The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 12 Jan 2022, 19:56

Remy's right. That's the squad with the chips running the association, a three-peater at that. Getting a win is no easy feat, cause my boy Keith, Shareef, & Derek ain't having none of that :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Jan 2022, 03:46

mvp wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 16:54
This is strong. Some of those losses looked like the offense forgot to show up.

What game is this on again?
2K just being 2K I guess. Some games we're on fire, other nights it's like we've been body snatched.

2K21 on PS4
The JZA wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 19:56
Remy's right. That's the squad with the chips running the association, a three-peater at that. Getting a win is no easy feat, cause my boy Keith, Shareef, & Derek ain't having none of that :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Remy is usually the voice of reason. Noah wants to takeover NY right now. But we all know Brooklyn runs it.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 18 Jan 2022, 00:05

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 18 Jan 2022, 00:15

Holi-Daze

I woke up before my alarm was scheduled to go off. Surprising because I had just fallen asleep about 5 hours ago. But I was still buzzing from last night. Everything seemed to be moving in the right direction. I was tapped to start against the Sixers with Ryan out with an injury. Of course, the media tried to hype up the game since I was playing against Dennis Hawkins for the first time this season. And even though this wasn’t my first start, without Ryan Coach Silas said that I was going to get some significant minutes during this run if I played my cards right. So, last night was mine to lose.

I also got an expected but still unexpected phone call from one Ms. Kori Hilliard after the game. After getting some intel from my aunt about Jordan’s teacher, I asked her to feel out the situation for me. She said that Kori admitted that she thought I was nice. And that she wasn’t looking for a relationship (if I had a dollar for every time that I heard that). I told her that I respected that. My aunt told me that she was originally from Philadelphia and she was, of all things, a Sixers fan. So, I put my plan in action. First, I had my aunt find out some of her favorite things. On the Monday after Thanksgiving, I had a gift box of coffee and chocolate delivered from Bean Box. The next Monday I had an autographed Allen Iverson jersey delivered. And for my final act, I sent her a pair of tickets to the game and I included my phone number with a small wager. If we beat the Sixers on Saturday, she would use the number to set up a date. If we lost, I wouldn’t bother her again.

So, after the game I received a congratulatory text from an unknown number, followed by another text asking if I was busy. When I replied that the deal was for a phone call and not a text, my phone rang moments later.

“I like a woman of her word.”

“I hadn’t even told you if I accepted the bet or not.”

“When I saw you at the game, the terms were accepted.”

“So, you were checking for me?”

“Hell, yeah. I was trying not to be obvious during shootaround, but when the seats were still empty, I was getting nervous. That was your pops?”

“Yes, that was my father. He was excited about the game. He came in from Philly to watch. He also said to tell you thanks for the tickets.”

“Tell him I can get him some for Christmas as well.”

“Going for all the brownie points, huh?”

“You’ve seen me play, I try to lay the groundwork as early as possible to ensure success.”

She laughed. “I’ve noticed. Although I do think the Iverson jersey was too much.”

“That was an easy pick up. A.I. is my guy. He’s known me since I was a kid. And I told him to make the message out to you so you couldn’t try and return it.”

“Always thinking ahead, I see.”

“I always have to stay at least three steps ahead.”

The conversation was easy. She played basketball in high school, a shooting guard. Which is hard for me to see as she’s barely 5’6”. She told me that she studied at Villanova and she moved to New York from Philly after a friend from undergrad put in a word for her at the Montessori school. She’s 26. So older, but not that much older. I also found that she has been a widow for two years and has a two year old daughter.

“So, as you can see, I’m not very into the dating scene right now. My friends have tried to set me up for the past six months and I’m just not feeling it.”

“I can respect that. I can do friends if you want. No pressure for real.”

“You don’t seem like most twenty year old professional athletes.”

“Oh, you’ve had experience with a lot of professional athletes then?”
I joke.

“No, but I mean, I’m sure you have women in every city just waiting to be at your beck and call even if it’s just for the night.”

“I see what you did there, but I’m not that type of guy. I had enough of that in college. I learned quickly that I need to be a bit more selective.”

“That sounds like a story.”

