Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 31 Jul 2021, 14:05

Zion didn't do shit in that game, that was a narrow victory.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 31 Jul 2021, 20:49

chosenone58 wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 11:35
Close one against NOLA. B.I. was putting in that work.

Zion has to give more though. 5-10? No bueno.

But impressive game from Recks. You couldn't knock down one more FT for the 50-piece?
Ingram letting the Nola know who runs it there. Man was a problem all game long tbh. Knocking down three straight 3's to kick off the 4th qtr :obama:

Yo, put some 'speck on our defense lol We did all we could doubling him from time to time. After getting cooked in Brooklyn, I wasn't putting past Nola seeing how Brandon was living.

Wasn't expecting the game to be that high scoring. That scoring output just hit the ground running and told it's own story of the night. Gotta love it, but damn that was pressure lol
We'll save that 50 for another night. :hmm:
Captain Canada wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 14:05
Zion didn't do shit in that game, that was a narrow victory.
Had to lock Diesel Jr. up, wasn't gonna let him expose us on the block. Indeed it was. Didn't think I was gonna hit that stepback. Nickeil gave just enough room to get it off properly though.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 01 Aug 2021, 22:16

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 01 Aug 2021, 22:23

Last edited by The JZA on 02 Aug 2021, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 01 Aug 2021, 23:01

Nice win over Spida and the Jazz. He worked you though.

Y'all need to protect homecourt a little bit better, man.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Aug 2021, 06:16

chosenone58 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 23:01
Nice win over Spida and the Jazz. He worked you though.

Y'all need to protect homecourt a little bit better, man.
Oops! Got the sub-records backwards :troll: Fixed

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Aug 2021, 16:55

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Aug 2021, 18:28

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Aug 2021, 21:16

The JZA wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 06:16
Oops! Got the sub-records backwards :troll: Fixed
That's more like it!
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 04 Aug 2021, 13:08

FULL COURSE MEAL

Recks found him-self asleep after morning practice, drained and tired from the long season. He didn't believe at first of the rookie pacing, college season compared to the NBA, but reality has chin checked him with a dosage of facts. Recks was brought of his sleep to Clinton's soon to be fifth missed call...

"Yo..."

"Yo Recks, what's up?" Clinton almost sounding irritated. "Been calling all day, where you at bro?"

"I was sleep. Got in after practice and knocked out. What's good? Everything aight?"

"Yeah, I'm in town. Give me your spot and I'll come pick you up, let's roll out for a bit to eat."

"I am kinda hungry, aight. I'll text you the deets. Spot up in about a hour, let me hop in the shower and stuff."

"Aight fam, see you soon."

Recks hopped up stretching, feeling sore and sluggish, dragging himself to the bathroom. Checking his image in the mirror, he knew it was time to clean it up, with the facial and hair. After said hour, Recks met Clinton down out front of the entrance.

"What's good family?" Recks giving Clinton a dap and a bro-hug. "Ain't seen your ass in months, what you been up to?"

"You know me man, making moves always. Trying to be like you superstar."

"Nah, I'm trying to be like you playboy"

"Of course you'd want to. I'm Clinton Brown baby!" Clinton stunts jokingly.

"This guy" Recks retorted. "So, where we headed. More I woke up, more I got hungrier. All this delivery fast food on the road got me subdued a bit man, I need some real food."

"Aight, bet, I know the place I had passed by. We can rap on the way."

"The two pulled up at Melrose Diner, an all-american average joe-schmo locale right off Snyder Ave. Place didn't look busy at the current hour of 1 P.M., which was good for Recks. Recks understood the details fame comes with, and he's been no stranger of the spotlight on the court and social media as he's been buzzing."

"Melrose Diner... *Takes a whiff out the outside aroma* Can smell the food from outside!!" Recks said with excitement.

"I hear they serve the best food in South Philly, may as well put them through their paces."

"Indeed brother, indeed."

The two young men sat at the far in of the diner, trying to remain secluded, but a few people acknowledge Recks and asked for autographs. It's like people had a nose for celebrities. The boys sat and talked as they tore into a couple of cheesesteaks and chicken parmigiana. Recks had revealed the big news to Clinton about Khyri.

"Yo man! Get out of here! For real! You and Khyri!?!?" Clinton sounded all too happy about hearing the news from Recks.

"Yeah man. Found out awhile back while I was at practice."

"Aight, well, congratulations bro! You should be happy."

"I mean, I am Clinton, don't get me wrong on that. My boy Kairos is going to have a little brother or sister and have some responsibilities being big brother and what not, but all this was unexpected, unplanned."

