The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 29 Dec 2022, 01:18

2029-2030 NBA Starting Lineups

Eastern Conference

Atlanta
Justin Patterson |Stanley Henderson|Aaron Wennington|Onyeka Okongwu|Thon Maker

Boston
Reggie Reed|Bryce James|Gregg Wittman|Jayson Tatum|Joel Embiid

Brooklyn
Keith Perkins|Andre Palmer|Jim Manning|Shareef O’Neal|Nate Matthews

Charlotte
Dejounte Murray|Adam Xu|Devin Law|Rod Meyer|Tony House

Chicago
Magnus Law|Albert Patrick|Patrick Williams|Sebastio Saramago|Wendell Carter, Jr.

Cleveland
Zaire Wade|Matisse Thybulle|Isaac Okoro|Monty Garrison|Jusef Nurkic

Detroit
Cade Cunningham|Stephan Cisse|Kobe Garrison|Sekou Doumbouya|Isaiah Stewart

Indiana
Daniel Wooden|Troy Peters|Greg Longley|Oscar Johnson|Myles Turner

Miami
Kyrie Irving|Tyler Herro|Justise Winslow|Cameron Boozer|Richie Fortson

Milwaukee
Alfredo Ott III|Donte DiVencenzo| Kevin Knox|Giannis Antetokounmpo| Nicholas Cannon

New Orleans
Jamal Murray|Jared Saunders|Manuel Esparza|Kai Jones|Marvin Bagley III

New York
Wen Jackson|Noah Baldwin II |Remy Benoit|Rui Hachimura|Chet Holmgren

Orlando
Dante Gibbs|Richard Dixon|Chip Bass|Aaron Gordon|Nikola Vucevic

Philadelphia
Dennis Hawkins| Malik Newman|Troy Cousins|Alonzo Wood|Jahlil Okafor

Toronto
Tre Jones|Jeremy Lamb|Ben Simmons|Eric Paschall|Noah Vonleh

Washington
Bobby Noel|R.J. Barrett|Colin Torres|Junior Little|Michael Wong

Western Conference

Dallas
Mikey Williams|Spencer Myers|Randolph Roy|Bobby Portis|Anthony Davis

Denver
R. J. Hampton|Kiyan Anthony|Kenyon Martin, Jr.|Robert Covington|Bol Bol

Golden State
Darren Williams|Lamar Hardin|Vin Duncan|Julius Randle|James Wiseman

Houston
Kris Moore|Devin Booker|Johnny Johnson|Otis Theus|Robert Williams

Las Vegas
Kemba Walker|Wendell Gray|Jaxon Bass|Jalen Duren|Nerlens Noel

Los Angeles Clippers
LaMelo Ball|Bronny James| Patrick Cook|Daniel Oturu|Deandre Ayton

Los Angeles Lakers
Lonzo Ball|Shannon George|De’Andre Hunter|Kyle Kuzma|Chieck Diallo

Memphis
Ja Morant|Victor Oladipo|Ed Flores|Brandon Clarke|Artie Stokes

Minnesota
Darryl Williams|Anthony Edwards|Andrew Wiggins|Michael Kidd-Gilchrist|Karl-Anthony Towns

Oklahoma City
Matt Eaton|Shai Gilgeous-Alexander|DJ Rodman|Darius Bazley|Karl Brown

Phoenix
Joey Ellis| Derrick Edwards| Alex Batistuta|Jae Crowder|Kristaps Porzingas

Portland
Ronnie Lucas|Collin Sexton|Kyle Anderson|Zion Williamson|Steve Manning

Sacramento
Skyy Clark|Cayden Boozer|Mikal Bridges|Vince Justice|Evan Mobley

San Antonio
Emmanuel Mudiay|Andre Iguodala|Brandon Ingram|PJ Washington| Mo Bamba

Seattle
Dennis Smith, Jr.|Yi Shan Li|Emoni Bates||Zach Randolph, Jr.|Diamond Stone

Utah
Nick Lloyd|Donovan Mitchell|Giacomo Avanti| Trey Lyles|Julian Martin
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 29 Dec 2022, 01:28

All the Smoke Podcast

Matt Barnes: Finally got the legend in here today, Jack.

Stephen Jackson: He usually takes his shit to Dan Patrick.

Derek Baldwin: Wow, fellas.

Jack: I’m just stating the facts. It’s all facts here.

Matt: Nine-time all-star, three time league MVP, two-time Olympic gold medalist, Coach of the Year, 10-time NBA Champion, six-time Finals MVP.

Jack: Going for the Bill Russell ring this year.

Matt: True. Bill Russell ring loading. Derek fuckin’ Baldwin. What’s up, Champ? Welcome to the show.

DB: Thank you. I appreciate you guys for having me on.

Jack: Shout out to Noah for getting the job done.

Matt: And this is the final final final season right?

DB: Final season for real. I couldn’t pass on this opportunity once it presented itself. The Knicks knew just what to say.

