The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Mar 2023, 00:54

What Happens in Vegas

“I’m glad we only make this trip once a year,” Derek said through a yawn as the players made their way to their hotel rooms.

The Knicks were in Las Vegas for game three of a four game road trip and the grind of an 82-game season was starting to get to the 42-year old veteran a little.

“What you getting into tonight, Cap?” Remy Benoit asked as he stood in the hallway before unlocking his door.

“I’m getting into some sleep. My body needs rest. I’ll be in the gym tomorrow morning down at UNLV. The kids are still out for winter break and the players don’t come back until Wednesday for practice so we will be undisturbed.”

“What you talking about we?”
Mitchell Robinson piped in as he was walking down the hall between them. “Coach didn’t call a practice this week. I’m going to change out of these sweats and head to Caesars.”

“You are the last person that should be heading anywhere considering how you’ve played the last few weeks. You should be in the gym right now,”
Derek answered causing the other players that were in the hall to start laughing.

“Why you always on my ass, man?”

“Somebody needs to be,”
Noah said, standing a few doors down. “Numbers not looking too hot.”

Mitchell stormed in Noah’s direction.

“Kiss my ass, Rook. You don’t run shit around here.”

“Why don’t you direct that energy this way, man.”
Derek said, but he was ignored.

“Not trying to run shit. But I am out here busting my ass every night next to my guys.”

“You’re not better than anybody here. Everybody doesn’t have to be in the gym twenty-four seven. Fake ass Kobe. You’re not gonna stop until this whole team is people you want. It’s not enough you got your uncle in here?”

“I haven’t made one suggestion to Coach Silas or the GM about anybody.”

“Oh, so Unc must be pulling the strings behind the scenes.”

“Again, what are you talking about?”

Players were starting to gather in the hallway.

“You got Wen out and brought your boy in. Because he didn’t want to join in on your private little Breakfast Club work out and film sessions or whatever. Now you’re back to the point guard spot, back to pushing for MVP. How many more of us are you trying to push out of here?”

“You buggin’, bruh. I was in the conversation before and I’m still in the conversation. That don't even matter though. Because I'm all about rings at the end of the day. But I tell you this, my back is definitely hurting from carrying your ass all season though. I’m not worried about any taking my spot and if somebody did take my spot from me, I wouldn’t put up shit numbers on top of that.”

Mitchell grabbed Noah by the front of his shirt, pushing him back against his hotel room door. Before Derek could reach him, Remy had already stepped in.

“This ain’t the fight you want, my boy.”

“You should put forth that much energy on the court, Big Bitch. I mean Big Mitch.”
Derek said.

Mitchell shoved Noah against the door before heading to his room.

“What did I miss?” Coach Silas asked appearing in the hallway.

“Nothing much.” Derek shrugged.

The tension in the hallway was too much for him to ignore, but he wasn’t going to bring it up. He would address it later.

“Shoot around is at 11. Be downstairs at 10. I don’t want you guys at the crap tables all night.”

########################

“Get low, Remy. Get low.”
Derek said. They were playing two on two against Noah and Michael Mitchell. They had been at the gym since 6 that morning and it was almost 8. Michael beat Remy to the basket and went in for an easy layup.

Remy clapped his hands together in disgust. Derek called him over.

“He’s not that much faster than you, but you can’t keep being out of position. I promise you, he would he much rather shoot it. Make him do what you want him to do. Don’t let him dictate your defense. And I’m not switching on the screen.” He smirks.

“Let’s run that one more time, fellas.” He calls over to Michael and Noah.

They run the play again and this time Remy winds up jamming Michael up and forcing him to shoot a tough jumper which hits the side of the rim. Derek gives him a hard pat on the back.

“I will get you on All-Defensive team yet, kid!”

“That was nice. You’re gonna need that type of defense tonight against Gray.”
Coach Silas had come in during their last run and they hadn’t noticed.

“Derek, you guys wrapping up soon?”

“We’re done. I’m gonna ice these knees.”

“Can I talk to the two of you for a second?”

Remy raised his eyebrows and looked over at Michael.

“Yeah. We’re just gonna head out. Shoot around at 11 right?”

“Yeah. We’ll see you back at the hotel. Good run this morning.”

Once Remy and Michael left the gym, the three grabbed chairs from the sideline.

“You wanna talk about last night.”

“Yeah. I obviously walked in on something. What happened?”

“Typical shit,”
Derek said. He recounted the night’s events to Coach Silas.

“Obviously he’s projecting,” Derek continued. “Vegas came to the team with the deal. I don’t think the front office was actively shopping anybody.”

Coach Silas silently took everything in. The front office has been pretty quiet on a new contract for Mitchell, but he didn’t make it a habit to discuss players’ contracts with other players and he wasn’t going to start now. There looked to be plenty of talent in the upcoming draft if they wanted to continue to build a young team. And there would be a few names floating around free agency, Deandre Ayton and Victor Wembanyama among them. Seeing Derek working out with the guys this morning is one of the main reasons he wanted him on the coaching staff once he decided to hang up his sneakers for good.

“I just need to know that you guys are good. Noah, you are our guy. I know it’s only your second year, but the guys look to you. You drive this team. You’re good?”

Noah nodded.

“I’m good, Coach. If I’m nothing else, I’m a professional. I learned from the best.” He said, giving Derek a shove. “I’m gonna keep this team running like the well-oiled machine it is.”

“We have a good core group, Coach. You got a championship squad on your hands. And I’m not just saying that because I’m here.”
He smiled. “Noah, Remy, Mike, Chet. Solid pieces to build on. No ego. Everybody plays their roles. They all wanna win. Ant is coming along. Championship caliber squad.”

Coach Silas nodded again. Derek was right. They were in the middle of a perfect season with a team that has all the makings of a dynasty. He looked at the two players who were going to help cement his legacy as a coach before standing to leave.

“This whole situation stays between us, right?”

“Hey, Coach, what happens in Vegas, right?”
Noah shrugged. “We’ll see you at eleven.”

“Alright. Take that old man to soak his knees, he needs to be ready for tonight.”

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Agent

Post by Agent » 23 Mar 2023, 10:00

Mitchell Robinson is to Draymond Green as Noah Baldwin is to Jordan Poole at practice

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 24 Mar 2023, 22:24

Agent wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 10:00
Mitchell Robinson is to Draymond Green as Noah Baldwin is to Jordan Poole at practice
:iranmaybe:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Mar 2023, 22:50

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Mar 2023, 22:53

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Mar 2023, 22:54

Agent

Post by Agent » 26 Mar 2023, 23:27

It’s gonna be a sad day if the Knicks lose.. you could lose every game for the rest of the season & still finish above .500 :bowdown:

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 29 Mar 2023, 01:29

Have yourself a SZN, NYK :obama:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 29 Mar 2023, 02:46

Agent wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 23:27
It’s gonna be a sad day if the Knicks lose.. you could lose every game for the rest of the season & still finish above .500 :bowdown:
Man, it's gonna be tough. This season is taking longer because I am playing every game. I want to see how far the guys can go.
The JZA wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 01:29
Have yourself a SZN, NYK :obama:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 30 Mar 2023, 19:29