The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2021, 10:37

Agent wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 09:22
#knickstape
Gotta give the city a new hashtag
The JZA wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 20:20
lol Sup with all this Knicks going around? Went a lot lower than expected, was thinking 10-15. Nonetheless, 1st rounder, time to put that rookie contract to good use
As I was getting up to this part I noticed all the Knicks chises going up. lol But we're all different

Just gotta make 19 other teams regret their decisions.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2021, 12:44

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2021, 12:48

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2021, 12:54

NOAH BALDWIN CONTINUES HIS JOURNEY WITH THE KNICKS

FIFTEEN YEARS LATER AND THE BALDWIN LEGACY continues in the NBA. This time it is Noah Baldwin II, the nephew of Future Hall of Famer Derek Baldwin, being drafted by the New York Knicks. And oddly enough, just like his Derek Baldwin being drafted in the 20th spot by the Chicago Bulls in 2013, Noah was drafted in the same spot with the Knicks taking him with the 20th pick in the draft after a trade with the Phoenix Suns. The Knicks traded away a disgruntled Joey Ellis, along with their 24th pick to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for their 20th pick.

After a wildly successful sophomore season with the St. John’s Red Storm, he entered his name into the NBA Draft. While most thought that he would be drafted by the Brooklyn Nets for the opportunity to team up with his uncle, Derek Baldwin, on his quest for a fourth title, it turns out that he wasn’t going to be on the Draft Board for that long with Brooklyn only having the last pick in the NBA Draft this year. He was joined by his mom and his manager in the greenroom, as he waited to learn his fate.

“I can’t wait,” said Baldwin. “I was anxious, but my mom said I would land where I was supposed to and as usual, she was right. I am excited that I get to stay in New York. I don’t have to learn a new city. My uncle and cousin are here, so I have family. And house hunting should be a lot less stressful. I’m blessed to be in this situation.”

Baldwin surprised everyone by deciding to further his education at St. John’s instead of joining up with his home state LSU Tigers. He played for one semester at St. John’s before being declared academically ineligible by the NCAA. Then there was a domestic disturbance incident last summer that threatened to have him removed from the team, and the university, for good.

“It was definitely a cloud that I didn’t want to have hanging over me,” said Baldwin. “My sole purpose my sophomore season was to prove to my teammates and Coach St. Jean, and to my family that I had matured, that I was a leader and that I wanted to be a leader.”

Noah came back with a different mindset last winter. He added more wrinkles to his game and worked to become a more complete player. The NCAA took notice and Baldwin was named College Player of the Year.

“When you have the resources at your fingertips, you can’t let that go to waste. Just like Bronny and Bryce (James), just like Shareef and Shaquir (O’Neal), like Cameron and Cayden (Boozer) or Kiyan (Anthony). My uncle was the best resource ever. He never forced the game on me. I was always the one coming to him with questions, looking for tips. I was always asking him to go to the courts. Even though we’re on rival teams, I’m still going to bug him.”

He dazzled us all this season as we watched him lead the Red Storm deep into the NCAA tournament before being eliminated by LSU in the Elite Eight.

Despite his best efforts, because of his off-court issues, several teams shied away from him for that very reason, despite the obvious NBA pedigree, as he was the seventh point guard taken in this year’s draft. Some thought the Nets were going to make a trade for him since he was still in the green room, but with the Knicks being in need of a backup point guard, they decided to take a gamble on Baldwin with the hopes that he could be a spark that their team needs.

In addition to being drafted in the same spot as his uncle, there is another similarity Noah would love to have: winning a championship his rookie season. The Chicago Bulls had been eliminated by the Miami Heat in the semifinals months before they drafted Derek Baldwin and found themselves winning an NBA Championship the following season, taking down Oklahoma City in 7 games.

“I know most would say it’s a tall order, but it would be great. If not the first season, definitely within the first five years. I would love to bring a championship to the Knicks organization.”

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2021, 12:59

Agent

Post by Agent » 06 Nov 2021, 13:09

That cover is TOUGH :bowdown: let’s go Noah!! It’s always going to be a tall order to want a championship in a league that Derek Baldwin is in. Do the Knicks have decent competition?

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2021, 13:17

Agent wrote:
06 Nov 2021, 13:09
That cover is TOUGH :bowdown: let’s go Noah!! It’s always going to be a tall order to want a championship in a league that Derek Baldwin is in. Do the Knicks have decent competition?
Preciate it. Thought I'd try it out. I love that classic Slam Mag cover.

Nets aside, I think the East is going to be pretty tough. I was able to add some newer players: Mikey Williams, Amari Bailey, Cade Cunningham, Jalen Green and the like.

I think a Knicks-Nets ECF will be pretty nice though.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 09 Nov 2021, 16:42

My guy on the SLAM cover :melo2:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2021, 20:35

The JZA wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 16:42
My guy on the SLAM cover :melo2:
That's when you know you official!

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2021, 20:39

On to the next page.....