The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Oct 2021, 20:17

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Oct 2021, 20:20

Don't Lose Focus

I throw my towel on the floor and kick over my chair in the locker room.

“Yo, man, you’re going to hurt yourself,” said Michael Mitchell.

“That’s three straight L’s, man.”

“We are going to be okay. We have a couple easy ones coming up and then it’s going to be tournament time. Jermaine will be back. We will turn it on.”

We’d played damn near the entire month without our power forward Jermaine and the struggle was evident. Without him backing up Julian in the post, we were getting banged on down low. Not to mention that I’m playing on a sprained ankle that I refuse to talk about.

Conference games are coming back to back it feels like and rest is few and far between. I was about to respond when Coach St. Jean entered the locker room.

“Listen up. I don’t know what the hell that was tonight, but that was not Red Storm basketball. We’ve been taking these teams down to the wire and just collapsing at the last minute. I’m going to give you guys the next few days off. Get changed. See you on the bus.”

Thirty minutes later, I climbed onto the bus that was taking us to the airport. Coach stopped me as I headed to my seat.

“Sit down, Noah.”

“Sup, Coach?”

“I know it’s easy to get frustrated out there, but I need you to stick to the plan. One game at a time. We know your time is ticking down.”

“I’m just trying to stretch that window as long as I can for us.”

“You can’t win ‘em all though. It looked like you were forcing it tonight. Past couple nights. You’re not playing like yourself.”

“Sorry, Coach.”

“You’re a leader I need you to lead.”

“I hear you, Coach.”
He doesn’t say anything else. I head to my seat as the other guys start to make their way across the parking lot toward the bus.

“And I want you to rest that ankle.”

“How did---”

“Don’t worry about it. Take these next few days off and rest."

“Yes, sir.”

I shake my head and walk to my seat near the back of the bus. I put on my beats headphones and prepare to head back to Queens.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Oct 2021, 20:21

Summary: Noah Baldwin II is a natural point guard who can play on or off the ball. He’s a fierce competitor who wills his team to victory and plays with awesome energy and passion. Baldwin sees the game at a high level and understands the nuances of the game. He’s got elite basketball IQ and competitive fire and is a true leader on the court. In the midst of an impressive sophomore season, he has gone from a mid to late second round projection to mid first round selection.

There are a few red flags with Baldwin II, as he missed most of his freshman season due to academic ineligibility and had a few domestic issues off the court over the summer. Despite these concerns he is still a big time prospect.

He’s lightening quick with the ball and is a strong, well built athlete who can barrel into the lane and adsorb contact on his way to the rim. He’s an aggressive driver who takes advantage of any crease in the defense and can get to the cup in a hurry. Baldwin II can put a ton of pressure on the defense with his transition game and open court ability. Has versatility on both ends of the floor and can play off the ball without losing his effectiveness. From an intangibles standpoint he’s off the charts, showing elite competitive fire, leadership, hustle and a will to win.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 12 Oct 2021, 21:53

What that chair ever did to Noah? :cry:

Noah going to be the next big thing in the NBA providing he get back to winning. That draft stock doesn't raise it-self.

Agent

Post by Agent » 13 Oct 2021, 11:05

My man’s too tough. Plays through the pain. :bowdown:

mvp

Post by mvp » 13 Oct 2021, 17:03

noah's a badass

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Oct 2021, 22:26

The JZA wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 21:53
What that chair ever did to Noah? :cry:

Noah going to be the next big thing in the NBA providing he get back to winning. That draft stock doesn't raise it-self.
Noah don't like to lose
Agent wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 11:05
My man’s too tough. Plays through the pain. :bowdown:
mvp wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 17:03
noah's a badass
He gotta leave it all out there.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Oct 2021, 22:30

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Oct 2021, 22:32

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Oct 2021, 22:32