The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Agent

Post by Agent » 01 Nov 2022, 08:03

41. Congrats on the another one, Derek. :bowdown:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Nov 2022, 23:34

djp73 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 07:35
finna get the Knicks a ring? :hmm:
Anything is possible here :curtain:
Agent wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 08:03
41. Congrats on the another one, Derek. :bowdown:
Preciate it. 10 rings in 11 seasons. :obama:
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

mvp

Post by mvp » 03 Nov 2022, 10:04

chosenone58 wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 23:34
Preciate it. 10 rings in 11 seasons.
unprecedented.

Agent

Post by Agent » 03 Nov 2022, 10:51

chosenone58 wrote:
An amazing & untouchable basketball career....

yet Bill Russell's record STILL holds the test of time :ooo:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Nov 2022, 22:14

mvp wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 10:04
chosenone58 wrote:
Preciate it. 10 rings in 11 seasons.
unprecedented.
8-)
Agent wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 10:51
chosenone58 wrote:
An amazing & untouchable basketball career....

yet Bill Russell's record STILL holds the test of time :ooo:
:curtain:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Nov 2022, 22:36

A Moment with the Champ

The clock runs out in Barclays Center as Remy and I watch the Brooklyn Nets take home their fourth straight championship. Four times in a row. That’s gotta be tough. But it looks like he’s going out on top. I know Unc is on top of the world right now. I’m happy for him. And I know it probably seems weird that we’re sitting in the arena watching the team that eliminated us from the Eastern Conference Finals. And if this was any other team, I wouldn’t even watch on television, but this is family. He taught me everything I know about the game. I haven’t missed an NBA Finals since he took home his first championship in 2014 against Oklahoma City and I wasn’t about to start now.

I’m half listening to Commissioner Silver before my uncle gets handed the Bill Russell Finals MVP trophy. He thanks God, the fans, his teammates, and his family. The usual. Then the team is left to celebrate.

I check my phone to see that I got a text from my aunt asking if I’m going to the after party at TRUTH. I respond in the affirmative and I tell her that Remy and I will see her there.

“Remy, we need to get out of here and head to the club before it gets packed.”

“I thought we had VIP access and shit?”

“We do, but we still need to get moving, they’re doing a small cocktail hour before the real partying begins and I don’t know about you, but I need to change.”

When we got to TRUTH a little over an hour later, it was about a fourth of the way full, but there was a line outside, so it was sure to be packed in no time. By the time we wrapped up the private reception, there were people in every possible space in the place. We were headed towards the door when Uncle Derek grabbed us both and asked us to fall back for a second. Everybody was still giving hugs and words of congratulations on the win and asking about his impending retirement. Once the room cleared out, he grabbed a bottle of Ace of Spades and asked us to follow him to the roof.

Looking at the view from up here, New York City just seemed to go on forever.

Uncle Derek gestured the bottle toward both of us and we held out our glasses.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” He asked as he poured the champagne. “All lit up like this.”

“Yeah, Unc. What’s up, man? You know the party is downstairs right?”

“I just wanted to tell you boys that I’m proud of you. And even though we were on different teams, I kept a close eye on you guys this season and I think if you can stick together, you’ll be a force to be reckoned with in the East.”

“So, you saying the Nets are just gonna topple without you?”

“Hell, nah. The squad is good. If Kobe and Melo can keep them together for the next few seasons and barring any injuries? They got at least one more title in them in the next three years. If you can keep it together, they’ll see you in the Eastern Conference Finals again.”

“Yeah, them boys across the bridge are pretty tough,” Remy said.

“But I just wanted to tell y’all that I think y’all got next. There was a lot of talent in your draft class, but I think you guys can rise above it all. Y’all battled us all season. Down to game six of the damn Eastern Conference Finals. Respect.”

“Respect.”
We both answered.

“You’re in the city that everybody always has its eyes on. Whether the Knicks are winning or losing, everyone has their eyes on New York. There’s always somebody out there that may not have ever seen you play before, so be sure to give everything you’ve got every night. Take care of the game and she will take care of you. I promise y’all that. And know that you can always call me if you need me.”

“You’re not going back into coaching, Unc?”

“Or you could run with the Knicks one time,”
Remy said smirking.

“I don’t know what I want to do. Go back to being a stay-at-home dad maybe. I was with Jordan the first three years of his life. That was cool. Let Naya focus more on her work. Mentor a few players. Might do an elite academy this summer for up and coming NBA players. Players that I can trust with my secrets and tutelage.” He pointed to his ring from last year and said, “Money can’t buy this. You gotta be willing to put in the work and sacrifice.”

Remy’s eyes light up at that.

“Sign me up for that shit, D. For real. I hate that I missed all the mini sessions during school.”

My uncle gives a smile and a nod. “You already know, Rem. I’ll see you for summer workouts at The Summit in August. I want y’all to have some fun tonight though.”

He holds his glass up and we clink them against each other.

“Cheers, man. Congratulations on another championship.”

“It’s a beautiful thing, fellas.”
He starts walking toward the door. “You’ll have your own soon enough. I’ll see y’all inside.”

Remy and I just stand there for a second after he disappears from our view.

“I wish we could have had him on the squad for one season. Having him in the locker room and at practice every day. We’d probably go undefeated.”

“No doubt. But you know he doesn’t practice every day, right? Dude might show up like two or three times a month.”

“I feel you. Elite shit. But, you believe he’s retiring for real for real?”

“Sounds like it, but we’ll see what happens. Might hit us with some Tom Brady shit this summer.”

We shared a laugh before downing the rest of our champagne and heading back into the club.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Nov 2022, 22:37

END OF SEASON 1

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Nov 2022, 22:55

Just a heads up there will be a bit of offseason activity/cut scenes before the second season begins.

Agent

Post by Agent » 04 Nov 2022, 05:35

Tom Brady comparison :o oh man Derek got another 6 seasons left in the tank!

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 05 Nov 2022, 12:20

Agent wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 05:35
Tom Brady comparison :o oh man Derek got another 6 seasons left in the tank!