The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2022, 01:23

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2022, 01:30

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2022, 01:35

Summer Lovin'

“I can’t believe you are growing your hair out.”

“I can’t believe you didn’t think I could.”

“What twenty-one year old do you know that just shaves his head on purpose?”

“My shaved head makes me look older.”

“Well, I think I like this look. More hair on your head, less on your face. It’s cute.”

“It’s like when Iverson cut his braids out, but in reverse, I guess.”
Remy interjected, getting a chuckle from Iris.

After weeks of begging, Kori had finally introduced Remy to her friend Iris. We decided to go to Miami for a few days since her parents were keeping Isabella for a couple weeks this summer. Ever since she insisted on us slowing down, we have really slowed things down. I did not expect her to agree to leave the state with me. Thank God for Iris. The NBA Draft was about to take place, and I just wanted to get out of the city and away from all of that excitement about the next crop of great NBA talent.

We rented a place in Bal Harbour so we could have our space. Of course, I couldn’t escape all of my responsibilities. Devin managed to set up a few meetings with companies wanting to be part of the Noah Baldwin brand. My guy was always on the job. I don’t think he knows how to relax. We had breakfast by the pool, rented a yacht for a cruise around Miami for Kori’s birthday (something she neglected to tell me), then we did a little shopping. Finally, it was time for her birthday dinner.

We had just placed our order at the Surf Club when I heard a familiar voice. Two voices actually.

“Noah?”

No way. Not in Miami.

“What’s up, Syd.” Remy stood from his seat and gave her a quick hug before he started making introductions. “This is Iris, and this is Kori. Ladies, this is Sydni. A friend from back home. Plays for the Las Vegas Aces. And that is--”

“Brady McNicholls.”
Brady extended his hand to the two women at our booth introducing himself before Remy could finish. “Las Vegas Raiders.”

“We know who you are, Brady,”
said Iris. “Well, I do. I can’t speak for Kori. If it’s not the Sixers or, as of late, the Knicks, she’s not paying attention.”

“Iris, don’t start. Nice to meet you, Brady.”

“Noah, good to see you again my man.”

“Yeah. Haven’t seen you since what, All-Star Weekend?”

I ignored Sydni’s look that said not to bring up that one-on-one matchup at the pop-up shop.

He smiled, but it was forced.

“Yeah, well, we’re in town a little early for Syd’s game. Thought we’d come out and have some dinner. Let my girl enjoy the city a little bit.” He threw his arm across her shoulders.

My smug look dropped a little. I hadn’t been keeping up with the WNBA schedule or I would not have scheduled my trip to Miami this weekend. The Miami Sol was one of the two teams that were reinstated as part of the WNBA about 3 years ago as the league started to see their revenue start to take off. The Houston Comets was the other.

“Yeah, we’d better get to our table. Come on, Brady.” She removed his arm from her shoulders and tugged his elbow to gently move in the direction where their hostess was still standing. “See you guys around.”

“You guys should come to the game. We can leave tickets, right, babe?”
Brady asked.

“Yeah, but I’m sure they have plans.”

“We’ll have to check our schedule. Enjoy your evening.”
I said.

##################################

After drinks and clubbing on South Beach we finally made our way back to the house. Remy headed to his and Iris’ room, Iris and Kori headed toward the room she and I shared upstairs, while I made my way to the kitchen for a bottle of water. I think we agreed on brunch at noon, which was about 7 hours from now. I decided to use one of the many bathrooms downstairs to wash the Miami night off me while they had their girl talk. I heard Iris’ voice in the hallway, so I assumed it was safe to go back to my room. As I passed her on the stairs, she stopped me.

“Be honest with her. My girl is not stupid.”

I gave a tight nod and readjusted my towel. Before I got to the door, Iris called my name.

“Today was a great day. Probably one of the best birthdays she’s had in a while.”

“Thanks for giving me the heads up. I didn’t do too much right? I didn’t want to come off as one of those guys that impresses people by throwing his money around.”

“Nah, you did good. It’s not like you bought her a Rolls Royce or anything.”
She smiled a little. “Just clear up whatever this mess was tonight.”

I nodded again and opened the door. When I entered the room, I saw Kori sitting at the dresser wearing only a bathrobe. Her hair was tied up and a song by Chloe Bailey was coming through the Bluetooth speaker. She gave me a small smile as I looked through my suitcase for some shorts to sleep in.

“Kinda tense, huh?” She asked, breaking the silence.

“Nah, I’m good.”

“No, I mean at dinner, earlier. You and Sydni have a history?”

“Yes and no.”

She raised her eyebrows in my direction, signaling she wanted me to continue.

“It’s complicated. We met the summer before my sophomore year at St. John’s and kicked it a little bit. We’d hoop, go out to eat, just chill. Then she headed back to Spain to play basketball for the season. So, we’d chop it up every couple weeks or so when time permitted.”

I paused to gauge the look on her face. She looked calm. Intrigued. Not upset. My uncle said you have to watch out when women get like that. But I pushed through. This was all before her and I had nothing to hide.

“There always seemed to be something there, or at least I thought so, but neither of us really spoke on it or even acted on it. Nothing physical. Ever. She came back home after getting a call from the Las Vegas Aces. I was training for the draft. She moved across the country, I got drafted by the Knicks and that was that.”

“That was that?”

“Yeah.”

“And Brady?”

“Ever since I met him last summer for the WNBA All-Star Game, it’s always been like a pissing contest. You know? I don’t know what she told him about us, but he’s always smug around me.”

“Seems like it’s working.”

“It did for a while.”
I walked over to the table and put my hands on her shoulders. “But then I met you.”

“Smooth, Kid.”
She chuckled.

“Seriously, Kori. I was just surprised when I saw them tonight. Out of all the restaurants in Miami, they walked into the one that we were sitting in. I was just surprised to see them.”

“So, nothing to worry about?”

“Nope. Nothing. I’m with you. Go take a shower, so we can go to bed. I think Iris expects us at brunch in like five hours or some shit.”

“Sweetie, Iris will not be awake in five hours. And once I get done in the shower, neither will you.”

I smiled at that. “It’s your birthday, so I thought it was about you?”

“I never said it wouldn’t be about me.”

With a kiss on my cheek, she left the room.

Looks like we might be speeding things up a bit tonight.

Last edited by chosenone58 on 09 Nov 2022, 21:59, edited 2 times in total.

Agent

Post by Agent » 07 Nov 2022, 10:30

my boy getting the cheeks!

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2022, 00:20

Agent wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 10:30
my boy getting the cheeks!

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2022, 20:29

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2022, 21:05

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2022, 21:12

Agent

Post by Agent » 10 Nov 2022, 07:03

Matt Barnes kids ah shiiit

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 10 Nov 2022, 17:19

Agent wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 07:03
Matt Barnes kids ah shiiit
All the next gen hoopers are here.