Jack: And what was that?

DB: Sign right here. (laughs) They have one of my favorite point guards.

Matt: This is pretty much the same squad that took y’all to six games in the Eastern Conference Finals. You think y’all can go all the way?

DB: If everybody stays healthy, there’s no doubt.

Matt: So, 2013 NBA Draft, 20th overall. 25 year old rookie. What was that like?

DB: It was something that went fast and then went slow. It was crazy. It was a great night, especially with the journey I had been on. JUCO, Nicholls, and then playing professionally in Spain for three years. I was just so relieved that everything paid off. I appreciate the road less travelled. I was a different type of rookie.

Matt: How often did you have that moment when you were like “I’m playing this guy tonight?” When did you have those moments?

DB: Kobe.

Jack: Bean. For sure.

Matt: What was that like? First time facing Kob?

DB: Man, I remember the game was close. We edged them out by like two or three points. That’s when he had like Nick Young and Steve Blake and all those guys. I felt like he was trying to beat me into submission. I think I had 21 points that night and he had like 25 or 26, but we got the win. I remember one of the first plays, I was guarding him out at the three point line and I was just thinking, I cannot let him dunk on me. (laughs) So, he dribbles toward the basket, but I cut him off so he backs out and tries to back me down. You know how he does with that Jordan lean. Gave me the shoulder fake left, then right and then he hit me with that fade away. Then he smirked at me. And I said to him “that was a good shot, but I was right there.” And he just gave me a nod. We chopped it up after that game and he told me he would hit me up when we were in L.A.

Matt: Did he?

DB: Surprisingly, yeah. That game he was coming back from an injury, but he said he was good to play. Now that night I had like 25 and he had like 15 and they took that L. I didn’t think he was going to want company, but he texted me and we went out to Mastro’s. The only catch was that I couldn’t tell anybody.

Jack: Who paid?

DB: He did. I was on a rookie contract. (laughs)

Matt: Any other players you were psyched up or psyched out for?

DB: LeBron and D. Wade.

Matt: Miami was on their Big Three shit.

DB: Yeah, man. Not one, not two, not three…. (laughs) We just knew they were gonna run the league.

Jack: Y’all beat them in the playoffs though right in 2013?

DB: Yeah, stopped that back to back.

Matt: What was that like? You seemingly came out of nowhere and led this Bulls team to the Finals with Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer. And won Finals MVP to top it off.

DB: Surreal. Shit was surreal. Came back from being down three games to one to take OKC down in seven games. That shit was a battle. Russ and KD had something to prove. They lost to Miami the year before in the Finals so they were coming for blood.

Jack: But they got it eventually.

DB: Yeah, that next year after we got eliminated by Cleveland in the second round.

Jack: How was that?

DB: I was pissed. Almost tore the damn plane up. (laughs) I just drowned my sorrows a little bit that summer. Came back refocused. Tore the league up. Won my first MVP trophy. Put the Larry O’Brien back where it belonged.

Matt: So Chi-Town to L.A. Tell us about that.

DB: Yes, sir. Best decision I made. Business and personal. CP3, Blake Griffin. I couldn’t pass that up. We linked up after the signing during the Olympics in Rio and everything just kind of went from there.

Jack: Shit. Man, first team to get four straight rings since the Celtics in the 60’s.

DB: Yeah, that squad was special.

Matt: You think the Brooklyn squad was special like that?

DB: Brooklyn was special in its own way, but we got four in a row there too, so yeah. Special.

Matt: So, let’s go back right quick, you said the move was business and personal.

DB: You’ve seen my wife, right? (laughs)

Jack: (laughs) My guy was playing the long game!

DB: Couldn’t get to her if I couldn’t get to her. (laughs)

Matt: Smooth, Dub. So, coaching. Let’s talk about that.

DB: It was something different for me. I had been running some camps for a while now and working with Adam Demps and my nephew, Noah, and just players in Los Angeles and back at home. Players that were overlooked. Players like me. Dark Horse Academy was born. And it was good, but I would always feel a way when the season started. Every summer the phone would ring, and at first I wasn’t interested. Then after talking to my wife about it, I realized that I was, I was just trying to pretend that I wasn’t. But I wanted to get out of Los Angeles.

Matt: Did you have any other top choices besides Brooklyn?

DB: Miami. Miami was the only other team I seriously considered. But I wasn’t just making this move for me. My wife had her career to think about and she was able to get some work on Broadway too.

Matt: Since you brought up your nephew and now your teammate, as a player and former coach, do you see a ceiling for him?

Jack: No.

DB: (laughs) Jack, just said it. No. And he loves to play. I got the best seat in the house, man. And this season I wanna help make the game no stress. He wants to be a world beater sometimes. And I get that because I used to be that guy. So I wanna pass that on to him. But once he puts all those pieces together and hits his stride, the sky is the limit.

Matt: What about his IQ? He’s only 21. You’re a high IQ guy. So, have you seen someone at his age with an IQ like that?

DB: He’s a true student of the game. He will ask questions and he just has crazy confidence. He feels like he can beat any defense thrown at him. He’s not afraid of being on center stage. Before I came in, I asked Coach Silas about the point guard situation and he said whatever is needed, Noah is doing it. I was proud to hear that.

Jack: I feel you. Instilling the game in him and seeing that he is still doing what he was taught.

Matt: So who gave you the game?

DB: My dad loved to watch. He wasn’t that great of a player, but he enjoyed the sport. So that was our father-son thing. And of course I learned early on that the girls liked athletes. (laughs) Joined the team in middle school and once I got more into it, my pops would take me to local camps and stuff at the colleges around.

Matt: Who were some of your idols growing up?

DB: I grew up in the 90’s, man. So, you know everybody was on Jordan.

Jack: Black Jesus.

DB: Right. So, I remember the second three-peat. Then that ’96 draft class hit. Kobe, Iverson.

Jack: Pressure.

DB: So, those were some of the guys I kinda latched on to going forward. Randy Livingston was the local hero for us at that time. So, he’s always been a favorite of mine.

Jack: Shout out to Randy. Your nephew mentioned him too.

DB: Yeah, man. NOLA guy, went to LSU. It meant everything when he got drafted, that’s kinda when the NBA became my dream.

Matt: Alright, give me your New Orleans all-time starting five whether they made it to the league or not.

DB: Since we were already talking about him, Randy Livingston. That was the motivation. I can’t forget my nephew. If I don’t put him on this list, he’ll be at my condo waiting to fight. (laughs)

Jack: For sure. He might come down to the studio for your ass. (laughs)

DB: (laughs) Waiting in the parking lot. My guy, D.J. Augustin. Fellow Brother Martin alum.

Matt: Oh, wow. Y’all got a ring together, right?

DB: He was there for the second championship. Um, I gotta add Avery Johnson.

Jack: Nice. Avery Johnson.

DB: Danny Granger.

Jack: Damn. Okay, Danny was nice.

DB: I know that’s six, but I can’t not add my guy, Greg Monroe.

Matt: Nice. Okay, so we gon give you a couple quick questions. Favorite city?

DB: To play, New York. Specifically, MSG. Always. To visit, Miami. And I say Miami because I played four years in Los Angeles and lived there for another three.

Matt: What advice you’d give to a younger player?

DB: Savor this shit. This time goes by so fast. I’ve been fortunate enough to come back and do it twice, but this second time is going just as fast as the first. I feel like I just came out of retirement yesterday and I am about to do my last training camp and lace up for my last first game in less than 24 hours.

Jack: Who would you have as a guest on our show? And, you also have to help us get them on here.

DB: I feel like y’all have had everybody but me. This is a hard one. What about Penny? I don’t think Penny has been on.

Jack: Nah. I don’t think so either. Set it up. We appreciate having you with us. We can’t wait to see you in action tomorrow night.

Last edited by chosenone58 on 29 Dec 2022, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 29 Dec 2022, 01:29

Podcast interview is lengthy, but it provides backstory for all the guys that weren't there in 2013 and a nice walk down memory lane for those who were.

Agent

Post by Agent » 29 Dec 2022, 06:21

Man it's been too long since I remembered all of the OG Baldwin info. I used to comment that he needed to suit up damn near after every game update :drose: I definitely remember those Clippers teams... Monstrous career for DB. A farewell tour for the ages :bowdown:

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 29 Dec 2022, 12:37

Me when my kids tells me my picture framed of Derek Baldwin is not a real player, but I was there for his whole career. I was there damn it!! :jose2:

Hell of a damn career. Hate to see my man DB for one last run, but it seems fitting to pass the torch to Noah

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Jan 2023, 00:34

Agent wrote:
29 Dec 2022, 06:21
Man it's been too long since I remembered all of the OG Baldwin info. I used to comment that he needed to suit up damn near after every game update :drose: I definitely remember those Clippers teams... Monstrous career for DB. A farewell tour for the ages :bowdown:
I appreciate the following.

I remember you calling for the OG to come off the sidelines. Now we're here. :melo2:
The JZA wrote:
29 Dec 2022, 12:37
Me when my kids tells me my picture framed of Derek Baldwin is not a real player, but I was there for his whole career. I was there damn it!! :jose2:

Hell of a damn career. Hate to see my man DB for one last run, but it seems fitting to pass the torch to Noah
Thanks, fam. It has been one wild ass ride, this is one my favorite stories. Carried across two platforms and three games. But I can't have him dropping 40 on folks at 45 years old. So, moving it on to Noah was the next logical thing. Unc will still make a few cameos in this story.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Jan 2023, 00:43

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Jan 2023, 00:45

Agent

Post by Agent » 02 Jan 2023, 07:23

Smacked the snot out of them. Not bad for a 41 year old at all.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 04 Jan 2023, 10:58

3-0 start, just what I like to see :yep: