Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Agent

Post by Agent » 29 Mar 2022, 21:28

Woah that court :shock:

I guess I haven’t been paying attention if I just noticed that. Looks sick as hell.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 09 Apr 2022, 16:26

NIGHTMARE TO REALITY

The All-Star Game was right around the corner. Recks Black was cleared to return to basketball and killed it against the Kings. Helping notch their 10th straight win, the Lakers were in good standings with the Clippers off their heels and seven games behind. Breathing room that much needed, but not so much at home...

For the last few weeks, Recks has been tossing and turning in his sleep. Short-term sleeps became sleepless nights. A figure in his past that he had thought to put to bed, lived rent free in his head. Who is it you asked? None of there than Erica...

With the night of the two replaying in his sleep countless times, Recks found him-self in a loop, escaping Erica's wrath til he finally jumped out of his sleep from the nightmare.

"Damn, this gotta stop..." Recks says to him-self. Looking at the clock, it was 20 minutes after 2 P.M. After freshening up and a long look in the mirror, Recks continued to think to him-self, (can't keep hiding this b.s. I messed up... I gotta tell her the truth.)

Recks makes his way downstairs to the kitchen, not seeing anyone except for the butler, Stephen, enjoying a cup of tea and what looked like a news article on a tablet.

"Sir Recks, good afternoon. You're finally up for the day."

"Hey Stephen, where's everyone at?"

"Lady Khyri and the little ones had stepped out to town with a friend of hers."

"Katie Lou came by?"

"No, it wasn't Katie. I don't believe the friend of hers' belong to any athletic program of sorts. They've been gone for quite some time, I must say. But never worry, I'm sure they'll return soon. Can I help you to a meal or beverage?"

"Nah, go ahead and relax for the meantime, I'll get it my-self... What's up with you man? What you reading up on?"

"Oh, nothing, just passing time with the local news."

"Come across anything interesting?"

"One in particular that may require your attention. I came across the sports section and saw Ivan Frost of the Los Angeles Clippers to headline the All-Star game as one of the captains, and he has selected you, Sir Recks, as one of the members of Team Frost."

After Recks poured him-self a glass of orange juice, he looked at the tablet, reading through the names of players on both teams for Captain Ivan Frost and Captain Cade Cunningham.

"[Sigh] Well, this should be interesting." Recks said to him-self.

"Something of the matter, sir?"

"This guy, Ivan Frost, has been ridiculous since he came into the league. Everyone's been talking about him, eating up the hype about him."

"Well, he is rather quite the athlete. His contributions are outstanding just for one Clippers player. But is there any particular reason why this character seems to get under your skin?"

"No, not really. It's just my competitive nature. I don't like losing and the last time we met, it was embarrassing. I got outplayed by 17 points and we lost by 11."

"Unfortunate, but you can't win them all." Stephen rebutted.

"Yeah, I know. There's media outlets talking about this may be his league now, that my era may short-lived and a thing of the past."

"That does sound troublesome, viewing it as negative criticism. But, what do you think sir? Do you think your presence in the league has been overinflated?"

Recks thought of the question for a moment, searching for an answer. "I don't know how to answer that honestly."

"Because there is no answer, Sir Recks. What matters most is that it does not matter. You are one of the best players currently in the NBA. Your team is currently at the top of the standings in the western conference, with the best record in the NBA. Hype and validation is obsolete when proof of contribution is substantial."

"Damn, didn't peg you much for a basketball head."

"You don't work for someone without doing your homework."

"True enough, but work with, not for. There's no hierarchy here. Your job is your job, but respect is all the same."

"Very well, Sir Recks. Allow me to graciously say, it's a pleasure working "with" you."

The two shook hands as Recks pats him on the shoulder before heading to the family room, tuning into ESPN to catch up sports news. Social media has been blowing up about Ivan Frost and Recks Black teamming up for the big exhibition. Often citing a future possibility of a duo. Recks thought nothing of it, allowing social media speculate.

It's been a couple hours, Recks has been chilling, watching TV as Sunday's meal was being prepared. Nearly forgetting, Recks needed to pack his bag for tomorrow's trip to Portland then Minnesota. Just as he got up, Khyri and the kids enters the home with the son of the triplets, Taurie, darting towards Recks as he picks him up.

"What's up baby boy! How's my boy? Hey kids, hey... Babe..."

