Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 21 Oct 2021, 19:37

BLUE MAGIC
[SEASON TWO FINALE]

"What's good everybody! Welcome to another episode of, "What's in Your Glass?". As you know, I am your host, Carmelo Anthony. First and foremost, I got to introduce today's guest. She is without question, the fastest growing decorated and popular WNBA player. She is the 2024 WNBA champion, MVP, Finals MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, all-star, 1st team all-WNBA and defense, scoring champion, assists and steals leader... Whew, did I miss anything?

Khyri cheeses hard without any efforts to contain her smile, "no, I think that's all of them, oh wait! Two-time WNBA champion!"

"Excuse me then, "two-time WNBA champion", Ms. Khyri Blu!"

"Thank you for having me on your show, that already made it awesome for me", Khyri giggles.

"Thank you, thank you, you know, I try to give all my guests their flowers for their incredible work. So um, yeah, Khyri, what's good? What are you drinking tonight?

"Um, I'm going in a little light today. My man bought us some Santero Moscato & Coconut, and you know, I'm actually feeling this one of the many flavors I had before!"

"Your man huh? You heard that fellas? Khyri is off limits. Shoot your shot, you'll miss 100% of the time."

"Yup, let that be known", Khyri laughs a bit with Carmelo.

"I think the basketball fans know who you're dealing with. He's a charismatic dude, very, very talented and gifted ball player. I helped him win his first NBA championship, or he'll say that he helped me, but the story is the story, only thing matters is we got rings [laughs]. But um, y'all already know him, a great friend of mine and now he's a player I will soon coach, none other than Recks Black."

"Shout out to Recks!! We love you!! [kisses]"

"Alright, alright, enough of the lovey dovey stuff, let's go ahead and dig into it. First of all, congratulations for the incredible season, with the Sparks, like wow. Everything you accomplished in a season, and to top it off with a WNBA title. That got to feel great for you. Tell us a little bit going into that season for you."

"Thank you Melo, It's just such a incredible feeling. I have no words to explain how great it felt to be in that atmosphere all throughout the season. But um, coming back to the WNBA, it was really challenging for me. You know, after having triplets, shout outs to Taurie, Zhuri, and Zarya! But after having them, I was so into building a home than getting ready to come back to the WNBA. And to be honest, I didn't think I would return because I was falling so in love with being a mom."

"That's incredible. It's like no matter what you're doing on this earth, the job of a mother is by far the most selfless, sacrificing, relentless, and rewarding job in the world."

"Right, right. But with Recks hurting his knee again, he had the time to stay at home, be with the kids. And he enjoys bonding with them so much. And one night, we talked about me going back to play basketball and we made it happen."

"And it's crazy, cause, it's your sophomore season in a four-year time span."

"Yeah, now that you get to sit down and let it rewind in your head, it's crazy. Just thinking about it, like the what ifs and could've beens. I hate to sit here and think on it, but back when I was running with my idol, Sue Bird, shout out to Sue and Megan, love you guys! Sorry, like I was saying, when I was with her, I think we could've started a dynasty with that roster. Katie Lou, Breanna, Jewell, Mercedes, all the girls that I'm honored to share that WNBA title season with. Could've been special."

"Yeah, life kind of string you one way and then to another. It has it's funny ways of doing this. But here you are, once again champion."

"Yessss!!"

Carmelo and Khyri toast and takes a drink before continuing their interview.

"Speaking of which, um, you and Katie Lou Samuelson. Y'all teamed back up in L.A. after winning a title in Seattle. It's safe to say that there's chemistry there as a duo?"

"Absolutely. Kate is my girl! I love her to death and back, she was a major part of coming back to the league. Playing with her, a elite sharpshooter of her caliber, it's just amazing. Besides, that's my best friend. Way more than just chemistry. She's been my A1 since day one."

"That's what's up. It's always good to have that good sound camaraderie with someone in the league, even better with someone in the same locker that you see day in and day out."

"Absolutely Melo, and to be frank, I don't think I would have a shot to help the Sparks win a title."

"Well, there is Candace Parker. She came back to L.A. to win another title."

"Yeah, and you're right. I'm not down playing Candace at all. That's my girl too, I got nothing but respect for her, she one of the few to do it all in the WNBA. But for me, it was the first year there with everyone. Not like I was just coming in to a team like the Seattle Storm where everyone was already gelling. Having Katie there, it made that transaction much more easier."

"Aight, aight, I get you. Having that familiarity there, yeah. Was like when my guy J.R. came to New York. I feel that. So, another question. Earlier this year, you set the bar with a statement to the WNBA. Not only them, but to the future WNBA players as well. Wanting everyone to step their game up, play harder, and what not. Fast forward to this time now. Do you sit back and think the message was perceived correctly?"

"Yeah, I sit back on from time to time. You know, I love the WNBA. I don't want to play anywhere else but here. It's the best of the best. women from all over the world comes here to shine. So many great talents have came and gone through the WNBA, but in a way, the league, it's players, there not being reciprocated with that level of respect and revenue. And before you get started, I understand that quality productivity equals higher revenue for us all. My only aim out of all of this is for the fans to tune in and bring in more fans. I want the world to see that we're greater than the rumors, than the slanders, than the jokes and memes."

