the NBA released him of his employment. After some years, O'Shae sobered up. There was this sobriety party and we was going in support. Derek and I rented a car and got on the road in Utah but a heavy storm came over and took us by surprised. One big argument between Derek and I in the car turned into a fatal accident. With how bad the rain was, there was an alert to stay off the road til the storm passed, but not all of us got the memo. O'Shae was the other driver..."

"... I'm sorry man..."

"We was told that O'Shae was heading back to the party with some supplies. As unfortunate it was, he didn't suffered."

Tiny takes a moment to him-self, collecting his thoughts and emotions.

"Since then, Derek and I haven't spoken. In the most turbulent times of our lives, life, fate, death, had brought us back together, just to tear us apart again. It took me years to find my-self again. But when I did, I made a promise to live twice the success for me and O'Shae. In a way, three times it, for Derek too. I love them both til this day... My brothers..."

Kairos sat in silence, not knowing what to say. Yet, still unaware where this story was taking him, leaving the burning question to be asked. "So what happened next?"

"I became the man you see before you. All that I've done, all that I've received, all that I do, and all that I've given, is the embodiment of Tiny Jimenez. The success I am is because of my brothers. And I wish I could share it with them. But... That's another lifetime. For now, I was given another task that I hold near and dear. You see that kid out there?"

Kairos takes a peek out the office window, watching a kid in a Ivan Frost Celtics' jersey shoot hoops with some other teenagers. "The one with the Frost jersey?"

"Good eye. You know who that is?"

"Yeah, that's Angelo. Was playing horse with him the other day. Kid got a wrist on him."

"That he does. You know what his last name is?"

"Nah, I don't think I ever asked." Kairos rebutted.

"That's O'Shae's boy. Angelo King..."

"Really? Seriously?"

"Yeah. That's my Godson. Been looking out for him and his mother ever since I got my life together. I made a promise to never let him down. I made sure he has the best care, him and his mother never needs for anything."

"Sounds like you've been paying a debt to O'Shae's family."

"Rightfully so. But I don't think of it as that anymore. In a way, O'Shae lives through Angelo. Just like his father when he was that age. It's almost like a second chance to keep that promise we first made."

"But without Derek..."

"Yeah... But the point I'm telling you is, redemption is a saving grace. When it comes, seize the day."

"Carpe Diem."

"You catch on quick."

"But still, I'm still undrafted, I'm still not signed to a team. I got to figure out my next step if basketball doesn't pan out."

"Like I said, all good things comes to those who are patient."

Just as Tiny finished that statement, his phone goes off, immediately taking the call.

"Tiny Jimenez... Yeah... Uh-uh... Awesome..."

As the call went on, Kairos stood up in front of the window watching Angelo ball out. For a 15-year-old kid, he had some serious handles and could shoot the ball from anywhere. Kind of like looking at Monta Ellis in the making in Golden State.

"Great, I'll relay it to him ASAP... You'll hear back from me within the hour... Talk soon..."

After Tiny finished his call, Tiny had this blank stare, fixated on Kairos as he caught his attention from his beaming eyes.

"So what's on the agenda today, Tiny?"

"Carpe Diem." Tiny retorted. "Courtesy of the Denver Nuggets."

"What? You joking here, right? Come on man, don't play like that."

"Does it look like I'm playing?" Tiny asked. "It's time to seize that redemption. That "good thing" came as you were patient enough. Your time is up here in Phoenix."

"Wait, wait, that was them on the line? But don't I have to sign papers or at least talk to them?"

"Talk? No need. You want in the league that bad, just go in there and: Seize. The. Day." Tiny put it firmly. "Besides, they have one spot open. They want to bring you in for the summer league games. Do well there, you may get a official spot on the team."

"So what's now? When can I start? Should I pack now?"

"Relax. You still got some time. Let it sink in and lets get back to your training. You'll be heading to Las Vegas for the summer league games. So lets get you in shape for that. Right now, call Khyri, give her the good news if you like."

"Yeah, should definitely start with that. I know she'll love to hear it about it."

"Absolutely. I told you. I pass, you shoot. Now it's up to you from here to put the work in."

"You're right about that. Thanks, Tiny. Thank you for taking a chance on me and believing in me. I owe you big time. I'm evermore thankful we did meet at Rice."

"Hey, you know my agent's finder fee, it's in the contract."

"Success." Kairos answered.

"My man. Now get out of here. Do your thing and we'll set up shop soon."

"You got it, boss. Thank you again, I won't let you down."

As Kairos grabbed his gatorade and sped out the office, Tiny looked out the window, percisely at Angelo. "I know you won't Kairos, just like I won't let you down, Angelo..."

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Feb 2023, 17:02

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 11 Feb 2023, 17:49

This new wave of stars definitely looks interesting.

:obama:
× A New Horizon ×
× Watching: X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023), Two in the Shadow (1967) ×

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Feb 2023, 23:44

kibaxx7 wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 17:49
This new wave of stars definitely looks interesting.

:obama:
Hopefully it plays out like '03 again

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 12 Feb 2023, 23:37

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 12 Feb 2023, 23:43