Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Jan 2022, 19:47

Topic author
The JZA

Last edited by The JZA on 17 Jan 2022, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Last edited by The JZA on 17 Jan 2022, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Jan 2022, 19:48

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Jan 2022, 19:50

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Jan 2022, 22:58

Man, I've missed so much since I last checked in.

Sparks still dominating.

Magic did his job bringing in D. Rose.

Almost time for Los Angeles to get some Frostbite.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

RoyalTy

Post by RoyalTy » 17 Jan 2022, 23:21

That end of season loss is just going to guarantee Blu & the Sparks are gonna be locked in for the postseason. Breanna Stewart might be the only competition

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Jan 2022, 23:49

chosenone58 wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 22:58
Man, I've missed so much since I last checked in.

Sparks still dominating.

Magic did his job bringing in D. Rose.

Almost time for Los Angeles to get some Frostbite.
You be AWOL fam lol

Sparks couldn't stop cooking once they got rolling. Few bumps here and there, but like you said, still dominating.

:blessed: The revitalizer that revitalized the revitalizer!! D. Rose made Recks' comeback possible, so it's only right Recks try to get him a ring. But this upcoming season looks to be a tough road out west.

Frostbitten, Greek Freak'd, served by the Butler, all that. Just when you think Recks was gonna have it easy with, they restacked the Pac Div. Gonna be an interesting season though.
RoyalTy wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 23:21
That end of season loss is just going to guarantee Blu & the Sparks are gonna be locked in for the postseason. Breanna Stewart might be the only competition
Oh, most definitely, I agree. But I wouldn't count out A'ja Wilson. They knocked the Sparks off while on a 8-game streak of their own, didn't learn that until after the fact.

There's also the Dream. They got Jonquel Jones & Jewell Loyd, Kobe's protege. Sparks loss to them too.They get over Breanna and Chicago, they might stand a big chance.

But if L.A. meet Las Vegas in the semi, then they gotta buckle down.

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 18 Jan 2022, 00:42

Not a single free throw missed in a season, that's huge.
× A New Horizon ×
× Watching: X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023), Two in the Shadow (1967) ×

mvp

Post by mvp » 18 Jan 2022, 08:56

The JZA wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:34
Agent wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 09:35
In that case, what’s the Pacers breakdown looking like for next season? Always gotta check up on my boys

edit: missed the article when I made my comment & just read it. Big brother Bron coming through yet again :lol2:
Pacers did so-so last season. They finished 41-41, held their own in the play-in tournament, but got spanked in 5 games of the 1st round.

That being said, Nikola Jokic is looking to opt out his player opt & line his pockets up after next season, so I see why they drafted a center this off-season.
mvp wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 09:54
I'm just curious about if there are any interesting rosters, players and their feats, or rebuilds going on worth mentioning. You're pretty deep and I love the Frost storyline, so I'd like to hear more stuff like that when it pops up.
There isn't TOO much going on. Some flip-flops, some do enough to remain the same. Can't go into too much detail cause a lot of change has happened outside of what's been posted. So let's begin.

Philadelphia 76ers
Much hasn't change in Philly after winning their 4th NBA title. Each passing season, the Sixers build a "great on paper" team, but tend to fall short of great.
Last season, they posted 32-50 record, third worst in the East.
Joel Embiid is still working off his 2022 extended contract that'll keep him there for the next two seasons.

Chicago Bulls
Chicago is going through some metamorphosis with their roster. The Ball & LaVine era. The Ball, LaVine, & Leonard era, to the Lonzo Ball & Devin Booker era.
After signing Devin Booker, Bulls traded Kawhi Leonard to Minnesota, they finished 24-58

Boston Celtics
Jayson Tatum is the sole leader of the Celtics team with Jaylen Brown gone, it's literally his team to build now.
Tatum was the only player last season to average 30 points per game (31.1 PPG), earning the scoring title.

Los Angeles Clippers
With Paul George finally out of L.A., think they're finally grounding some traction in their rebuild mode after landing Ivan Frost.
They got a very young "Big 3" assembled, and we'll just have to see how they fair. (Giving that I'm using Schnaidt's sliders w/ progressive & regressive sets, their roster looks like trash, but it effects the whole league, so it balances out)
Honestly, Clippers got some pieces if they wanted to put a suitable star next to Ivan Frost if they wanted to, but I doubt they'll go that route.

Memphis Grizzlies
Ja Morant just doing Ja Morant things. Steady growing into a superstar with Bradley Beal backing him.
Ja is constantly setting franchise records and breaking his own for new numbers. Currently, he set the record for most points in a game with 49 points and 15 assists for most assists in a playoff game.
But Ja is feeling torn about the next season. His contract is expiring but he has a player opt. We'll see how that sways later.

Atlanta Hawks
Trae Young, well, that story has been recorded on how he's taken over the eastern conference.
Trae dropped 71 points back in 2022 vs Recks Black & the Houston Rockets. That same night, he made franchise & league record for most three pointers in a game with 15, but that didn't stand the test of time.
Trae tied for most three pointers in a playoff game with 12 threes along with Damian Lillard, Jalen Green, and Luka Doncic.
Though going the distance in the Finals, Hawks blew the team up, but Trae got some boys with him.

Miami Heat
Heat will be in rebuild mode with Tyler Herro leading the way after next season. Bam Adebayo & Christian Wood already declared for FA on their expiring contracts.

Sacramento Kings
The Kings traded De'Aaron Fox to New York for Domantas Sabonis last season. Not a bad trade, but one that may bite them in the end.
During the recent draft, the Kings traded their 11th pick for Jimmy Butler & Spencer Dinwiddie. Not sleeping on Spencer, but one can only imagine how better the team would be with De'Aaron Fox.

New York Knicks

Still waiting...

Orlando Magic
For what it's worth mentioning, Orlando had a really deep roster over the last few seasons, but didn't make nothing of it.
Jalen Suggs has grown in to his own. Averaged his first 20ppg last season.
During the draft, the Magic got Klay Thompson in a trade, prompting a rebuild in San Francisco as the Curry-Green-Thompson era is officially over.

Dallas Mavericks
Much hasn't changed in Dallas after winning their 2nd NBA title. The team remained relatively young through the years.

Brooklyn Nets
The biggest shake up in NBA history was landing Anthony Davis back in 2024. With Anthony Davis on the team, the Nets had acquired their own Hydra, and the Kingslayer, Recks Black, was there to slay the four-headed monster in such fable story fashion.
Despite having Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, James Harden, & "post-covid" Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn has yet to win a title, much less contend for one.
Arguably the oldest team in the league, but also the most dangerous if they can win.

New Orleans Pelicans
Zion enters his contract year with a player option. Pelicans on pins and needles to know what'll happen next summer.

Toronto Raptors
Much like the Orlando Magic, they have a deep roster they're not doing anything with.
Unlike the Orlando Magic, they still have a deep roster to speak of.

Houston Rockets
Jalen Green, one of the top guys, nuff said.

San Antonio Spurs
Over the last two seasons, the Spurs became a middle-of-the-pack team. The play-in tournament really hurt their chances of securing that 8th seed.
Team is starting to age up, may have some valuable pieces to trade with if they act soon enough.

Phoenix Suns
With Devin Booker in Chicago, Deandre Ayton and Nate Roy (2022's #1 overall pick, Current OVR: 88) are the new twin towers in the Pacific Division.
Along with Ayton & Roy, Collin Sexton is there to helm point, rounding a "Big 3" of their own. They just need to win more.

Oklahoma City Thunder
Image Let's move on...

Minnesota Timberwolves
Anthony Edwards is the new face of Minny
Kawhi is starting to age, KAT will be 30 next season. Squad can still make a run for the playoffs though.

Portland Trail Blazers
Zach LaVine is trying to do something, or trying to finish what Damian Lillard couldn't before leaving for Cleveland. Bless his heart though.
LaVine rounded out to be a solid star in his career, but nothing more.
Portland haven't been in the playoffs since 2022. Not too far off, but a landslide since Dame is not there to carry them.

Washington Wizards
P.J. Washington has fallen ill to the Renner virus.
Washington is what Portland used to be, a development team just for players to get better and make it out of there alive, hopefully.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: This was beautiful