"I feel you, I respect that. You advocating for the current generation and next generation. But, there's some noise in the league saying they're not feeling the whole.. Um, shake up, if you will. Some of them like how things are today. You got anything to say to that?"

"All I can say is that I'm a next-gen girl living in a current-gen world", Khyri bursts out laughing.

"Yo, I'm not gonna even hold you, that's bars, for real. So, you said you have three kids?"

"Four to be exact, Recks' son sees me his fourth, but yes, I birthed a boy and two girls."

"Dope, you guys sitting on possibly the next generations already."

"Yeah, Kairos wants to be like his Dad, so his aspirations is to make it in the NBA one day, hopefully while Recks is active."

"Ah, I see. He want in so he can dunk on his old man for all the hard times he gave him!" Carmelo jokes as the two laugh about it. "Alright, so where do you see this ideal dream of yours of the WNBA for the future?"

"Lets keep it realistic, I don't see it matching the NBA anytime soon, but if we can bring the league up to a standard where it turns heads to watch and enjoy our summer sporting events and not be a afterthought, that'd be excellent. At least the future will have a launch pad set for them to skyrocket."

"That sounds amazing. And I for one, I can get behind that and support that goal. At the end of the day, it's all about that bottom dollar for most companies and business."

"Right, but we can't get that until we be better and do better. Money is by far the last on the goals, cause I need the league to show up and show out with me. Soon as the NBA playoffs are done, I want us to be the talk of the world, hell, even while the playoffs are happening. Like, all this complaining how teams are getting ran out of their own stadiums for other events and whatever, we can't just complain and give the same product. We got to get off our asses, get in the gym, run them sets on the court and ball out. Give the fans something better to come back for. And if I got to go out there and give them five dunks, 40-50 points a night, then so be it."

"Yeah, you definitely about that life. That's real respect."

"Thanks. And a few girls feel the same way that it's time for a change. I got the President of the WNBA, Nneka Ogwumike supporting the ideal. You see the Las Vegas Aces giving us hell, Jonquel stepped it up this year. So there's a few of us straggling about spreading the cause, just need the rest to step up so the future is our competition before they're out replacers.

"Def, def. You know I'm all about progress and change. Seeing justice for all of our causes, but especially the WNBA as a counterpart. I'm happy to hear from someone that's so passionate about the sport and the direction to point the WNBA. Big ups to you for that."

"Thank you! Thank you! Means a lot to me. I just want to see that game I love be at it's best."

"Cool, so Khyri. I got one last big question for you. And I think you know what I'm going to ask."

"Oh boy [laughs] Alright, I think I do. Lets go."

"Okay, news been swirling around that you may retire this year. What's the story? Do we hang the jersey up or are there more rings to be claimed?"

"Well, I thought about it some more after the season wrapped up. Giving how I played, how everyone designed a winning campaigned around all of us. I really contemplated it for my kids. I extremely love being home with the kids, I love being a mom. There's no feeling greater than that. And, I made a few promises that I would tell who first, second, and third, but I'm going to break those promises and tell everyone right here and now."

"Oh! Oh! We got breaking news on "What's in Your Glass?" Ladies and gentlemen, it only happens here on this fast-growing podcast. Without further adieu, we hand it back over to Khyri Blu with the announcement."

Khyri uncontrollably smiles for a moment, "Okay, so. I'm here today to announce that I, Khyri Blu, of the Los Angeles Sparks, will remain active in the WNBA. I will not retire no time soon."

"And there it is. Can we get a toast to that?"

"Yes we can. Cheers." The two takes another drink.

"That was fantastic, this was fantastic, and arguably one of my personal favorite episodes on this podcast. Well Khyri, before we close out, I wanna say thank you for being here, thank you for joining us, as well as to the fans tuning in. It's been a very indulging conversation and like I said before, I'm glad there's someone as passionate as you about the WNBA. So I wanna wish you the best on that venture."

"Thank you for having me, many blessings to you and podcast crew!"

"We appreciate that. Okay, ladies and gentlemen, I'm your host Carmelo Anthony, and this has been another episode of "What's in Your Glass?". We'll see you next time. Oh, and Khyri, tell Recks to have his butt at practice tomorrow."

"I will" Khyri says as she chuckles. "I'll have him there bright and early. Byee!"

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 21 Oct 2021, 20:30

Agent

Post by Agent » 22 Oct 2021, 01:22

Very dope playlist idea for the chise. Glad Khyri's staying in the league. Gives Recks some accolade competition. His ol lady!

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 22 Oct 2021, 01:41

Agent wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 01:22
Very dope playlist idea for the chise. Glad Khyri's staying in the league. Gives Recks some accolade competition. His ol lady!
Preciate it. Thought it be pretty neat to share some of the tone to the chapters. When comparing the two, Khyri holding down the lead in the race. Both being 2-time champions, she definitely accomplished more as an overall competitor.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Oct 2021, 23:04

BLACK HOLLYWOOD
UNDRAFTED: UNDERRATED X UNDERESTIMATED [SEASON 3]

Los Angeles, California, October 22nd, 2024. Life has been never busy under the lights that shines bright in the pacific. The media, the paparazzi, the TV drama queens, the ballers, the move makers, all the way up the power chain to the CEOs, life in L.A. was hectic. But for Recks, who sat in his car, enjoying an early sunset couldn't be in a better space to soak it all in. Being a born New Yorker, that energy was already in his blood. Fresno was just the stomping grounds to make noise in. Being blessed to play at some of the best college and NBA arenas across the nation, cutting your teeth at the Staples Center was going to be a special milestone for Recks...

The phone rings a couple times before Recks answered. "Yo, Mr. Black, where you at? I'm in the area."

"I'm right here across the street", Recks flickers his headlines, signaling his location."

As the figure approached the car, Recks proceeds to exit the vehicle. "Mr. Evan Mobley, good to see you."

"Good to see you too Mr. Black, but man, this is a sweet ass ride!"

"I appreciate it."

"Appreciate it? I really hope so. I see you out here working with this 2022 Mercedes G Wagon G63 Hofele Limited, G Class AMG"

"I see you still know your cars."

"Man, I've been trying to get my hands on one. How you get one?"

"My agent put me on. You make money for people and they help you shake hands with other. And you not going to find this one on any public lot anymore. Last I heard, this was one of the last 3 that was sold from the buyer I got it from."

"Shit... How much?"

"... $650"

"$650 thousand???"

"Yeah man. This the family car. My kids ride in style."

"Wow, I can imagine what your personal whip is."

"Oh, the best has yet to come. But enough of cars, you look good man, how you been?"

"I've been excellent man. Been doing much more than basketball when I last got hurt. Been dabbling in some realty. Buying some property, flipping some property. Doing what I can, small things."

"Small things.. Man flips pieces of value sitting on earth, and calls it small things."

"Shit, I'm trying to be like you Mr. Hollywood", Evan jokes.

"Hey, that's Mr. Black Hollywood", Recks sarcastically replies. "I'm trying to get like you Mr. Real Estate. You the one out there doing the thing."

"I'm trying to do what I can with this rookie contract."

"I hear that, you in your last year right?"

"Yup. I'm already anticipating next summer."

"You looking to move elsewhere?"

"Nah, not really, but I can't say that I won't. A man has options. May have to upgrade my agent so I can be riding clean like you fam."

"Sounds like a move you should make if that money don't look right next summer. You gotta put that work in though. This year gotta be maximum effort, take that from rookie me in Philly."

"Oh, facts, facts! Wise words to listen to. I definitely watched what you did out there, you crushed it like crazy for that one mill. Now look at you, "Mr. Kingslayer aka $100 Mill Deal"" Recks began to dust off his Off-White tracksuit as he laughed with Evan.

"So, tell me Recks, how are you? You ready for the season tomorrow?"

"Ready? More than ready. It's been 22 months since I last wore a uniform and stepped on a hardwood. Question is, who's ready to get slayed?"

"Cocky as usual, but I love it though. Seeing your eyes dance during pre-game back at USC used to get me fired up. Love that energy man, that passion. You definitely a real one that all about basketball and not out here for the money."

"Most indeed, man. It's never about the money. I tossed my whole second-year contract in Houston just to get my-self right."

"Yeah, I heard. And what's the results? Thank you can hang with me?" Evan softly punches Recks' arm.

"Oh, you'll find out tomorrow. Just wait and see when I embarrass you and OKC in front of the world."

"Oh, it's like that?"

"Yeah, it's been like that. You my road dog and all, we went to war together, and I hope one day we can do it again. We went to war against each other in our rookie year for the ROY title. Ain't no different now. You my enemy for 48 minutes, your ass is grass!"

The two couldn't help but smile and laugh, enjoying the scenery as they talked for a couple hours. For the two young friends, time stood still for the moment as life was a blur while chasing their dreams. Tomorrow night was the debut of the 78th NBA season. And the goal was clear for Recks. When the clock struck 12 Midnight, it was title hunt season in Black Hollywood...

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Oct 2021, 23:21

And we are back for S3! I like how you laid the playlist out for us. Every once in a while I'd catch a song title.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Oct 2021, 23:54

chosenone58 wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 23:21
And we are back for S3! I like how you laid the playlist out for us. Every once in a while I'd catch a song title.
We back fam! I actually wanted to wait a couple weeks and reset, but I can grind another season out :yup:

Preciate it brother man. I'm not much of a main stream listener, but hopefully you enjoy the playlist in full. We cookin' with "SZN III"

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Oct 2021, 23:57

Last edited by The JZA on 24 Oct 2021, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 24 Oct 2021, 00:05

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 24 Oct 2021, 01:44

Jordan x Mamba?

Shoe game wavy
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd