Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 05 May 2023, 23:09

Khyri taking it to the rack!

This Jazz-Thunder series tho :obama:
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 May 2023, 16:42

chosenone58 wrote:
05 May 2023, 23:09
Khyri taking it to the rack!

This Jazz-Thunder series tho :obama:
Her athleticism is still there, aging like fine wine

It's do or die. Gonna need the bois to not mess around in the first quarter like they did last game

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 May 2023, 18:18

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 May 2023, 19:43

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 May 2023, 21:08

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 May 2023, 21:08

Agent

Post by Agent » 07 May 2023, 12:02

How does his rookie season accolades compare to his old mans?

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 May 2023, 13:38

HEART OF THE CITY PT.1

For the Utah Jazz, it was the end of the line. After a very successful regular season, finishing with the best record in the western conference, earning the #1 seed, it was thought the Jazz could make it to the conference finals, at the least. But the Oklahoma City Thunder had other plans, routing the team in 6 games as some of the analysts predicted. With their run over, all was left was to face the music, one last time. Kairos made his way into the conference room, a room full of reporters on tonight's game quietly waiting for the proceeds to begin. After looking around, giving all eyes were on him, he takes his seat in the middle between De'Aaron Fox and Ron Holland...

"First question to Black. You guys had a tough game tonight, but you were absent in the first half. Care to speak on what was going through your mind then?" a reporter in the first row asked.

"Nothing, to be frank. It was a lot of basketball left to be played, and I was just trying to stay stress free mentally and keep on my assignment. Unfortunately, things didn't pan out."

"But it was a game six, a "do or die" scenario, don't you think you should have been more inclusive?"

"Absolutely. In hindsight, my team needed me when I wasn't producing the most and I feel like I let them down big time. But the game was there, Bryce and those boys were just on it tonight, they bested us."

"Uh, this one is for Ron, you've been sidelined for the majority of the team's run in the playoffs. Do you think your absence played a big part in the team's chemistry?"

"Oh yeah, big time, but I think that would go for any of us, not just me. We're still missing Hammond. It goes from the games, all the way back to practice. Every step of the way, from chemistry to bonding, having that tandem with your teammates, it goes a long way on us getting game nights done right. I think those 15-20 points they can rely on me for took it's toll, but we had a very depth bench for others to step up and prove, and they did just that. But losing one of us can throw a wrench in any line-up. And I'm not going to hold you, sitting on the bench watching this guy here, Kairos, go all out, it lit a fire in me to get back out there soon, just not soon enough as I had hope."

"Kairos, another question. You just finished your first post-season as a rookie. What was the state of mind you were in? Any added pressure? I guess there's been plenty talks about you living up to your late father's standards, but what was it for you?"

"Man, it was simply a blast. And you know, there wasn't any pressure of the sort for me. I was just taking it one game at a time, just like in the regular season. Getting trade to Utah, I didn't think we'd gel so quickly to put on a incredible run, playing our best to win out in the west. But if there was any pressure, it may have been from my-self, but nobody from the staff, the team, came to me, putting me in a bind. I think they understood that I wasn't the "star player" of the team, and looked at me as a piece in a well oiled machine. One greased the other. So, no, I don't think there was any pressure to live up to my Dad."

"Hey Fox, this one is for you. There were times through your playoff run that you were simply cold in stretches more often than not. How did you stay in the game to keep the team winning?"

"Doing all the other things, simply put. I'm 38 years old, I know my skills isn't what it used to be when I was 24, 25, but if I can help the team in anyway, I'm all for it."

"How does it feel to play alongside the son of the man who defeated you in the finals back when you were in Sacramento? No vendettas in play?" the reporter jested.

"Nah man, this my little brother here. What me and Recks had during that time was magic. And being able to run with the next generation was an honor, for real. We had such a good time from the get-go. Seeing him grow this quickly, I'ma say it now, the league better look out."

"Fox, you said you're 38, most guys begin to retire around 36-38, where do you stand on next season?"

"That's a conversation between me and my team. Right now, I don't have an answer for the media just yet. You guys will know soon enough."

"Kairos, with tonight's game ending your season, your contract is up, you're a free agent now. What's your next move? Plan to return or go elsewhere?"

"Like De'Aaron said, that's a conversation amongst me and the team. I guess when the time's right, you guys will know. As of for that conversation, it starts in the front office, not here. So I got nothing for you guys, sorry. But I think that's all the time I have for now. I appreciate y'all..."

Kairos uprooted from his seat and vacated the room. Leaning on the wall next to the conference door, watching people walk by, staring into space it-self, the question the reporter asked really drove home to him, what is going to do?...

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 May 2023, 13:45

Agent wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:02
How does his rookie season accolades compare to his old mans?
So far from what we know, Kairos is won ROY, 1st Team All-Rookie, 1st Team All-Defense, 3rd Team All-NBA & a "pseudo" All-star. Kairos wasn't supposed to make the All-Star Weekend, but filled in for someone who was injured or still injured by the time the weekend came around. But, no ring for the rook :shrug: His old man will always hold that on him

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 May 2023, 15:14