The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Nov 2021, 01:29

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Agent

Post by Agent » 02 Nov 2021, 05:28

:bowdown: 3-peat! Big shoes to fill if he wants to outdo Unc

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 03 Nov 2021, 03:21

Unc still got it

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Nov 2021, 18:52

Agent wrote:
02 Nov 2021, 05:28
:bowdown: 3-peat! Big shoes to fill if he wants to outdo Unc
Oh yes. We get trophies around here.

The JZA wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 03:21
Unc still got it
I was shocked by the Finals MVP. Definitely thought it was going to Keith Perkins.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Nov 2021, 22:06

Draft Night

“With the 15th pick in the two thousand twenty-eight NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks select……Justin Patterson, point guard out of the University of Miami.”

Damn, that was the sixth point guard taken tonight,
I think to myself.

I sit at the table and try not to look pissed with the cameras swarming everywhere. I smile and adjust my tie. I’m sitting with my mom and my cousin-slash-agent. That’s it. Uncle D didn’t want the reporters to try and make the moment about him. And I wasn’t letting my dad embarrass me tonight with his “Father of the Year” shit. He’s been telling anybody back home that would listen that he was going to move wherever I got drafted to. Maybe I’ll end up in Toronto.

I look over at Devin and he looks down at his phone. His phone that’s not ringing. Because I haven’t been selected. I mean this is the middle of the first round. This is supposed to be my time. I look across the room at Dennis Hawkins from Georgetown. He’s supposed to be mid to late first round as well. He didn’t announce coming out of Georgetown until after I announced that I was entering he draft. I turn my attention to the television in the green room as Commissioner Silver announces another name that isn’t mine. I start to slump back in my seat, but I remember the cameras.

“Patience, love.” My mom said. “You will be where you’re supposed to be.”

I jumped at the sound of my phone buzzing on the table. We all look down at it, but it’s my uncle.

“Sup, Unc. I’m kind of waiting on an important call here.”

“It’s all good. I was just calling to tell you to stop looking so damn uptight. You already got the bowtie on against my better judgement, Nephew. You gotta chill.”

“The wait is killing me.”

“You know you’ve been like this ever since you were a kid,”
he laughed. “Patience has never been your strong suit. You don’t wanna play for the Lakers, man. They are stacked at guard. You won’t see the floor much this season.”

He was right. I watched Commissioner Silver go to the podium and announce the Lakers selection. It wasn’t me.

“This room is starting to thin out though, Unc.” I sighed as I glanced around. I was getting frustrated.

“It’s all good, Deuce,” he says slowly. “Just take a deep breath and relax. Portland is going to take a big man. Maybe Phoenix is your landing spot. You had a good workout, right?”

“Yeah, but Devin’s phone ain’t lighting up, man. I don’t think so. You think people are staying away from me to make way for Brooklyn?”

“Hell, nah. Nets got the last pick this year. We would have to trade away Keith and Shareef. And no offense to you, but the execs will not make that deal.”

“You think all the off-court shit is what’s got my stock dropping? It was talked about a lot during my interviews.”

“You’re going to be fine. You’ve learned form your mistakes. You’ve proven that. I promise you’re gonna be straight. Chill out though.”

“You right, you right.”

Devin taps me on the shoulder to get my attention.

“I have a trade to announce. The Phoenix Suns have traded the 20th pick in this year’s draft to the New York Knicks in exchange for Joey Ellis and the 24th pick. New York is now on the clock.”

“Well, damn there goes Phoenix. They just traded for a point guard.”

“Relax, man. It will happen. I’m so confident that it will happen, that my wife and I have already prepared a celebration dinner in your honor.”

A few moments later Devin’s phone rings.

He hands it to me.

“Gotta go, Uncle D. I think this is the call I’ve been waiting for.”

After a phone call that was about all of fifteen seconds, it was finally time. I was drafted to an NBA team. And I was coming off the board before Dennis Hawkins.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Nov 2021, 23:52

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Nov 2021, 23:53

Lots of Knicks love going around in these chise streets

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Nov 2021, 23:55

Agent

Post by Agent » 04 Nov 2021, 09:22

#knickstape

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 04 Nov 2021, 20:20

lol Sup with all this Knicks going around? Went a lot lower than expected, was thinking 10-15. Nonetheless, 1st rounder, time to put that rookie contract to good use