The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Agent

Post by Agent » 27 Jun 2022, 13:24

mvp wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 10:18
Noah looks like Starbury in that last pic :shock:
:pgdead:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 28 Jun 2022, 01:09

Agent wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 06:34
Hornets almost pulled off the unthinkable with that 1-pt loss to Brooklyn. Knicks grabbing 60 wins will be :bowdown:
Charlotte has been giving Brooklyn a tough time this season. They beat us once.
mvp wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 10:18
Noah looks like Starbury in that last pic :shock:
:scratchchin: :scratchchin:
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 28 Jun 2022, 16:00

Myers can't hack it :curtain:

41 easy deuce on ATL :obama:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 30 Jun 2022, 20:39

The JZA wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 16:00
Myers can't hack it :curtain:

41 easy deuce on ATL :obama:
Myers puts in work for Dallas.

That ATL game was tough. Didn't expect it to come down to the wire like that

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Jul 2022, 12:26

Philly Jawn

It has been a wild month for the kid since All-Star Weekend. My phone has been blowing up left and right as endorsements are continuing to pour in for me. It seemed like Devin and I were meeting every time I was in town. Since the All-Star campaign, my face was appearing all over the city. Almost as much as my uncle’s. The play on the court was going well too. The team still had a firm grip on the second seed in the Eastern Conference. We even got a win over the Nets in our third match up this season.

The locker room was a different space. I was getting a bit of a hard time from some of my teammates because of my popularity on and off the court which was weird because we were still winning. I don’t know if they thought I was getting preferential treatment or what. I’ve been nicknamed Broadway Noah around the league.

The deadline for new contracts had passed with R.J. Barrett and Sebastio Saramago opting to test their value during free agency this summer. I don’t know if they are looking for more money from the team or if they just want out of New York. But the analysts have been speculating. I’m not gonna act surprised that the game plan has changed drastically from when I first got here to where we are right now, but Coach Silas told me to play my game and that’s what I’ve been doing. I work my ass off for this. Not to mention with Ryan announcing his retirement, the game plan is starting to show me as more of a focal point and our marketing team has been hyping me up off the court (we gave out Noah Baldwin Funko Pop figurines to the first 500 fans for our first game back after the All-Star break). I’m not sure what R.J. was promised as the next face of the franchise, but rumor has it he’s not too happy about it.

“You look like you have a lot on your mind. Wanna talk about it?”

It was Spring Break for the Montessori school and Kori decided to hang out for the day. Said she wanted to see how the other half lived. Iris said she wanted to spend time with her goddaughter, so it worked out that she was kid free for the day. It rained off and on, so we didn’t get a chance to go out which was fine by me. We ordered some food from Ichiran (she’s been in New York all this time and hasn’t tried their Ramen). My mom came by and joined us for lunch for a while. That was their first time meeting, so it was a little weird, but my mom is cool. Being educators, they had a lot to talk about. After mom left, we streamed a few movies.

“Just thinking about how busy I’ve been.”

“Yeah, I feel like I had to make an appointment to see you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m kidding. Busy is good right? You’re establishing yourself as a player and everyone is taking notice. I heard Shaq and Kenny talking about MVP consideration.”

“Yeah.”
I sighed.

“That doesn’t sound like someone excited to be in contention for MVP as a rookie. Do you understand how major that is?”

“Nah, I get it. I do, but I don’t like the tension that’s going on in the locker room. All the rumors swirling around the team about what’s going to happen in the offseason. It’s a lot. When my uncle told me I’d be under a microscope I didn’t think it would be like this.”

“You’re a big name, playing in one of the biggest markets, for a historic franchise. What did you think was going to happen?”

“Sometimes I wish I would have just flown under the radar.”

She tilted her head and gave me a long look before speaking. “You wouldn’t be you if that was the case. You were built for this. God never gives us--”

“More than we can handle,”
I finished. “My grandma and my mom tell me that all the time.”

“Sounds like you’re surrounded by some wise women.”

“I try to be.”
I said as I looked in her eyes.

She smiled at that. She was so easy to talk to, it was unreal. She seemed to really get me. That was something my uncle always said was one of the things he loved about his wife. She understood him on a level that most people did not. Especially when it came to his career.

She flipped through the channels and stopped on the Women’s NCAA tournament. Maryland was playing in the Elite Eight against Texas. We watched for a few seconds in silence and then I found myself cheering at the TV when Kira Reynolds came up with a steal and finished with a layup on the other end.

“You are quite the fan, huh?”

“Yeah, I love basketball. Doesn’t matter who is playing.”

“I meant of Kira. I know you and Remy flew to Boston early to watch the games. You were plastered all over ESPN and social media wearing her jersey. I’m surprised you’re not at the game today.”

I frowned for a second before everything clicked. Was she….jealous?

“If I wanted to watch, I would have flown to Albany. I’m where I want to be if that’s what you’re getting at.”

“I’m not getting at anything. I’m just making an observation.”

“Thought you Philly Jawns were more direct.”

“I think what I said was pretty direct. And don’t call me jawn,”
she said with a smirk.

“You don’t like that? Remy calls you my Lil’ Yeah.”

She laughed. “Your lil’ what?”

“It’s a New Orleans thing. Like saying you’re my girl.”

She tilted her head to the side. “Is that what you think?”

“I mean, if you want to be that, I’m down. I respect your need to take things slow.”
I closed the distance between us on the sofa. “But just know I ain’t interested in nobody else and I ain’t trying to be interested in nobody else.”

I started to lean in for a kiss. She didn’t back away, so I went for it. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into her as we sank down into the couch. After a few moments she pulled back and exhaled, her eyes were still closed. I propped myself up on one arm and waited for her to look at me.

“Men lie, women lie, vibes don’t.” I said.

“Wow. Did you just make that up?” She scrunched her eyebrows before smiling again. “You always have a line, Noah.”

“Nah. I heard it in a rap song. But I think it applies. And I meant what I said. We can take this as slow as you’d like. As long as the vibes are still there, I’m good.”

She nodded and gave me a kiss on the cheek before pulling me down to lay on her chest. She kissed me again on the top of my head.

“Don’t do that, girl. You better watch yourself or slow will be out the window, ya heard me? I’m trying to be a gentleman.”

I reached for the remote on the floor and switched the television until I found a re-run of Bel-Air. This should level out the mood.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Jul 2022, 23:54

Last edited by chosenone58 on 07 Jul 2022, 23:56, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Jul 2022, 23:55

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Jul 2022, 23:57

mvp

Post by mvp » 08 Jul 2022, 09:07

70 wins no sweat

Agent

Post by Agent » 08 Jul 2022, 11:06

77-5 let’s go