Recks suddenly became speechless as he saw who followed Khyri inside. It was if that dream he had was an omen of things to come, as it was Erica. The two locked eyes, with both losing their smile just as quickly.

"Hey babe, sorry we've been out all day... You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Uh, uh, yeah, I'm good. Sorry. And who might this be? Friend of yours?"

That question was a insult to Erica, her subtle expression was noted by Recks as he tried to be discreet, so she figured she play along.

"Babe, this is Erica. I met her a few weeks back while you were on the road. I was looking to maybe make our house more homey and Erica here told me that one of her many trades is home makeover. She came by to see the place and gave me a few ideas to discuss over, so I figured I'd invite her to dinner tonight."

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm a big fan of yours."

"Oh yeah? Nice to meet you too. I'm Recks."

"I'm aware of you are. You sure aren't someone I couldn't miss, being a big NBA star you are."

"Oh, yeah, sorry. should've known better."

Erica gives Recks a look once over as if he should've known better. After a moment of tense weirdness, Khyri broke the ice asking Recks to tend to the guest as her and the kids step away to do away with the shopping bags they brought in. It was the last thing Recks wanted to do, much alone be left alone with her.

"So... This is your place? Nice. You're doing well for your-self."

"What are you doing here?"

"Exactly here with what Khyri said. Came to do a little... Decorating, if you will."

"Decorating... Why I get the hunch that this is some game you're playing. Seems like everywhere I'm at, you always seem to be not too far enough from me."

"Oh, don't be like that sweety. You definitely wasn't complaining, let alone wanting to be away from me when you were laying between my legs."

Recks waved off the notion, "Listen.. That was a mistake. Just a one night thing."

Erica slightly smiles as she pulled out her wallet, "What you call a mistake, was my blessing." Erica shows a picture of her new born son, Jemarrio. He was a splitting image of Recks. Recks' genes were too strong to deny any relations.

"So, this is your game? Come after my family's fortune and tear our home apart?" Recks insinuated.

"Please baby, I'm well off on my own. I just thought you'd want to know that there's someone else you're neglecting besides me."

Recks takes a step back, taking deep breaths, letting the unraveling news sink in that he now has fathered a fifth child.

"I can't do this right now." Recks quickly grabs his car key out of the ashtray it sat in and bolted out of the door, leaving Erica standing the door area with a satisfying look on her face."

Just as Recks left the premises, Khyri returns to the commotion.

"Erica, where's Recks?"

"He just left. Said something came up and he'd be back."

"That's weird, we're supposed to have dinner shortly."

"Oh, I'm sure he'll be back in time. How about we go over the panels in the meantime, yeah?"

It's been several hours, close to midnight to be exact. Recks had finally returned home. Seeing Khyri idling beyond the pool, looking over the city. Recks took a deep breath before heading over her way.

"Hey..."

"Where have you been?"

"I just had to get some fresh air."

"You mean to tell me, you couldn't just come out here and breathe all of this oxygen that you can get everywhere else in the world?"

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't be here."

"Why not? What's wrong with you? We had a guest over, a friend of mine, and you just leave by her-self? What's going on with you?" Khyri was hot, disappointed and couldn't be bothered with the behavior Recks had displayed.

"... There's something I need to tell you..."

The sincere sadness and distraught on Recks face had peaked Khyri's concern and curiosity to what he had to say. It was a truth that neither had dreamed of. But a truth that was uttered into the world, taking it's first breath. A truth that the "House of Black" had to live with...

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 09 Apr 2022, 16:58

Agent

Post by Agent » 09 Apr 2022, 21:04

Teaming up with Frost?? Nice twist. Might be easier to be his fan too :bowdown:

Recks messed up with the women. Might as well go have a shot at the bar with Tiny.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 10 Apr 2022, 00:43

Agent wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 21:04
Might be easier to be his fan too :bowdown:
You take that back damnit! You take that back! Image
Agent wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 21:04
Recks messed up with the women. Might as well go have a shot at the bar with Tiny.
As fate has it, it was always in the cards to reveal one's hand. How he plays them is up to him. But as of now, Recks did the right thing, telling the truth. We'll see how this unfolds.

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 10 Apr 2022, 10:47

The drama...... nice update
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 10 Apr 2022, 16:43

chosenone58 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:47
The drama...... nice update