The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Feb 2024, 15:13

chosenone58 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 14:25
The real reason why Knicks lost in Boston. Noah had to deal with this low quality Baldwin cousin-twice removed :drose:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Feb 2024, 23:39

The JZA wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 15:13
chosenone58 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 14:25
The real reason why Knicks lost in Boston. Noah had to deal with this low quality Baldwin cousin-twice removed :drose:
We’re definitely going to begin to explore that soon….
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Agent

Post by Agent » 18 Feb 2024, 20:07

2 losses in the last 3 :o

Scars

Post by Scars » 19 Feb 2024, 01:01

Tatum trying to act tough but he's not even driving the bus

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 19 Feb 2024, 21:39

Agent wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 20:07
2 losses in the last 3 :o
:tinydead:
Scars wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 01:01
Tatum trying to act tough but he's not even driving the bus
Unfortunately, for the Knicks, he made the play that mattered.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 21 Feb 2024, 12:09

Don't Hate the Player

“So, we just drop this game to Boston and you ain’t saying nothing about it?” Remy asked. We were at my condo and had just finished watching film of our loss to Boston. I was stuck in my head, watching the whole thing. I had already watched it twice before.

“They’re a different team this season, a better team. They’re starting to put the pieces together. We caught them in the middle of a streak. They’re hot. We’ll see them again before the month is out.”

“Oh, so you treating me like I'm Doris Burke now? I know you’re pissed. You talked to Derek?”

“You know he hit me up right after the game. Told me he had some notes. You know what that shit means.”

“That loss wasn’t on you though, Noah. He knows that.”

“But it’s a couple times I could have closed out.”

“I didn’t think Jayson was gonna strip you like that.”

“Shit, me neither.”

“I feel like you’ve been playing different, fam. I can’t put my finger on what it is though.”

“He’s not ready to take the reins,”
I said after a moment.

“So, that’s what this is about. Don’t tell me you worried about the young boy? You can’t share the court?”

“Remy, I’m all for that, but I feel like he’s coming for my spot. I’m not tripping because if he thinks he can take it, he can try. I don’t like the way he’s moving right now. When he's on, I don't stand in his way. But he's not consistent. And if it takes him getting knocked on his ass a few times to get the picture then so be it. I’m not gonna be out here calling for the ball and getting ignored because he’s trying to get his numbers.”

I grabbed the remote and scrolled the film back to a moment in the third quarter.

“I’m wide open in the corner. I’m calling for the shit. He drives the lane. Blows the layup. He ain’t me, dude!”

Remy laughs.

“I feel like he’s trying to slide into a starting spot now that Derek’s gone. If he can prove to be a serviceable point guard, Coach might slide you to the two and have Mike come off the bench.”

November 29

“Noah, Chet, you guys managed to pull off a gritty overtime win against a tough Trail Blazers team. What were the talks in the huddle before the extra period?” Doris Burke held up a microphone between the two of us.

“We just wanted to continue to execute the things that were working for us,”
Chet said. “Attacking the rim. Attacking the paint.”

“Right,”
I said. “We felt like we had an advantage working the ball inside so we wanted to get Chet involved more, just continue to attack. Open up the drive and kick. Mike went three for three from deep tonight in overtime.”

“Speaking of threes, you seem to struggle with your shooting tonight. Any possible idea as to why?”

“You’re a baller, Doris, you know how these things go. Tonight, it wasn’t dropping, but I didn’t wanna dig us in a bigger hole trying to fix it.”

Once we wrapped up the interview with Doris we headed to the locker room. Coach gave his postgame speech and then he gave me a look and nodded toward his office. I nodded in response and then I went to my locker to check my phone before heading to the back.

I knocked on the door and waited until Coach told me to come in.

“You wanted to see me?”

“Take a seat.”

“Oh, so it’s one of those?”

“No, it’ll be quick. I’m thinking of giving Anthony more minutes. I want both of you on the floor. With him running point.”

I didn’t respond.

“I liked his production tonight. I think it was because you were drawing a lot of the attention away from him on defense, but I want to test that out.”

I just nodded my head.

“No thoughts?”

“Nah. Sounds like you have the game plan in mind, Coach. I’ll roll with it.”

“Well, I don’t want you to just ‘roll with it’, Noah. I want to know what you think.”

“I think we’ll try it and see what happens. I gotta do media before I head out.”
I said as I left Coach Silas’ office.

“You gotta work on those threes, Cap.” I heard Anthony say from across the locker room. I ignored him and went into the team’s media room to finish up my interviews.

Present Day

“And you know after he had that big game in NOLA, it’s like you couldn’t tell him nothing.”

“Yeah, he’s been getting a little mouthy in practice. I like the energy though.”

“Me too, but cash those checks that your mouth insists on writing. Don’ go out and score five points in the next damn game. When I tried to talk to him about it, this clown said I was hating the player. He went one of twelve in OKC.”

“He said what?”
Remy laughed. His laughter made me laugh. “He didn’t hit you with that, my guy.”

“He did. Seriously though, he’s not ready for the high stakes moments, man. Look at what happened in Boston. He gotta make the right decision for the team, not just for himself. Had me out there scrambling late in the game, racking up all those turnovers.”

“Yeah, you was on your butter finger shit, Noah. Like you had just finished eating a bucket of your grandma’s fried chicken something.”

I could always count on Remy to make me laugh even when I didn’t feel like it.

“Shut up, man.” I said as there was a knock on the door. I checked the time on my phone, but I already knew who it was.

“Nephew,” my uncle said when I opened the door. He was dressed in sweats and had his gym bag under his arm. “What’s good, Remy?”

“Now this what I’m talking about! You already know what time it is. Let me run upstairs and change.”
He said as he stood up. “But listen, Noah. Don’t let him take you off your game, man. It’s been getting chippy these past few games, man. Especially with these rookies. Jack Rob, Conroy. Don’t let these young thunder cats stress you out. You are the reigning MVP, fam. They just got here.”

“Your boy is right.”

“I know. I know. And they better not forgot that shit.”

“Well, looks like you may need to remind them. Sometimes you gotta knock some heads.”

“Yeah, I just gotta keep setting myself apart, Unc. Didn’t think I’d have to do it on my own squad though.”

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 21 Feb 2024, 12:11

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 21 Feb 2024, 12:12

Agent

Post by Agent » 21 Feb 2024, 18:24

Skal :kghah: haven't heard that name in a while

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 22 Feb 2024, 02:46

:blessed: NoChet victimizing as usual. Is there any other duos in the league that you would compare?