Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Jan 2022, 02:46

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Jan 2022, 04:55

RE-SIEGE THE THROWN

For the second night in the WNBA Finals series, the Sparks locker room was filled with silence as the girls made their way back, following another defeat at the hands of the Chicago Sky. Exhausted, frustrated, no one spoke to each other for a good moment or two until Khyri just had enough...

"So... That's it? We giving up just like that?" Khyri stood up, kicking the chair away and ripping the sweaty towel from her around her neck, gripping it in her fist. "We're really going to sit here and go out like scrubs? Like, what the fuck!"

The silence from the other teammates carried on as Khyri stirred with frustration. It was evident that she wasn't a fan of losing on the biggest stage of her career. She wasn't a sore loser, but she put three times as much the effort to get where she's at, to carry the team, to rising her stock as the face of the WNBA. Khyri saw herself as a representation of what women's basketball should be, exciting and flourishing. But even she had her limits, as tonight showed.

"We're the best damn team in the WNBA! 27-5 season, 14 wins at home, 13 wins on the road, and we're getting our asses kicked all up and down the court like we're the worst team ever. What's going on? We've beaten this team in the regular season, why not now???" Khyri went on...

"Marina, you've always been the one to take high efficient shots, you were 4 for 14 tonight? What happened? You've never been one to get outclassed by defense."

Marina had no response...

"Chantel, I love you girl, but get your head in the game and move your ass on defense! You're one of the best defenders that came into the league and you're getting bullied in the block! Have it ever occurred to you that when you lose down inside, we all lose?"

As Marina, Chantel had no response...

"Sky-"

"Woah, wait a minute now" Skylar interrupted. This is your team, I let you run it as you see fit, but I've been around here 12 years, you will not disrespect me."

"12 years and not a MVP or a championship to show for it, what makes you so special?"

"What!?" Skylar jumps out of her seat, getting into Khyri's face but Katie Lou and Candace were there to intervene. "You really need to check your-self with your nasty ass attitude! You acting all high and mighty, as if you ain't got no accountability either! You played like trash tonight too and here you are taking your frustration out on all of us. You ain't no god damn leader!"

"Fuck you!" Khyri shot at Skylar.

"Fuck you!" Skylar retorted.

"Come on now! Chill the hell out! The both of you!" Candace interjected. "Come on! We really going to do this now? Tonight wasn't just our night, but we can still get back into this."

"She's right", Katie Lou said. "We just need to figure out a new game plan defensively and make it work."

Khyri clinches her teeth as she rips away from Katie Lou. Looking around the room, she felt eyes peering onto her, yet nobody was really trying to look her in the eyes or get involved. Just keeping quiet.

"Look, I just want to win this series, we gotta do better! Like, y'all really gonna tell me that we're going to let Candace walk out of here without one more title!? Seriously?.."

"Hey Khyri, baby, look, I appreciate the sentiment, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. But don't let the game destroy what we all got right here. We're a team, but we're more than that. Y'all my girls, y'all like little sisters to me. Don't let this funk get the better of you, or any of us. We can win this series, and even if we don't, I love you guys and I've had the best time of my life coming back to L.A."

"I can drop this and forget about it as long as she don't try to bear her fangs this way again. Like I said, I won'd be disrespected", Skylar stated with a stern tone. She meant business.

"Alright, Khyri? Can you just drop it. I know it's frustrating, but don't mess up the chemistry we have. Only way we're going to win is to keep our cool and our focus. Are we good?" Candace asked.

".... Yeah, we're good..." Khyri, still frustrated, but she knew rationale was best to handle the commotion as they needed to focus on the next game.

"It's a good thing, you two made up so quickly. I had half the mind to suspend y'all for the next game." Coach Sue Bird stated as she made her presence.

"It's unfortunate that we're down two in the series, we should at least be tied up, but that's life and the way the ball bounces. But I will not tolerate any riffs in my locker room. All the greats from the past, Candace and my-self included, didn't build the league to where it's at for you two jackasses to be at each other's neck."

The team took heed of Coach Bird's words as she pressed on the resolving matter. It was true, the last thing they needed was a reason to not be a team while facing elimination.

"Listen, we lose, we lose together. Players, coaches, staff, all of us. But we want to win just as much as you guys do, that's why we're doing the best we can to make sure you all are at your best. Don't let the next game be our last. Quell the frustration, and use it as a source of energy to do better. If not, then we'll be looking at some roster changes this off-season."

Coach Bird lays down the law. Be it win or lose, it was do or die and she commanded the unity from her team. With game three on the horizon, all personal riffs were put aside, at least for now, as the primary goal was one more title for Candace Parker...

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Jan 2022, 05:07

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 23 Jan 2022, 12:30

Adversity? I'm with it :blessed:

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Jan 2022, 13:01

The JZA wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 12:36
Preciate it brother lol & Yeah, we still have yet to scratch the surface. I honestly feel like I've been slacking hardcore on this. But I'ma get right and see this for the long run.
We're all about the longevity my guy.

Skylar in the locker room like:

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

RoyalTy

Post by RoyalTy » 23 Jan 2022, 16:18

In Skylar's defense her numbers weren't half bad but Katie was definitely carrying and wasn't no one stopping Chicago defensively. Knew this was gonna be a series but wasn't expecting two losses in Staples

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 24 Jan 2022, 05:18

Captain Canada wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 12:30
Adversity? I'm with it :blessed:
Wouldn't be Hollywood if there was no drama :yup:

This is Khyri's real first adversity since trying to get signed to a team. Now that it's do or die and we've seen her be erratic before, it'll be interesting how she'll handle the situation.
chosenone58 wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 13:01
We're all about the longevity my guy.

Skylar in the locker room like:

Absolutely :yep: :yep: :yep: Sometimes I wanna pack it in and ball out with the Celtics, but this story been brewing for two years prior to the start, so I wanna see this little story through

lol Frustration has always been her greatest nemesis, always getting the better of her.
RoyalTy wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 16:18
In Skylar's defense her numbers weren't half bad but Katie was definitely carrying and wasn't no one stopping Chicago defensively. Knew this was gonna be a series but wasn't expecting two losses in Staples
Nah, they weren't but it's the biggest stage of the playoffs, Khyri ain't trying to hear no excuses lol

I honestly didn't expect Chicago to come out swinging like that. Personally, I hate losing lol But for the story's stake, it's exciting that a CPU team finally stepped up to be a challenge.

Breanna Jordan took me by surprise man. Her being the catalyst like this for the Sky in L.A. was big after that disappointing series with the Wings. With the Sparks backs against the wall, I wonder if they make a 2-0 comeback

mvp

Post by mvp » 24 Jan 2022, 09:21

Sky are no joke

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 24 Jan 2022, 10:32

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 24 Jan 2022, 10:33

mvp wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 09:21
Sky are no joke
Game one taught L.A. that :yep: Starting to wish the Dream had made the finals :obama: