The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Dec 2022, 22:10

mvp wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 08:19
drew league is a dope touch
Thanks man. Thought it'd be cool. I've written about the summer things in past chises, but being able to visually put them in here is cool
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Dec 2022, 22:48

California Dreamin' (Part 2)

Our time in Los Angeles was coming to an end and we decided to spend some time driving up the Pacific Coast Highway before taking a walk at the Santa Monica Pier. It sounds touristy as hell, but that’s all I wanted to do. Kori had never been to L.A., so she literally did every touristy thing that she could think of while she was here.

After some walking, stopping for photos and some autograph signing (I tried to be as low key as possible, but once one person spots you it’s over) we headed back to my uncle’s house in Los Feliz. They sent Jordan and the twins to their grandparents and hired a private chef for the evening. Apparently, this was their attempt at getting to know Kori better outside of the realm of being Jordan’s teacher. My mom had given me the heads up about this so-called dinner and opted to stay at her hotel for the night since she had already spent time with Kori in New York.

At least my grandparents weren’t there to add fuel to the fire. This was going to be embarrassing enough. Aunt Naya is very protective of me. Even though she is the one that kind of helped bring this union together. She’s been part of my life since I was eight years old. I’m as much her nephew as any of her siblings’ kids. I was technically her first nephew, since her brother’s son, Ricci, wasn’t born until a year after she and my uncle started dating.

The conversation started easy enough. Kori talked about her time in Los Angeles. My uncle and I talked about the upcoming season. Aunt Naya talked about the movie she was finishing up. They expect it to be released for Valentine’s Day next year. Then somewhere between dinner and dessert, things took a bit of a turn.

“Kori, I’m just going to tell you now that I get really overprotective when it comes to my boys.”

“Oh, I’ve seen you at the school a few times for Jordan.”

“And that same energy extends to all of the men in my life. So, I just need to know what your intentions are with our nephew.”

“Wow. We’re getting right to it, huh, Auntie?”

“I thought it was some sort of teacher crush that he was trying to work out, but he seems to be quite taken by you. And I know that as an older woman and a mother, you may have needs and expectations for your life that most girls Noah’s age aren’t really concerned about.”

“My auntie still thinks I’m thirteen. Let me just move this bottle of wine to the other end of the table.”

She grabbed the bottle before I could move it. I looked to my uncle for help, but he just shrugged.

“Now, Noah has always been mature for his age," she continued. “And I mean you are gorgeous, so I was not surprised when he wanted to ask you out.”

“Thank you, I think.”

“My boys have big hearts. I’ve seen it firsthand in my husband, my son, my father-in-law, and definitely my nephew. And I am aware and sensitive to your history, so I think that’s what begs me to ask the question, where do you see this all going?"

“You don’t have to answer that, Kori.”

“It’s fine.”
She smiled. “I think it’s really sweet. As of right now, I think our intentions are the same. We’re just enjoying getting to know each other and seeing where things take us.”

“But this is your second trip out of town together, I would think that’s pretty serious. Derek and I started travelling together about seven months into our relationship, and he dropped the L-word on me near the end of that trip.”

“Babe.”
My uncle tried to interject, but she was on a roll.

“You two have been seeing each other for what, six months? I understand that you may need time, but are you ready to entertain a relationship with Noah? Like I said, you’re in a different space in life and you may be looking for more stability. Barring any injuries, Noah’s career is more than likely to mirror his uncle’s. Being friends with a pro athlete and dating one are completely different.”

I wanted to hear Kori’s answer, but I didn’t want to put her on the spot.

“Yeah, but we have talked about our situation, you know I am as low key as they come. We’ve only been official for like four months. Besides, we are still taking it slow, Auntie.”

“So, slow as in you two haven’t…”

“Yeah, babe, I think that’s enough wine for tonight,”
my uncle cut in. He managed to successfully move the bottle out of her reach. I started to slump down in my chair, Kori leaned over to give me a kiss on the cheek. Leave it to Aunt Naya to make an awkward moment even more awkward.

“He has been a perfect gentleman. Even with that run-in with Sydni in Miami last month.”

“Sydni? Sydni Franklin? I didn’t hear about this.”
She gave my uncle a look.

“Um, yeah, you wanna help me with this dessert, Nephew?” He quickly got up from the table and walked toward the kitchen. “We’ll bring the food and drinks downstairs ladies.”

When we got to the media room, I noticed a couple video game cases on the couch.

“Unc, you had time to get on the sticks and didn’t call me?”

“Nah, I just got this in.”

“2K Thirty? Oh, this the new shit. Legend Edition. Check you out, OG.”

“I’m actually partial to this one,”
Kori said. She handed me another video game case. I looked down at my face staring back up at me.

“I asked them if I could give it to you,” my uncle said. “This is major. I remember my first cover. I wanted to be able to share this moment with you.”

“This shit is wild.”
I couldn’t stop smiling. My first video game over. Rookies don’t get the opportunity often. Zion Williamson may have been the last rookie to grace the cover of 2K.

“Congratulations, Sweetie,” Aunt Naya said. “Now are we going to watch my movie or what?”

After watching the latest James Bond movie Devil May Care, that my aunt just happened to star in and won an Oscar for Best Original Song for, we decided to head back to the Carlyle. I noticed Kori and Naya talking again. I gave them a few minutes before I decided to head in that direction and give my aunt a hug. She held on for a second longer and whispered, “She’s a keeper, baby boy. I know you think I’m crazy, but I know what I’m doing.”

My uncle walked us to the car, tapping my shoulder to stop me just a few feet away. I unlocked the car, so Kori didn’t have to wait outside. Besides, I didn’t know what my uncle was going to say. He handed me his phone, showing me an open text message thread.

I’m gon pull up Saturday. Don’t skip town.

I look at the sender’s name and then back at the message and back at my uncle.

“Is he for real?”

“I think so.”

“That’s crazy. He’s like forty-five.”

“Cuttino Mobley was still playing at that age.”

“All this because of one game?”

“It’s amazing what you’ll do for family. I mean look at me. Playing for the damn New York Knicks.”
He laughed.

“That was your call, but I sure wasn’t about to talk you out of it.”

I sent a quick text to Remy and gave him the run down. I already knew what his response was going to be.

“Let’s run it back, Unc.”

I started to walk away and he called me back over to him.

“You are hitting that, right?”

“You and your wife deserve each other.”
I laughed.

“That wasn’t an answer.”

“Come on now, Unc. You know how I do.”

“My man.”
He gripped my hand and gave me a one-armed hug. I told him we would strategize tomorrow and then I jogged over to the car. I climbed in and sat there for a minute before starting the engine and backing out of the driveway.

“You good? You have a weird look on your face.” she said.

“Yeah. Thanks for putting up with my aunt’s crazy back there. My family can be a little extra.”

“I mean, I get it. That’s part of being your, what did you call it?”

I smiled. “My Lil’ Yeah.”

“Yeah.”
She smiled back. I turned my attention back to the road.

“What was all that whispering about before we left?”

“Nothing really. I just told her that you have been very understanding of my being a widow and having a young daughter and that you’ve let me go at my own pace. I know that you can have your picks and chooses. You are young and this may not be the ideal situation for you—”

“But I told you I don’t care about all that. I’m with you because I want to be with you.”

“I know and I appreciate that very much. But the moment this doesn’t feel right for either of us, we will say so. Agreed?”

I cringed a little at that. I don’t think this will ever not feel right between us. But I knew she was waiting for an answer. “Agreed.”

“I mean, at least she didn’t accuse me of being a gold digger. At least I don’t think she did.”

“No. But like she said, the Baldwin men fall in love fast and hard.”

“So, you’re in love me now is what you’re saying?”

“What?”

“That’s what I’m hearing, Noah. I got your nose wide open. That is what I heard, and I am rolling with that.”
She said laughing.

“Someone is awfully full of themselves tonight. Between Miami and this trip though….let’s just say I like you enough.”

We laughed.

“I’ll keep that in mind. So, speaking of whispering, what was that all about with your uncle back there?”

“I know you’re supposed to go back day after tomorrow, but do you think you can extend your trip until Sunday? Something important came up and I really want you there.”

“Sure, I can call my parents in the morning. I’m sure they won’t mind keeping Bella a few more days. But are you going to even tell me what the conversation was about?”

“You’ll see.”

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Dec 2022, 23:24

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Dec 2022, 23:38

Agent

Post by Agent » 07 Dec 2022, 06:53

Gotta get that legends edition!

mvp

Post by mvp » 07 Dec 2022, 09:20

2k30.. life is coming fast :obama:

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 10 Dec 2022, 15:05

Gonna wait a sale. MyCareer be too much of a grind :troll:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Dec 2022, 19:39

Agent wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 06:53
Gotta get that legends edition!
:melo2:

mvp wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 09:20
2k30.. life is coming fast :obama:
Time flies when you're having fun
ShamWowNY wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 10:29
Baldwin boys securing that 2K bag
:yep: :yep:
The JZA wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 15:05
Gonna wait a sale. MyCareer be too much of a grind :troll:
Come on, man!

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Dec 2022, 19:40

Okay, we back!