Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 May 2023, 15:08

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 May 2023, 15:08

mvp wrote:
11 May 2023, 14:43
danggg 3-for-33 from those three scrubs :dunkface:
Gonna be a looooong season

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 May 2023, 18:36

mvp

Post by mvp » 12 May 2023, 09:47

that help D :kghah:

the gif is it tho :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 12 May 2023, 11:09

mvp wrote:
12 May 2023, 09:47
that help D :kghah:

the gif is it tho :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Could've clamped down twice but that spin wash had them dizzy lol

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 12 May 2023, 11:18

mvp

Post by mvp » 12 May 2023, 11:58

oooh that gfx is :fire: :fire: :fire: oohwee

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 12 May 2023, 16:17

HEART OF THE CITY PT.2

Summer was around the corner, and for some people, their job's granted them an early summer vacation. Kairos was one of those employees. After an exit in the semi-finals against the OKC Thunder, Kairos first obligation was to head to the new manor in Nashville and spend time with his family. Although he basically had extensive time to stay, his visit lasted only a week as he was called back to Utah by Coach Jodie. Kairos arrived at the Dodo Restaurant as requested for the meet up location. Soon as he walked in, De'Aaron spots and waves him over...

"Hey Coach? What's up bro? Coach called you here too?"

"More like, we called you to meet us here." De'Aaron responded after giving Kairos dap and a hug.

"Okay, some kind of intervention or something? What's going on?" Kairos asked while taking a seat.

"No, nothing of the sort." Coach Jodie replied. "Just wanted to have some face to face with you, thank you for making time to see us by the way. You got cleared of Utah after the elimination, was worried about you since we haven't heard from you."

"Oh, sorry, I was just "home-sick" you can say. Though I've never been to the new home until recently, just being out here with no family can be lonely sometimes."

"No, worries, I get it. I'm glad that's just that."

"Yeah, thanks, so what's up. How you guys doing?"

"I'm fine. Just a lot of office work, a lot over conversations over the last few days. Trying to shape up for the upcoming off season." Jordie answered.

"I'm good man, in a happy space. Couldn't ask for much more." De'Aaron answered next.

"Man, we should still be out there balling. Sucks that we lost like that."

"Can't win them all, kid. That's something you're going to have to learn and understand. Look at Ivan Frost, man has been destroying the league for over 10 years, but is only a 3-time champion. He may be selling merch, getting sponsors and other stuff like crazy, but he's no Superman."

"I hear you, D. We'll get after it next season. Lets run it back and do what we got to do to push harder into the post-season." Kairos sounded off like a surefire plan was pudding proof.

"Well, it's not that easy as you think, Kairos." Coach Jodie interjected.

"What you mean?"

De'Aaron took a momentary stare in Kairos' eyes before delivering the news. "effective immediately, I'm retiring as of today. As of now, you two are the first know."

"Word..? Seriously?" Kairos asked. De'Aaron replied with a silent nod, confirming what he disclosed.

Kairos sat back in his seat, hearing of the news, mulling it over in his head. "I guess... Congratulations are in order my man. I'm honestly sad to see you go so soon, but I'm very grateful for the year we played together."

"I appreciate that fam. It ain't the last you seen of me. We're boys, I'ma pull up to games, we gone hit the gym, ball out on 2K and get beat by me as usual." De'Aaron laughed. "I just can't take the grind no more. My body is calling it for me."

"I hear you man, but yeah, that's cool. But you might want to check your win-loss record, if I recall, I got you by 2 games."

The table quiet down as a waitress appeared with dishes, placing one and another before Coach Jodie and De'Aaron Fox. "Would you like a menu and see what you'd like to order, Sir?"

"Oh, no thank you, I'll just have a glass of water with a lemon, if you don't mind."

"Sure!" The waitress smiles gleefully at Kairos before she leaves to fetch the order. Coach Jodie adverted her eyes to Kairos, giving him "the look".

"Hey, don't look at me, I don't know her."

"Mhm, just like that girl you ran into at your birthday party."

"Hey, come on, chill. Let that one slide, Coach."

"I may not be your mother or auntie, but heed my advice, be wary of who you let have access to you. Especially these girls these days."

"Trust me, my mom pounded that in my head all throughout high school and college. I want no problems with you two."

Just as quickly the waitress left, she returned with ice cold water with a slice of lemon fenced on the lip of the clear cup. "Here's your water, do enjoy." The waitress again, gleefully smiles at him."

Kairos simply bowed his head and retorted his thanks as nonchalantly as possible, feeling Coach Jodie's eyes peering on him and not daring to look up. De'Aaron snickered to him-self, "Leave him alone Coach, cut him some slack."

"I specifically told him to be wary, not to be weird about it." Both De'Aaron and Coach Jodie laughed about at the expense of Kairos.

"Aight, I see y'all got jokes. Touche."

"So, on to more serious matters." Coach Jodie redirected the energy from playful. "So, there's this other matter I wanted to discuss with you."

"Okay, lay it on me."

"So, you know Fox is retiring. And those conversations I've been having the last few days like I told you about, it's been with the rest of the team. While we had a great run this season and almost made the conference finals, it was really do or die for us. So, basically, the rest of the cast has decided to test free agency."

"Damn. All of them?" Kairos asked.

"Yes, unfortunately. But, it's not the end of the world. A few expressed interest in returning, but not before seeing what's out there. I get it, you guys want to get the biggest pay you can get. So, it leaves us here with you."

"I see... And you basically wanna know if I'll return or not."

"Essentially... De'Aaron put a lot of hype behind you, indulging us to investing into you."

"Is that right?"

"Absolutely" De'Aaron replied. "You got the goods, man. You absolutely have what it takes to take over in this league and be a big figure in every aspect, just like Magic, MJ, Shaq, LeBron, Ivan, even your father."

"He's right. And I'm saying this off the record, not as a coach, but as a fan of the game. There's two types of currencies in this world: money and influence. You were in Denver, drawing at a dead end and losing fast. Lucked up and came here to Utah. Then you blew up all of a sudden. People took notice and kept an eye on you. Now people can start to take you serious going forward. You keep building your reputation, you build your influence to perhaps sway things in your favor, be it a trade, a signing, or just perks."

"LeBron pretty much crafted his own team ever since he started winning titles in Miami and took that to Cleveland and L.A. That kind of "power" is for only the extremely few elites."

"Nah, I don't consider my-self an elite." Kairos retorted.

"No, not yet, but you're on the path to becoming one. Only way you'd not be one is if you give up on basketball." De'Aaron iterated.

"You're just too damn good for your own age, Kai. Give yourself another two or three years and you're going to have enough experience to go with that talent and dominate." Coach Jodie interjected. "We'd be highly happy if you do that here in Utah."

"Alright, alright, I get it. Rep, influence, money, all that stuff. Zeroed in. But.."

"But..."

"I still don't know what I want to do just yet. I'm definitely not against coming back either. My short time here, I kinda fell in love with Utah. The atmosphere here is great, the scenic areas are awesome. The people are cool here. There's not too many things here I can say no to."

"So, what's keeping you from committing to stay?" De'Aaron asked.

"That's just it, D, my commitment. The playoffs aren't even over yet, and I don't want to say I'm going to stay and have a change of heart. That's not the kind of guy I'm trying to be."

"Okay, we can respect that perspective."

"Yeah, so, just give me a few weeks, let me feel it out. I haven't even discussed it with anyone else yet. I'm just enjoying the day-by-day life right now. But I know this is serious, and Utah don't want to walk into the summer empty handed. But, just let me think on it."

De'Aaron and Coach Jodie looked at each other without a word and nodded simultaneously.

"Okay, rook. You got your few weeks. We've done our part. We've put the keys to the kingdom on the table, it'll be up to you if you want to pick it up or not."

"I hear you Coach, I hear you..."
[...Two days later...]
"I honestly thought you forgot about me, Kairos."

"I could say the same for you. Waltzing into my life, handing me a business card and leaving, never to be heard from again. How dare you Ms. Jade."

"Come on now, I didn't even have your contact." Jade jested.

"Stop it. Acting like you couldn't slide up in my DM and cop it."

"Nah uh, that's your job, and I have to say, took you too long to hit me up!"

"Yeah, basketball kept me busy. Playoffs an all."

"Uh huh, you're lucky I already knew that."

Kairos and Jade took the day to themselves, visiting Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Arts, having bunch at The Park Cafe, strolling through the day on foot. The weather was in the high 60's, only getting warmer as the sun shined brightly into the afternoon.

"So, I've kept track of your stats, you play pretty well for a rookie."

"You watching me like that?"

"Boy, I have you in my fantasy team. Been making money off of you for months now."

"Wooooooooow. So, first you use me, now you want to get to know me."

"Don't put it like that!" Jade laughs

"Nah, nah, I see how it is. I thought you were genuinely interested, now the truth comes out. I'm just a money making golden egg to you"

"Yeah... Kinda" Jade bursts into more laughter

"How much you made off of me?"

"Why are you interrogating me like this?!"

"I just wanna know, how much you made?" Kiaros casually drilled her.

"$12,000"

"$12,000? God damn! You should be taking me out instead, what am I doing?"

"Chill, lets not get carried away. You know the rules, my money is my money" Jade sticks her tongue out at Kairos playfully.

"Whatever. Could least let me hold $20 for gas. You got it big dawg." Kairos joked.

The two carried on with their conversation, stopping by a ice cream shop along the way as they bagged up two sundaes and found a shady tree to sit under. The two sat quietly for a while, working on their sundae and watching the day go by.

"I really needed this day. Thank you for bringing my with you, Kairos."

"No need to thank me, I wanted to see you again."

"Awe, you're so sweet." Jade smiles

"You said you needed this, been having it rough lately?"

"Somewhat. Just business stress. My life lately has been consumed with work and just having this day to just relax, enjoy my-self with you, enjoy the day, it was much needed."

"I'm glad to be of assistance, Ms. Jade."

"Much to you as well, Mr. Kairos."

Two continue to sit and converse, getting to know each other more in-depth. From sharing childhood memories to sharing future dreams that aspire them. Kairos learned that Jade was born in Atlanta, and is a social media influencer looking to build her own clothing brand. She's been fortunately to travel with her modeling and podcasting career and had decided to do something more productive with her clout.

"You know, you're not too shabby, Jade. Not too shabby at all."

"Oh yeah? I'm something you could fancy?"

"Yeah, you can say that. Just sitting here, getting to know you, learn you, it's been a pleasure doing so."

"Likewise. I'm glad we bumped into each other that night. You're a cool dude."

"Cool dude... Damn, already friend zoned, fuck my life!"

Jade laughs out loud, "No, not like that. I'm just saying I like you."

"Uh huh, I like you too, sis!" Kairos shot back with a joke.

"Uh, you can't friend zone me, that's rule number one!"

"Rule number one? What other rules you got?" Kairos curiously asked.

"Feed me, cuddle me, be nice to me, and maybe, just maybe, just a itty-biity-teeny maybe, I'll be good to you."

Kairos gives Jade the raised eyebrow while hearing back her response. "Man, you lucky you're so damn cute."

"Yeah, I know, and it works for me. So you can't friend zone me."

"Or what?" Kairos asked

"You really going to let a lady like me slide? I seen that look in your eyes that night we met."

"Yeah, but that's different. You had this air of you, mystique and all. Now that I've gotten to know you a bit, seeing you this goofy, I don't know."

Jade stares at Kairos seductively, letting him soak in the visual of her slight smile and exotic eyes. As much as Kairos wanted to not be impressed or manipulated, he fell for her all over.

"... God damn, you win."

Jade smile becomes bigger, leaning in to hug him and kiss him on the cheek. "I always win, cute stuff."

"Nah, don't be trying to butter me up then slide off with that arrogance." Kairos joked.

Kairos wrapped his arm around her shoulder, holding her close as the two continued to talk casually, enjoying the rest of the day to them-selves. After a few more hours, Kairos walked Jade back to her condo before parting ways after she planted a second kiss on him. The two hit it off and looked forward to another day date. While Kairos may be looking to invest his interest deeper into Jade, his conscious is also reminded to be wary, just as his mother and coach has warned him. Not to mention, he still doesn't have a commitment to Utah, yet...

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 12 May 2023, 16:18

mvp wrote:
12 May 2023, 11:58
oooh that gfx is :fire: :fire: :fire: oohwee
The W got some quality GFXers. I like it. Didn't want to duplicate the sim recap like I have for Kairos' season, so went with this. Simplicity's finest.

Agent

Post by Agent » 12 May 2023, 17:39

:fivestar: Presentation :bowdown: