The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Agent

Post by Agent » 15 Oct 2021, 04:17

Getting DECORATED before entering the league.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 15 Oct 2021, 16:21

Monster wins over Georgetown & Marquette :bowdown: :bowdown:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Oct 2021, 17:49

Agent wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 04:17
Getting DECORATED before entering the league.
Can't show up tot he Draft empty handed
The JZA wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 16:21
Monster wins over Georgetown & Marquette :bowdown: :bowdown:
Had to get that Big East title
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Oct 2021, 17:54

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Oct 2021, 18:01

Noah getting a little big headed at St. John's :troll:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Oct 2021, 18:07

Tourney Time

“That’s family y’all. I will fight everybody in this damn room right now.”

My teammates and I were all gathered in the screening room at my uncle’s condo. He booked the room and ordered us food and snacks for the night. My aunt, Naya, and my cousin, Carmen, had just stopped in to check on us and of course all the guys were checking them out.

“So, your uncle lives upstairs?” Our freshman point guard, Connor Bridges, asked me. We’ve been joined at the hip it seems since the season started. He’s been wanting to learn everything from me, not that I feel like I can teach him all that much, he’s just a year younger than I am.

“Yeah, man. We all couldn’t fit in his place, plus the Nets are on the road right now, so he just booked this room for us. He probably would’ve been here if they were in town.”

“That’s cool. Tell him thanks. We appreciate it. Especially the food.”

“Roger that.”

Everybody quieted down as the show started. We listened to Clark Kellogg give his spiel about the different teams as he went through the different brackets. We finally heard our names called in the Midwest Regional. We were the sixth seed and we would be facing Gonzaga. Everybody in the room was going crazy. We knew we made the tournament. On top of having a great season, we were the Big East Champs. It was just a matter of who we would be playing.

Coach St. Jean walked to the front of the room and held his hands up to get our attention. “Congratulations, guys. You deserve this. You worked your asses off this season. I cannot be any more proud of you than I am right now.”

"Even if we take the tournament?”
I yelled from the back of the room, getting a few laughs from my teammates and coach.

“I’ll be fucking ecstatic if we win the whole thing.” More laughs. “But no matter what happens. Know that I appreciate all of you here. And just enjoy this moment. You keep working hard for ach other and we can make it through anything.”

“We love you, Coach!”
Jermaine yelled from across the room and all the guys laughed and began clapping. Once the room was quiet again, Coach St. John finished his speech.

“Enjoy tonight. But not too much. I have a few calls to make, so that we can get everything squared away. We leave for St. Louis on Tuesday. Don’t anybody do anything stupid between now and then. I’m going to let you guys enjoy your night.”

My teammates were scattered in various parts of the room on their phones. I had just finished a call with my mom, who said she would meet us in St. Louis for the start of the tournament, when my phone began to ring with a FaceTime call from my uncle. He was calling from his hotel room. They were currently in the middle of a short road trip in Texas.

“You made it, Kid.”

“Step one, right?”

“Step one. I’m proud of you. You guys busted your ass this year. You came back stronger than ever. And now you’re on your way. Big East Player of the Year. Big East Champ. You’re doing it.”

“Thanks, Uncle D. For everything, man. The guys said to tell you thanks for the set up too. Aunt Naya and Carmen already came to check on us.”

“That’s good.”
I heard a knock at his hotel room door. “Gather everybody around the phone for a second.”

I turned to the room and called my teammates over to the phone. When I looked back at the screen, my uncle was joined by Carmelo Anthony, Penny Hardaway, and Kobe Bryant.

“The fellas just wanted to wish you guys good luck. I’ll pass the phone around, Melo is the only NCAA champ among us so you may want to pay extra attention to what he has to say.”

Each one of them took a minute to just give us some encouragement before we prepared for the tournament. Carmelo being the last to impart some wisdom.

“Just enjoy it. Honestly. As crazy as it sounds, don’t put too much pressure on yourself. This time will come and go quickly. And you have to adjust just as quickly. Trust each other. That’s all I got.”

“We appreciate it.”

Soon it was just my uncle and I again. The guys were in awe that they talked to 4 NBA legends in one night.

"Are you gonna be able to make any of the games?"

"Might be able to get one, if you guys make Sweet 16."

"Well, I'll see you in Chicago then."

“Get some rest, Nephew. Love you, boy.”

“Love you too, old man.”

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Oct 2021, 18:16

Congrats on making the tourney. Gotta give Gonzaga hell

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Oct 2021, 18:19

The JZA wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 18:01
Noah getting a little big headed at St. John's :troll:
My mans is just grinding. Leading his squad
The JZA wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 18:16

Congrats on making the tourney. Gotta give Gonzaga hell
Last edited by chosenone58 on 17 Oct 2021, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Oct 2021, 18:21

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Oct 2021, 18:49