The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Feb 2022, 15:02

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Feb 2022, 15:08

Last edited by chosenone58 on 23 Feb 2022, 08:37, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Feb 2022, 15:09

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Feb 2022, 15:13

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 16 Feb 2022, 18:14

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 16 Feb 2022, 18:23

What Happens Next?

“I’m serious, Noah. What does this trade mean?” We were sitting at a table at Lucali’s in Brooklyn. One slice of pizza left on the table between us. The team had just initiated a trade with Washington, giving up Kevin for Rui Hachimura. We found out this morning via social media and Remy has been freaking out ever since. When he’s stressed, we carb load.

“It means, that we needed to upgrade at that position. It means that the front office sees the work we’re putting in and they want us to make a nice playoff run.”

We currently held the number two seed in the Eastern Conference right behind, you guessed it, Brooklyn. They were on a roll this season. They had only lost three games so far. We’ve played like 30 games and they have only lost three. Unless they just have a total collapse this season, they are going all the way this year. That would be good for Unc to go out on top. That’s how I want to go.

“Look, Remy, you’re doing a good job. I don’t think it’s going to affect your minutes, whoadie.”

“I hope not. I’m just wondering what happens next.”

“You keep working. He still has to learn our system.”

He considered what I said for a minute as he reached for the last slice of pizza. “You right. I’m trippin’ trippin’.”

My phone buzzed on the table interrupting the conversation. I turned it over, surprised to see Kori had sent me a text message. We didn’t get to hang out for the holidays since my dad and sister popped up and stayed through Christmas. I managed to get some rooms at the Phillips Club for the time they were here. Shit cost me over seven grand for ten days.

So, I missed Kori for Christmas although I did get to talk to her and her dad for a quick minute after the game. She stayed in Philly through the holiday and we’ve been on the road for the past week. I’ve just been crashing and burning after these games. It has been a grind. This NBA shit is not like college at all.

I respond to the text and put the phone down. Remy gave me this weird smirk.

“That’s your Lil’ Yeah?”

I shake my head at him. I haven’t used that term for a girl I was dating since high school. “We not there yet.”

“You smiling like you there though.”

“I’m not smiling.”
But I feel the corners of my mouth twitching as I say it. I try to force them down. “I’m not smiling."

“I see you, my guy. She back in town yet? Tell her come through. And bring a friend.”

“I don’t know if she’s back in the city—”
Before I could finish my phone buzzed again. She was indeed back in New York. I figured why not? I sent a text asking if she wanted some pizza.

A little over 30 minutes later and she was making her way to our table. She was wearing a red sweater, a pair of gray skinny jeans and some Timberland boots. I dig it. I stood up and gave her a hug and Remy extended his hand.

“Remington Nathaniel Benoit. A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Hilliard.”

“Really, Remy?”

“Just trying to make an impression. She may have friends.”
He turns his attention back to Kori. “Do you? Have friends?”

She laughed. “I like your friend, Noah. He’s funny.”

“I’m serious about the friends though. A brother is single and ready to mingle.”

We talked for a while. Ordered another pizza that she only ate two slices of. Remy took the rest of it with him. He said he didn’t want to seem like a fifth wheel. We didn’t stay much longer, deciding to head over to The Chocolate Room for dessert.

“I would have taken you to the Wine House, but I can’t drink legally yet. My uncle and aunt do a lot of their date nights over there.”

She gives me a soft smile. “I forget that you’re still a baby. When do you become of age?”

“Baby, huh? Wow.”
I laughed. “You’re not that much older than me. But, next month. Two twenty-two. Mark your calendar.”

“I’ll be sure to do that. And don’t think I missed that other comment. Is that what this is? A date?”

“I mean, we missed our cheesesteak outing. So, I figured we could make up for it with some of the best pizza in New York and we’ll see what happens next.”

“Speaking of, how were things with your family?”

“They’re back home.”

“Sounds like you don’t want to talk about it.”

“Not really. My pops just does stuff like that sometimes and he brought Ariel along so I wouldn’t flip out. If it was just him he would have been on his own out here.”
I could feel myself getting upset so I decided to change the subject. “So, how was your Christmas? Did you get everything you wanted?”

Thankfully, she went with the change in conversation. She enjoyed her time with her family. I’m glad one of us did. My uncle was on the road for the holiday and I was stuck with my Pops. Not that they would have hung out much anyway. I got a chance to take my sister out to see a few New York holiday things. But fortunately, I was mostly playing ball.

Before I knew it, we had gone through two mugs of hot chocolate and it was nearing closing time. I offered to get a car to take her home since I didn’t want her walking around New York or taking the subway at night. I was able to get my uncle’s driver, Reggie, to meet us since he was in Brooklyn. She climbed in the car and I closed the door.

She rolled the window down and gave me a look. “You’re just going to send me off with some strange driver?”

“Reg is good people. I’ve known him for like six years.”

“I thought you said you wanted to see what happens next?”

I pause for a second, literally one second, before I jog around to the other side of the car and climb in.

So, I guess we’ll see what happens next, okay?

Agent

Post by Agent » 16 Feb 2022, 20:45

Reggie looked at you in the rear view mirror

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Feb 2022, 18:54

Shout outs to Noah getting his badges for P/ROTM

Tension brewing between Noah & Ellis, can't wait to see how far that goes.

Noah didn't waste no time hoping in

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 17 Feb 2022, 20:41

2029 and the low-scoring game there :lol:
× A New Horizon ×
× Watching: X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×

mvp

Post by mvp » 18 Feb 2022, 09:18

Oh man 0-16 from three :dead: