The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 11 Oct 2022, 00:21

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 11 Oct 2022, 00:25

Agent

Post by Agent » 11 Oct 2022, 07:02

After they smacked them up in Game 5 I figured it was wraps for the Knicks.
Salute to Unc & good luck in the finals. How many’s he got now?

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Oct 2022, 17:46

Damn man, this series was great between the two. Could've gone either way, but O.G. Baldwin got that experience and knows what it takes. And there's my boys Perk & Reef, the gatekeepers.

Hope DB don't retire soon. Know Noah gonna want another crack at him in the post.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 11 Oct 2022, 21:38

Agent wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 07:02
After they smacked them up in Game 5 I figured it was wraps for the Knicks.
Salute to Unc & good luck in the finals. How many’s he got now?
Game 5 was brutal for the young Knickerbockers. He's going for ring 10

2 with the Bulls
4 with the Clips
3 with the Nets

The JZA wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 17:46

Damn man, this series was great between the two. Could've gone either way, but O.G. Baldwin got that experience and knows what it takes. And there's my boys Perk & Reef, the gatekeepers.

Hope DB don't retire soon. Know Noah gonna want another crack at him in the post.
I knew it was gonna be good. It was always a battle during the season. Unc might have one more season in him. But he will be a free agent this summer. :curtain:

mvp

Post by mvp » 12 Oct 2022, 14:54

lets sweep it

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Oct 2022, 22:58

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Oct 2022, 23:06

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Oct 2022, 23:06

Knicks Exit Interviews 2028-2029
Despite having their season cut short, to say the New York Knicks had impressive season would be an understatement. And they looked like they had fun doing it. The day after their Eastern Conference Finals loss to the Brooklyn Nets, they sat down with reporters to do their exit interviews.

Chet Holmgreen
You all had a lot of success this season. What are your thoughts on the roster for next season to keep that going?

We have a solid roster right now. Not sure what’s going to happen this summer, I’m not even thinking that far ahead. I’m still processing this season, we just played our last game last night. I know we just want to continue to build on what we have and put together a roster that can bring in wins for this club.

Not sure if you can shed any light, but with R.J. Barrett and Sebastio Saramago not signing contracts during the season what does that mean for the team?
I really have no light to shed on it because that’s those guys’ contracts. Hoping that they re-up this summer, but that is totally their call. Everybody has to do what’s best for them at the end of the day. I think we have something great here. We have something really special and we want to keep that going for as long as we can. Whether they’ll be part of it or not, I don’t know.

What are your thoughts on Noah Baldwin and the rookie season that he had?
That guy sucks. (laughs) It was phenomenal. I think he should have been named MVP this season. He just had an amazing run. He definitely gave the team another major dynamic with his style of play. And just for him to put up the numbers he was putting up…I have no words.

With the type of success that you had this season, what do you think you guys can build on? Offense? Defense?
Both. We’ve seen what we can do and we were really close so we want to push ourselves to get to that next level. And that’s winning a championship. We had one of the best averages I think this season. We averaged over 100 points per game all season and kept our opponents to around 92 or 94. The only team that did a better job is the team across the bridge. So, we definitely don’t want those numbers to drop. We just need to tweak a few things here and there, but I think we’re in a good place, we just need to get over the hump.

Are there any wrinkles that you’re looking to add to your game for next season?
More free throws. I want to get to the line more. I live in the paint and I don’t think I get to the line as much as I should. So, I have to figure out how to trick the refs (laughs).

Remy Benoit
What were the highlights for you this season?
It’s too many to name. Getting drafted. Participating in All-Star weekend. Making the playoffs. This was one hell of a rookie season.

Favorite memory this season?
Getting the call that I was going to be part of this team. Getting a chance to play with my guy, Noah. Nobody I’d rather go to war with.

So, you were named the starter this season over Kevin Knox. Then the team trades Knox to Washington for Rui Hachimura, how did you deal with that?
It was weird being drafted in the second round and being named to the starting lineup. I know I probably shouldn’t say this but there were a lot of times that I was unsure of myself. So sometimes I’d be in my head a lot throughout the season. When we signed Rui, I was nervous. I didn’t know what that was going to mean for me, but everything worked itself out. Rui is my guy.

What are you looking to improve on this summer?
Everything. I think I’m in pretty solid shape, but I can always be better. So, I want to improve my three-point game for sure. Improve my mid-range game. I want to become a more diverse scorer. I’m a hustle guy. Everybody knows that. I make the physical plays. I’m diving on the floor. I’m chasing down the loose balls. I’m blue collar, but I want to contribute more on offense.

Ryan Russell
How do you feel about the expectations that were set this season versus what was done?

Best season ever. We definitely exceeded expectations just for ourselves and our organization. Smashed the regular season. We set a new franchise record. So, it was great to be part of that. Making it to the Eastern Conference Finals was amazing. I love the playoffs. I love the intensity and the energy and we just really worked hard.

How would you define how the season went for you?
I had a few injuries, but I had a great year. Being able to compete and bond with these guys. I was just happy playing the game that I love and enjoying the process. I think the season was great. And I think everybody could see that with how we played every night. We just enjoyed being out there with each other.

You announced your retirement midway through the season and you finished with an Eastern Conference Finals Appearance. Are you going ahead with the decision?
Retirement is still happening. Fifteen years is a long time. Wish I could have gone out with a title but making the run that we did was great. But I just want to spend time with my family. I’ll be around.

So, are you thinking coaching position?
I’m not shutting the door to anything.

How was it mentoring Noah Baldwin this season?
It was definitely an experience. That’s always gonna be my rookie. I know his uncle and I’ve played against him most of my career. And in the beginning, I was skeptical to just kind of see how he was gonna come in, but his attitude surprised me. Even with his pedigree he was still open to instruction. He wanted to know everything. So just being able to bring him along and work with him and teach him things. It was incredible. I think he is going to be a great leader for this club, and he is going to be a leader in this league.

Noah Baldwin
What were the highlights for you this season?

There were so many great things that happened for my career and this organization. 67 wins. Franchise record. Eastern conference Finals. Took the defending champs to six games. Rookie of the Year. Participating in my first All-Star game. So many amazing things happened.

What type of feedback have you gotten from the coaches this season?
It’s always been to just be myself. That’s what got me here. Keep working hard. Give 110% every night. Leave it all out there. Continue to push myself and grow my game. Just become more confident in my game and what I can do.

With Ryan’s retirement, do you think you are the team’s leader for next season?
I think I am one of the leaders on this team. Being a point guard, you have to have some leadership qualities. Guys gotta be able to trust you on the floor. And with Ryan being in and out this season, I went from being his backup to being the starter. These guys have played with him for a few seasons, so, just to have their support and that trust and respect from my guys is just a great feeling. It made the game a lot easier for me.

How real was the rookie wall for you?
I mean, the NBA season is twice as long as the college season. I just tried to keep my mental sharp. Tried not to get too bogged down in the daily grind of it. Just reminding myself that I’m doing something that I love every day. But it is a real thing. Some nights, I felt like I was going through the motions, but I was able to push through and just get it done. The support from my teammates was great just getting through those moments.

What did you learn from your teammates?
Playing with the veterans, Ryan, Chet, Mitch, Obi, you know, those guys that have been in the league for a while, just being able to pick their brains about any and everything from being a professional to just all around surviving the grind of the season. Ryan always tried to make time for me this season and I really appreciated that. We’d do check-ins outside of practice just to kind of see where I was and how I was adapting to everything. Even if it was just a FaceTime call while he was out with an injury. He just helped me stay in the moment.

What did you learn from your uncle this season?
That man is vicious as hell. (laughs) But I made sure to give him as he good as I got. We play against each other at home and he’s tough, so I never expected him to take it easy on me at any time. But when he’s out there with his guys, playing in front of these fans, he takes it to another level. Watching it from the stands and being face to face with it is completely different. It made me step my game up for sure. But being on opposite sides, I couldn’t go to him with things. I leaned into my teammates more for guidance and support. I was able to build a bond with them and I think that was very important this season.

What are your plans for the summer?
I want to relax a little bit, spend some time with my family. Get down to New Orleans and get some of my grandma’s cooking. (laughs) The season was long. We played over 90 games. I want to just download everything and process this season. But I definitely plan to do some work. Work on my game, my mental toughness, my body. Just get mentally and physically prepared for next season and the things I want to accomplish. I can't give away the exact regimen. Gotta have some tricks up my sleeve, but I want to be even better. I want to do everything that I can to bring a championship to this city.
Last edited by chosenone58 on 24 Oct 2022, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Oct 2022, 23:08

Agent wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 08:08
Bam & Booker isn't a bad duo but I'm predicting a Knicks/Mavs finals.
You were half right fam