“Yes, but we can save it for our first outing. Will you be in Philly for Christmas?”

“Yes, and I plan to watch the Sixers game at home with my dad.”

“Nah, I was serious about those tickets. I need you to see me in high definition. And we can go out afterwards. You can teach me how to order a proper cheesesteak from Max’s.”

“Oh, you’ve done your homework. Thought you would have said Geno’s.”

“Nah, I want this trip to be authentic.”

“Okay then. Max’s seems casual enough for a friendly outing.”

Hours passed, but it felt like minutes. She mentioned that it was nearing three in the morning, so we finally hung up.

There was no practice today, since we were heading to Washington tonight for our upcoming game against the Wizards, so I spent the afternoon just hanging out around the house. I watched some film. I was hoping to play against Bobby Noel, but he’s out with an injury right now. Hadn’t seen him since LSU bounced us from the tournament a few months back.

###############

It’s amazing how quickly things can go from sugar to shit. When my phone rang earlier this afternoon, I thought it was a Kori calling, but it was actually my half-sister, Ariel.

“Sup, Ari?”

“What’s up big brother? You busy?”

“Nah, just lounging around. Heading to DC in a few hours. Where you at? It’s a lot of noise in the background.”

“That’s the thing.”
She said with a nervous chuckle. “I’m actually at JFK.”

“The airport? In New York?”

“You know of another one?

“Why?”

“Well, damn, Noah. Not the response I was looking for. I haven’t seen you in over two years.”

“You know what I mean. You’re seventeen. Is your mom with you? I know you didn’t fly here alone.”

She didn’t say anything for a few minutes and then another voice came on the line.

“She’s here with me. We thought we’d spend the holidays with you.”

I close my eyes and shake my head. Of course, he would be nearby.

“Are you coming to get us or what? You too good to pick up your Pops up from the airport? You’ve gotten too big for us and you gotta send a car like your uncle used to do?” I could hear the bite in his voice.

Pops and Uncle Derek fell out years ago, and things just haven’t been right since. You see, my dad slept with my uncle’s ex-girlfriend around the time he was leaving to play ball in Spain. Then when she turned up pregnant, they tried to pin the baby on Uncle Derek after he got drafted for financial gain. And the shit almost worked. But Ariel got into an accident on the playground causing the truth to come to light and he hasn’t really spoken to him ever since. That was about 13 years ago. I'll let y'all unpack that.

“Nah, I’ll be there in a few. Let me, uh, let me get dressed.” I’m still trying to wrap my mind around all of this.

I send a text to my mother briefly informing her of the fresh hell that was about to descend on us. Then I call for a car service. They both can’t fit in my LaFerrari.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 18 Jan 2022, 00:16

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 18 Jan 2022, 00:17

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 18 Jan 2022, 12:01

1st of all, Hawkins' a bust

I see my boy getting his mack on, got it on slow cook, letting it stew :mischief: :mischief:
chosenone58 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 00:15
“Are you coming to get us or what? You too good to pick up your Pops up from the airport? You’ve gotten too big for us and you gotta send a car like your uncle used to do?”
Noah made Washington paid for those remarks :obama:

DB!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 19 Jan 2022, 14:08

The JZA wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 12:01
1st of all, Hawkins' a bust

I see my boy getting his mack on, got it on slow cook, letting it stew :mischief: :mischief:
chosenone58 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 00:15
“Are you coming to get us or what? You too good to pick up your Pops up from the airport? You’ve gotten too big for us and you gotta send a car like your uncle used to do?”
Noah made Washington paid for those remarks :obama:

DB!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Hawkins has potential, but he ain't no Noah Baldwin. Probably won't make a name for himself for another couple seasons.

Definitely can't let this story ride without Pops stirring up some trouble.

Gotta let that relationship build. Slightly older woman. Widow. Mother. Can't rush in.

DB is the true metaverse basketball God

Agent

Post by Agent » 21 Jan 2022, 09:14

Nets are rolling. They might come out with the best record in NBA history at this pace.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 21 Jan 2022, 13:28

Agent wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 09:14
Nets are rolling. They might come out with the best record in NBA history at this pace.
It's possible. They actually went 77-5 during the 2026-27 season. That was fun to play.