The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Jun 2021, 15:27

I started working on this last summer, but because of where I wanted to start it, I had to finish up the Nets' current season first. Numerous setbacks with trying to recreate NBA and college rosters to have things replicated in the current Derek Baldwin universe and having the game constantly crash on me without saving my CAPs was a pain in the ass and I was actually going to chunk the whole thing, but I paced myself. I didn’t think it was going to take this long, but we are finally here.

I wanted to see this story through a fresh lens. I’ve taken Derek Baldwin through his entire career, from his rookie season to retirement, to a coaching career that led to his eventual return to the hardwood. Now, it’s time to see what his nephew’s journey will be.

This story begins at the end of Noah’s freshman season with St. John’s, where Derek Baldwin’s story ended as well (which is why I had to finish it first). The 2027 college season will run concurrent with the NBA season (I simmed that season on 2K18), and although I’m reporting only college games, there will be some NBA updates thrown in.

Hope you guys enjoy the next installment.
Last edited by chosenone58 on 27 Jun 2021, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Jun 2021, 15:28

Season by Season
2028-2029(New York Knicks):
23ppg; 4.5rpg; 7.4apg; 1.0spg; 0.6bpg; .548 FG%; .387 3P%, .855 FT%
2029-2030(New York Knicks): 22.6ppg; 6.0rpg; 8.9apg; 1.4spg; 0.4bpg; .555 FG%; .360 3P%, .875 FT%

Awards & Accolades
NBA Champion (2030)
2x - NBA All-Star (2029, 2030)
Slam Dunk Champion (2030)
Rookie of the Year (2029)
MVP (2030)
All-Rookie 1st Team (2029)
2x - All-NBA 1st Team (2029, 2030)
All-Defensive First Team (2030)
Last edited by chosenone58 on 26 Nov 2023, 11:28, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Jun 2021, 15:29

2027-28
NBA Champions: New York Knicks
MVP: Shareef O’Neal (BKN)
ROY: Geoffrey House (OKC)
DPOY: Alton Strawberry (SEA)
6MOTY: Dennis Smith, Jr. (DAL)
MIP: Luigi Rancati (POR)
COY: Kobe Bryant (BKN)

2028-29
NBA Champions: Brooklyn Nets
MVP: Keith Perkins (BKN)
ROY: Noah Baldwin II (NYK)
DPOY: Chet Holmgren (NYK)
6MOTY: Adam Demps (BKN)
MIP: Thon Maker (ATL)
COY: Kobe Bryant (BKN)

2029-30
NBA Champions:New York Knicks
MVP: Noah Baldwin (NYK)
ROY: Keegan Beverly (POR)
DPOY: Cameron Boozer (MIA)
6MOTY: Derek Baldwin (NYK)
MIP: James Wiseman (GSW)
COY: Stephen Silas (NYK)

2030-31
NBA Champions
MVP
ROY
DPOY
6MOTY
MIP
COY

2031-32
NBA Champions
MVP
ROY
DPOY
6MOTY
MIP
COY

2032-33
NBA Champions
MVP
ROY
DPOY
6MOTY
MIP
COY
Last edited by chosenone58 on 26 Nov 2023, 10:50, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2028 - ???)

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Jun 2021, 15:38

Prologue: Study Wrong, Study Long (March 2027)

“And that will do it for the St. John’s Red Storm as they fall to the Georgetown Hoyas, by a score of seventy-three to sixty-six. Hoyas freshman point guard, Dennis Hawkins, got a lot of burn tonight after senior Tyrell Crayton went down with a sprained ankle.”

“Dennis the Menace is what they call him! And now we see why, Greg. He was all over the place. Certainly, caused enough problems for the Red Storm tonight. It does make me wonder how things would have played out had St. John’s own freshman, Noah Baldwin II, been on the floor tonight.”

“All we can do is wonder, Chris. Maybe we’ll have our answer next season if he can regain his eligibility. He changes the entire make up of this team and we saw that in just his first handful of games. I’m talking NCAA tournament, man.”

“Championship?”

“Maybe. Sweet Sixteen appearance at the very least. I’m getting excited thinking about it. Noah, if you’re watching, please come back! We need you! We—”

I turn off the television and look down at the Calculus book in my lap. I don’t know why I tortured myself by watching the game today. My teammates were playing less than ten miles away from me and I was stuck in my uncle’s condo in Brooklyn Heights, studying. Not that it’s a bad place to study, but I should be out hooping right now.

I place the book on the table and walk to the kitchen to find something to eat. I open the pantry and grab a pack of cookies and some milk from the fridge. My aunt buys it by the quart because she hates when my uncle drinks out of the container. He’s like 40 years old and this is the shit that he does. Their house is quiet, too damn quiet. The entire family is out. My aunt is in Europe filming a movie. My cousins are visiting their grandparents in Los Angeles for the week. Unc had a few road games coming up over the next couple weeks, so he put the kids on a plane to spend time with our grandparents in New Orleans. I could have caught a couple games, but I’m sort of punished. So, I’ve pretty much got the place to myself this week.

I say sort of because I’m 19-years old. Who punishes a 19-year old? I’m something like a grown ass man. But I’m also a broke ass college student. And Uncle D said if I had done what I was supposed to in the classroom, I would have been in New York anyway, so why should he take me on the road for Spring Break.

My answer was because I had a rough year and I could use the break. He looked like he wanted to knock my head off. So, here we are. As I’m contemplating the rest of my life, I get a text from my tutor, James, letting me know that he was downstairs. From the minute Uncle D found out that I wasn’t playing this semester because of my grades, he has been on my ass. Something about embarrassing the family and I could have gone to school in Louisiana for all this. I think he’s just scared of my grandma. He told her he would look after me. I grab my textbook and shove it into my backpack along with some snacks and lock up the condo. This is going to be a long semester.

As much as I hate studying, I have to get my shit together so I can get back on the team in the winter. I’ve already talked to Coach St. Jean about it and if I’m being honest, I just kind of let my first semester get away from me. I had taken a few classes last summer to try and get a jump on the school year, but everything was just kind of amped up by the time the actual school year started. The campus was full. Parties. Girls. More parties. Day trips to DC to hang out at Howard. More girls.

Then basketball season got underway. I don’t think I’ve ever practiced this much in my life. I had to prove myself. You know, being the nephew of a future NBA Hall of Famer and whatnot. Can the kid really ball or is he just getting by on his uncle’s name? So, I had to go hard every day. Then put in some more work after hours. But when they say “student-athlete” they mean that shit, baby. Fall semester grades came in and mine were trash, messed up my GPA by this much and I wasn’t able to play this semester. I just wanted to ball. And I am good at it. Coach gave me the start midway through November, and I was on a roll ever since, I had the attention of the ladies because of my looks and the scouts because of my name and my game.

Baldwin.

Yeah, as in that Baldwin. 7-time NBA Champion, 3-time NBA MVP, 2-time Olympic gold medalist, Derek Fuckin’ Baldwin. My uncle is a living legend. 39 years old and having a second run at his NBA career with the Brooklyn Nets. I know it sounds crazy, but they’ve already won a championship and they are putting together a legendary season to win a second title. I’d be more shocked if they lost this year.

So, that’s the legacy that I’m being expected to live up to right now just to kind of give you an idea. I decided to play at St. John’s because I wanted to be closer to my uncle, who has been more like a dad to me than my actual dad. But it’s kind of bad when your uncle is balling out the next borough over. I mean the perks were great, but on the court, everything was so loud. It was easier in middle school because he had retired by then, so he was just my uncle. Even when he had gone back to just being a coach while I was in high school, it wasn’t bad. Even when he played that half season, but the minute he announced that he was returning for another run, everything changed. I had already signed on at St. John’s so there wasn’t much I could do. And when you’re playing in NYC, things get magnified on a whole other level. Reporters talk about me for one minute and then talk about Derek for the other four.

I was hoping to shake things up and go one and done, maybe play for the Nets before Unc hangs them up for real, but that just wasn’t in the cards. Fucking grades. Like my grandma always says though, “you study wrong, you study long.” This is definitely about to be a long journey. But I was built for this. I have to start carving out my own legacy.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 27 Jun 2021, 23:15

Image Here we go booooooyyyyyeeeeee!!

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 28 Jun 2021, 00:47

The JZA wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 23:15
Image Here we go booooooyyyyyeeeeee!!

Agent

Post by Agent » 28 Jun 2021, 08:54

Don’t fret. Unc never gonna retire from the league. Derek Baldwin year 30

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Jul 2021, 20:27

Agent wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 08:54
Don’t fret. Unc never gonna retire from the league. Derek Baldwin year 30
Bionic man that Derek Baldwin

Caesar

Post by Caesar » 06 Jul 2021, 20:35

Noah needs to get to the league before his uncle retires and dunk on him to re-establish supremacy at Thanksgiving.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 12 Jul 2021, 08:09

man on some harry potter shit dropping all these hits back to back to back