Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 26 Jan 2022, 12:01

NORTH STAR (JEWELS): SEASON 3 FINALE

The Los Angeles Sparks have won the WNBA title against the Chicago Sky in a five-game series. After much needed rest, the victory parade went off later that week without a hitch. Surprisingly, there were a lot more people out to celebrate with the Sparks than ever before. All of the state of California's news media and those across the nation had a plugin for the Sparks in their sports segment. The WNBA was starting to catch fire and burn brighter as more people started to flock to the league as critics, fans, employees, those kind of the sort. Timing was perfect for L.A. With the Sparks successfully defending their title reign, it was now the Laker's turn the following week as the season tip-off was a few days away. But not everything was merry...

Later that night...

The Black & Blu family found themselves parlaying in the waiting room for hours at the Heart & Surgical hospital in Fresno. Filled with grief and disbelief at hearing the news upon their arrival. Khyri's parents had been in a accident. They were making their way back home from L.A. and was t-boned by a semi-truck. The impact was colossal that the car rolled six times before resting up-side down. Khyri's father was in critical condition, fighting for his life as the doctors worked on his severe injuries. Khyri's mother on the other hand, her life was claimed by the crash, as she was the driver. Shook to the bone and pale as a ghost, Khyri fell into her own world thinking nothing of her mother...

"Hey y'all..." Recks had came back from a coffee shop a couple blocks away, handing a couple off coffees and tea to his parents and Tia, Kairos had almond milk, per his request. "Seem like it's gonna be a long night. Doctor haven't came out to say anything while I was gone?"

"No, we're still here all in the dark. Just waiting and hoping", Pops said.

Recks squatted down before Khyri, looking at her, witnessing the state of pain and grief she's in, it was a blow to him. He could only imagine if she find out his little infidel adventure, how'd it effect her. Not to say that death and cheating was comparable, but to some effect, seeing your love one grieve is terrible.

"Hey babe, got you your favorite Nutrient shake on the way back. Not gonna force you to drink it, but would love for you to get something in your system."

No response from Khyri as she took the cold can sitting in a cup from Recks.

"Can't imagine how you're feeling. I'm really sorry about Mom, Khyri. You know I loved her as much as you do..."

Khyri proceeding to tuck her chin into her chest as Recks could see the tears flow down and drip off her cheeks. Recks quietly embraced her as she let go of the tears she pathetically failed to hold back as she wailed into jacket to muffle the noise.

It's been seven hours sitting in the waiting room. Tia was offered to stay with Recks' parents to help with the children. Kairos decided to stay with his parents, wanting to know what comes of his grandfather. It was at 4:32am, when finally, a surgeon came out. After telling the news, it would be another hour before they got to finally see Khyri's father. Khyri hurried as soon as she could to her father's side, trembling all the way. Seeing the horrid condition he was in, Khyri barely was able to keep her-self together as she grabbed his hand.

"Dad, I'm right here, daddy. I'm so glad you're okay", Khyri trembled her words from her lips.

"I'm so sorry bebita... It should have been me..."

"No Papi, don't speak like that. It shouldn't have been either you."

Khyri's father couldn't stop crying, almost becoming hysterical as Recks and Kairos sat on the other side of the room quietly, giving them space. Once he spotted them, he waved them over to be closer.

"Recks... Please, take care of my daughter. I don't care what happens, I want my daughter safe and happy."

"I know old man, and I will. She's in good hands with me, I promise you that."

"Thank you, Recks. Thank you. You are a good man."

Recks was kicking his-self in the ass internally after hearing those words. Falling to temptation and seduction to another woman when he had everything at home. It pained him to know he had to live with the secret than to disappoint those who think highly of him. After another hour or so, the room was quiet as the night with just the heart monitor sounding off. Normal heart pulses brought Recks in and out of his sleep, as well as the uncomfortable chair.

"No. No, no, no, no,no NO! NO!" Khyri shouted. Riddled with panic, trying to wake her father, Khyri frantically called help.

The loud ruckus immediately woke Recks and Kairos up. Recognizing the flat sound the heart monitor was giving, Recks quickly came to Khyri's side as they tried to push her out the room.

"What's going on? What's happening?"

"We need you guys to step out of the room and let us work, please", one of the nurses said. "We will do everything we can. But right now, I need you all outside the room and give the doctor some space."

Standing near the room as nurses rushed inside, all three could do nothing but worry. It felt like the longest ten minutes in anyone's life. After struggling and several attempts, everything ceased. Though it was muffled, it was crystal clear to Khyri when she heard the doctor call for time. Khyri dropped in Recks' arm, screaming and hollering as the relay of information hit Kairos in another wave. Her father was gone. And all Recks could do is embrace both of them as they cried.

Time: 11:11 A.M...

Agent

Post by Agent » 26 Jan 2022, 13:22

RIP to her parents. Tugging at the heart with that post.

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 26 Jan 2022, 14:04

Damn, what a dark twist.

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Jan 2022, 15:15

Sheesh.

That was heavy.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 26 Jan 2022, 17:12

Agent wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 13:22
RIP to her parents. Tugging at the heart with that post.
Captain Canada wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 14:04
Damn, what a dark twist.
chosenone58 wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:15
Sheesh.

That was heavy.
When life opens one door for you, it closes another on you. This is her growth.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 27 Jan 2022, 05:53

ALLIED FORCES: SEASON 4 PREMIERE

Monday, October 20, 2025. It's been a few days since the passing of Khyri's parents. The whole family was still reeling from the loss since it was just that Friday morning that everyone was having breakfast together before the Sparks' victory parade. Seeing all the smiles, hearing the laughter, feeling the joy among the family, it was a day Recks and Khyri would enjoy the most, but also the day they'll never forget. Khyri was no stranger to lost. Her Aunt Tia, once had a family of her own. Her son Luis and his father was gunned down in mistaken identity. Her daughter was still born. Though Tia puts on a brave face everyday, she's always seen with a drink, day or night. It was clear she was still battling the trauma, but she have looked over Khyri and Recks' kids like a owl in the night. For Recks though, leaving the family in Fresno and heading back to L.A. to prepare for the season opener in Phoenix, it left him no real time to grieve on his own as he burdening everyone else's. But early morning shoot arounds was always therapeutic for him...

Just as Recks entered the facility, he spotted two other guys shooting around as he heard commotion on his way in, it happened to be none other than LeBron James and Derrick Rose. Recks put his bag down and gave Derrick an extensive hug as well to LeBron.

"I heard the news you were in L.A., I couldn't believe it until I saw you with my own eyes."

"Heard y'all needed help carrying some trophies, figured I'd come and help", Derrick jokes. "It's good to see you man, how you holding up?"

"I'm aight man. It's just been a really rough few days with the fam."

"Yeah, we heard from Melo. You got our condolences", LeBron chimed.

"Thank you man, really means a lot to all of us. I was gonna stay in Fresno a few more days, but I got obligations to the team as well, can't let them down. What you guys doing here so early. Usually, no one is here til 5 A.M."

"Getting this old man back in shape, so he can pull his weight around here." LeBron tosses the ball to Derrick. "We got a big season coming up, especially with the Clippers wanting to spark a war for L.A., we need you on point too."

"Ain't gotta worry about me. But what's up with this "we" thing. Thought you was retired?" Recks asked.

"I am. Oh, I didn't tell you, did I? I'm the new assistant coach."

"What?!" Hearing that LeBron was on board with the Lakers left Recks flabbergasted.

"Yes, The King, has returned."

"Oh yeah? So has The Kingslayer."

"Well, you now answer to The King", LeBron sizes up Recks, towering him.

"Easy big fella. Don't want to make you recede that facade quicker than your hairline", Recks shot with a smug.

LeBron looks back at the confused Derrick Rose, "See, they always go for the hairline, they got nothing else on me."

"Whatever man, everyone knows between you and I, I'm the better player. Come on man, you left L.A. to go to Houston, you blew your back out."

"They say I lasted longer than you", LeBron snickers.

"Oh, you real funny."

"... So, nobody's gonna talk about how I lasted longer than both of y'all in Houston?" Rose interjected.

"Derrick, don't you got a practice to attend to?"

"Hey, don't get mad at me man, just stating facts."

Both LeBron and Recks looked at each other in disbelief of Derrick. "Truce?" Recks extended his hand.

"Truce. For now", LeBron proceeds to shake Recks' hand. "Alright, enough kidding around man, we got some sets to run."

"Hey, preciate it man. I should be feeling like crap right now due to family loss, but it was a good thing running into y'all here."

"No doubt bro, we're a team now. We here for each other", Derrick replied. "I know it still sits with you heavy on your heart, but we gotta focus. Take that negative and make something positive out of it. Do them proud."

"Yeah man, you're right. Damn, I still can't believe Magic really got you to sign with us."

"He made a offer I couldn't refuse. All is left is to win these chips. It's the least y'all two can help me do."

The three banded and bonded over training and conversation in between all morning long as more of the team came to join the session. Early camaraderie was in order with Recks still feeling the effects of his personal life taking a hit in honor of Khyri. The season tip-off is tomorrow and he needed his head right in Phoenix...

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 27 Jan 2022, 06:03

Agent

Post by Agent » 27 Jan 2022, 08:13

Bron might know a thing or two

mvp

Post by mvp » 27 Jan 2022, 09:10

Simons bout to do it