"Oh, I see. So how's Khyri's taking it?" Clinton inquired.

"I honestly haven't spoken to her since she told me. Texted a few times here and there, but nothing substantial. I can only imagine that she's a wreck right now trying to figure shit out. I hate to see it this way, but I probably costed her her career." Recks backed away from his plate, looking out the window, feeling a bit of guilt for not being sexually responsible.

"This is also true, but don't look at it like that right now bro. You gotta talk to her and see where she's at. Gotta talk to her bro."

"Yeah, I know man. I honestly don't know what to say though."

"Your parents know?"

"Yeah. Her parents too. Strangely, they all seemed happy about it but taken back by it."

"Facts. Well, all I can say is, talk to her man. See where her head is at, definitely see how's shes holding up. See if she even wants to keep the baby or not."

"Wait, you think she'd get an abortion?" Recks asked with full attention.

"I mean, it's possible. She's young, she got her dream career, all this success is hitting her right away, blah, blah, blah. There's a possibility that she may want to postpone being a mom. All, I'm saying is, females are a wild card, so expect spontaneous combustions from time to time."

"I hear you man. I not afraid to step up and be a father and family man and stuff. I'm not in the position. You see where I'm at. I'm in a hotel, working this one year contract, saving up all money I can until I'm getting that big deal."

"I hear you bro, but that's none of your concern. Do you understand where you're sitting in your rookie season right now? Look at you right now bro, you're trying to be inconspicuous to not draw attention to you. Statistics shows you're a top 3 rookie and top 10-15 player throughout the NBA. People are talking about you. If Philly is stupid enough to not offer you a bigger contract, then another team will. You can bank on that bro... Like, dude, come on, look, blogs out there talking about you taking home the ROY and MVP title this season."

"Ahhh, I don't follow into all that hype." Recks waves off the blog talk. "I focus on the team and what's going on on the court."

"Okay, and that's good, but you can't deny what everyone is talking about. Teams were stupid to undermine you at the draft and you showed out during the summer games and now you're blowing up in the NBA season. Teams. Are. Watching. You... And they going to continue to look at you until you sign that new contract."

"Yeah, that's if my knee doesn't give out on-"

"Ahh ahh! Don't you dare Recks!" Clinton cutting off Recks before he could finish. Clinton knew Recks can be doubtful at times and wasn't going to allow him to be this time. "Kick that negativity to the curb and focus. Bro, I understand it's been a year now since that incident, but look at you. You good money. You out there flaming and torching these guys on the court."

"Yeah, cause the adrenaline be pumping. I'm not being negative about it, just realistic. I came into this fully understanding how a injury could possibly end and take everything from me. I'm doing the best I can to stay healthy bro. You know how hard I push my-self, and I try to scale it back, but it's not in me."

Clinton couldn't help but crack a smile on his face. "What you smiling about?" Recks followed.

"Nah man, just hearing you humble but hungry, it's admirable. It amazes me how USC didn't get a championship out of you."

"Not only that, my dumb ass told Joel that we're winning a title this year!" Recks said quietly enough for no one else to hear.

"Y'all looking like it. Y'all playing strong fam. well over .500. Why can't you?"

"Regular season don't win championships, Clinton."

"But they do build them to contend for them" Clinton rebutted.

"Touche. I can agree to that, but we all know real basketball don't start until the post season. This grind is nothing but an exhausting excuse for corporate to make their money.

"Here we go, Recks about to be an activist next!" Clinton jokes.

"Nah, I'm just saying, we know how it rolls. I like to get paid playing, but I'm all in for the sport. The game, the accomplishments. You, my son and dad were the ones to get me play basketball again."

"Nah, we didn't make you, you made that decision on your own. We just showed you the way cause you know in your heart this is where you belong. Bottom line is this, Recks: You're in a good place right now, don't fuck it up. You got the basketball back in your hands, jersey on your back that you can hang up in the rafters one day. Got Kairos to set the bar for and another one on the way. Get your money up for the summer with your play. Don't worry about nothing except basketball. You gonna handle this. But today, all I need for you to do is to call Khyri and have that talk with her."

"Aight, C, I will."

"Bet bro, we done here? Food was slamming."

"Yeah, we good here."

Clinton waves for the tables check as the two parlay. As much as Recks ate, he still had more on his plate. Khyri, the kid, family back home, the season as it approach it's halfway mark, not to mention the offseason. It's an eventful year for the young rook, but he couldn't let it weigh him down. Just has to shake the cobbwebbs and keep grinding...