The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Jul 2022, 13:31

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Jul 2022, 13:49

Home Again

We left Los Angeles Saturday morning and flew straight to New Orleans for our next game without Sebastio. He left the game in the third quarter and was at the hospital dealing with his knee. I tried to get as much rest as possible on the fight because as soon as we checked in, we were heading to my grandparent’s house that evening.

Remy and I pulled up to the gate at Metairie Club Estates and I punched in the code. We drove down Hunter Place before making a left onto Beresford Drive and pulled up to a white two story house. There were a few cars in the driveway meaning there was company.

“Man, Derek set his folks up real nice.”

“You’ve never been to the house?”

“Nah, not this one.”

Derek decided to upgrade my grandparents’ home not long after my little cousin Jordan was born. That way everybody could be home at the same time. They’d only been in this house for about 8 years. But they were still in the same neighborhood. They went from a three bedroom house to a six bedroom estate less than a mile away. I practically grew up in this neighborhood. Anthony Davis still lived at the end of the street. As the years went by a few other Pelicans players moved in and out of the neighborhood as well. But the Brow has always been here.

We climbed out of the car and my grandma was already on the porch in her apron. For a woman who beat breast cancer, she was still active. Nothing can keep her down. I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like she’ll outlive us all. We could hear music coming from the back yard and the smell of crab boil was in the air. I loved being home.

“Look at my boys!” She pulled Remy and I in for a hug.

“Grandma B! Please tell me you have pralines in the kitchen.”

“Yes, but they are not all for you. We have guests. Act like you have manners.”

“Yes, ma’am.”
He looked like someone kicked his puppy.

“I have a second batch for you already packed up.” His smiled so big, I thought his face was going to split in half.

“This is why I love you!” He picked her up and spun her around, giving her a big kiss on the cheek.

“Put me down, boy!” She laughed. “Go on inside. Your parents are here. Make sure your daddy isn’t burning down my house.”

“You left him boiling the crawfish?”
He walked into the house looking for his parents.

“You know, your father is inside too.”

I rolled my eyes at that and take a seat on the porch swing.

“I’ll catch up with him later. What’s up with you? How’s my favorite girl been?”

“So, I am still your favorite? According to your uncle, there is somebody else vying to be your favorite back in New York.”

“Man, Uncle D ain’t nothing but a gossip.”

“He’s not. I asked and he told me. You know he and I don’t have secrets. I thought we didn’t either.”
She said bumping me with her shoulder.

“It’s a new thing. Like real new. She’s a teacher like Mama. She’s Jordan’s teacher actually. I met her when I picked him up from school one day.”

“Mhm. Go on.”

"She’s older.”
She raised her eyebrow at that. “Not a lot. Just like six years. She has a daughter. I haven’t met her yet. She’s a widow.”

“And she’s not looking for an early retirement plan, is she?”

“She hasn’t given me any reason to think so. We haven’t gone on a lot of dates and when we do, it’s never any place fancy. And sometimes she pays. She’s very mature.”

“I just want you to be careful out there in the big city. You have a big heart. And now you’ve got a wallet to match it.”

“I’m good, Grandma. My circle is tight. I got Mama, Uncle D, Aunt Naya, Devin and Carmen and Remy. They’re keeping me in line.”

“Good.”
She patted my shoulder before heading in the house. I was following her in when I saw a red BMW coupe pull into the driveway. I paused to see who was climbing out. It was Remy’s cousin Monica.

“Look who the cat dragged in,” she said as she slid a pair of sunglasses to the top of her head.

“Get over here.” I pulled her into a hug. “What are you doing here, girl?”

“I was in the area for work and Remy told me you guys were hanging out. I didn’t realize your folks stayed over here.” She looked around the neighborhood. “I would love to expand my business to this area of town.”

“Houses don’t go up for sale too often, but you could make a killing.”

“Speaking of, good looking out on the Saints’ rookie wide receiver. Got a nice commission off that condo in the French Quarter.”

“So, is my cut of the commission in the mail or something?”
I pointed at the car.

“Or something.” She laughed. We sat on the porch swing and talked for a little bit. I really hadn’t seen her since Vegas. There was always something about Monica. I couldn’t really describe it. We really hit it off last summer, but then I got busy with school and she was busy with work and that was that. We linked up again in Vegas, but it wasn’t anything serious. She was seeing somebody at the time. Not to mention Remy being a fifth wheel the entire trip.

“Moni in the house!” Remy had made his way back on the porch. “I hope you are ready to eat. Grandma B has all the food. Fried catfish, etouffee, the works! And, um, my daddy is looking for you too.”

I watched as Monica went inside.

“Really, Remy?”

“Yes, really. I’m trying to save your ass, playboy. I don’t think you wanna get put in detention for cheating in class, right? I know you and Monica vibe like that. Let’s get something to eat.”

I just laughed and followed him in the house. He was right, but I wasn’t gonna tell him that. It was good to be home.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Jul 2022, 13:50

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Jul 2022, 13:51

Agent

Post by Agent » 23 Jul 2022, 15:07

Hometown fans praying Noah comes home sometime in his pro career

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 24 Jul 2022, 14:23

Agent wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 15:07
Hometown fans praying Noah comes home sometime in his pro career
Anything can happen in these 2k chises. Unc managed to avoid it mostly because of his wife's career, but who knows what will happen once the rookie deal is up.

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 24 Jul 2022, 21:01

Noah is a constant triple-double threat :bowdown:
× A New Horizon ×
× Watching: X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Jul 2022, 09:19

kibaxx7 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 21:01
Noah is a constant triple-double threat :bowdown:
Try to make him as well-rounded as possible.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Jul 2022, 09:25

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Jul 2022, 09:25