The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2021, 20:44

Movin' On Up

“What do you think about this one, Ma?”

It’s been two weeks since I was drafted by the Knicks and I was finally getting a chance to look for a place of my own. I had been crashing on my uncle’s couch since I declared for the Draft in April. It was mostly to train, get me away from campus where I was getting hounded by students and reporters alike. It would be a little harder for them to make it to the tenth floor of Uncle D’s building. He had set me up with his realtor, Chad.

I would have moved into his building in Brooklyn Heights, but there wasn’t anything available and I wanted to be closer to Madison Square Garden anyway.

“Why does it matter what I think? You’re going to be living here, son.”

“And you’re going to live a few floors down. You promised.”

I told my mom once I got drafted I wanted her to retire from her job teaching and move to New York. She could relax, decide what passions she wanted to pursue and I would make it happen. She gave up a lot becoming a mother at 21. I felt like this was the least I could do for her. Once Uncle D got drafted, he always made sure we were straight, but my mom still kept her job. She didn’t want to become dependent on his money. Not like my pops. His ass was ready to kick back and collect checks. When Uncle D returned to the NBA to coach, after much convincing, she agreed to let him pay my tuition to Newman. And he would always send her some money every month to just treat herself, which she rarely did, but all of that was going to stop now that I had signed my contract with the Knicks. Even though it was a rookie contract, I was still a first round pick so it was nothing to scoff at. I also have two endorsement deals locked up, one with Beats and another with Panini. And I have a meeting with Nike at the end of the week to talk about signing with my uncle’s Dark Horse brand. I’m either wearing his shoes or Kobe’s, that’s no question. So, I’ll be good on a money front. My NBA contract was money that could be saved.

“That’s right, that’s right. I did. Anywhere you choose, I’m sure will be fine. Just make sure I have a nice view.”

The condo was simple enough. It had two bedrooms, two bathrooms. Nice sized kitchen. It even had a terrace. And it was high enough that I actually had views of the city. The building had a doorman, game room and a real chill rooftop lounge, but apparently Chad wanted to save the best for last.

“You’re really going to love this, Noah.” The elevator doors opened and there was a full length basketball court. There were six baskets and one of the walls was complete glass with the fitness center behind it.

“Why didn’t we start here, Chad?”

“I knew this would be a no brainer. So, I wanted to make sure you liked the rest of the building first.”

I take a picture of the court and text it Remy, then I call Uncle D on FaceTime to show him the court.

“I knew you’d love it. I’ve been there a few times. What does Adrian think about it?”

“Mom said she’s cool with whatever, as long as she has a view.”

“That’s what’s up. It’s gonna be great to have more family in the city full-time. Jordan and the twins are gonna be excited.”

“Yeah. You sure you can’t get grandma and grandpa up here?”

“Man, I had hell trying to get Mama to Cali a few years ago. You know they’re not leaving Louisiana if they don’t have to. I’m glad you like the spot though. We can get some work in on that court whenever you’re ready.”

“Bet. Talk to you later.”

I hang up the phone and see that Remy texted me back saying that he liked the spot. I tell him there is a few more units available if he’s interested. He said he would come down tomorrow to check it out. Having that indoor court reminds me of my uncle’s place in Los Angeles. He had a half court on the lower level of his house.

I look walk around the court some more and then I call Sydni. She answered immediately, but she sounded out of breath.

“What’s up, Noah?”

“You breathing heavy, girl. You busy?”

She laughed. “No, Paige and I are out running. What’s going on with you?”

“Tell her what’s up. I was just calling to let you know I think I found a place in Manhattan. It’s real nice. Two bedrooms. Building has a rooftop lounge and an indoor court and everything.”

“Sounds nice. I can’t wait to come through and challenge you on that court when I come to town in a couple weeks.”

“That’s what’s up. Everything should be settled by then.”
I hesitated, but then I just decided to go for it. “Can’t wait to see you. WNBA’s been taking up all of our summer time.”

She laughed again. “Can’t wait to see you either. It’s been a minute.”

Which was true. I hadn’t seen her since that weekend I picked her up from the airport. The season had kicked off in May for her and for me, I was getting ready for the NBA Combine, we were just super busy. Then the Draft happened and I have just been on a roll these past two weeks. Press conferences, photo shoots, endorsement meetings. Our friendship had been reduced to the occasional text at this point. But the WNBA All-Star Weekend was in New York this year so she was going to be in town.

“Alright, well, uh, I’ll let you get back to your run. I’ll see you.”

“Bye, Noah.”

I slipped my phone back in my pocket and set off to find my mom. She sent me a text saying that she and Chad were in the conference room downstairs.

“Alright, folks. Let’s make it happen.”

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2021, 20:46

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2021, 20:47

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2021, 20:52

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Nov 2021, 02:44

:blessed: Dark Horse family grows

:blessed: DH 2.0

:blessed: Sydni cream of the crop

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 11 Nov 2021, 18:40

The JZA wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 02:44
:blessed: Dark Horse family grows

:blessed: DH 2.0

:blessed: Sydni cream of the crop
Only winners over on this side

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 11 Nov 2021, 19:46

Derek Baldwin and the Nets Look to Cement Dynasty

DEREK BALDWIN HAS BEEN CONTEMPLATING RETIREMENT ALL SUMMER and announced that this very well may be his last season in an NBA uniform. He sent out a tweet a month after the NBA Draft stating that he couldn’t wait to see the new crop of talent that he would pass the torch to during this season. During free agency he signed a one year contract worth about $15M, signaling that this could possibly be the end.

Baldwin will be turning 41 this season and while he has performed above and beyond expectations, he seems to be slowing down and handing the reins over to his younger teammates more and more. Last season proved to be particularly scary as Baldwin went out in January with an ankle injury, causing him to miss 6 weeks. He came back with a renewed energy as he always does and dropped 25 points on Milwaukee his first night back, then followed up that performance with a 20 point, 8 assist night against Detroit.

“The game has been good to me. I’m especially excited to be able to lace them up and go head to head with my nephew this season. He asked me to stick around for at least one more.” He said with a smile. “The injury wasn’t major, but I have always said that I want to be able to walk away while I can still walk.”

The last time Baldwin was injury riddled it was during his final season with Clippers. He went out in December with a sprained ankle, but returned in January, only to see limited action for the final two months of the regular season because of a nagging knee injury that seemed to plague him for most of the season.

Baldwin is chasing what could be his fourth and final title with the Brooklyn Nets. It would give him 10 rings total for his 11-year NBA career. He has put up solid numbers since his return, averaging 18 points per game over the last three seasons of his career. This wouldn’t be his first time cementing a team’s “Dynasty” status. The Los Angeles Clippers won their first championship with Baldwin in 2017 and continued winning until his retirement in 2020.

Late last season, injuries seemed to pile up for the Nets with players missing games here and there, Nate Matthews with a twisted knee that kept him out for two weeks; Paul George with a sprained knee that caused him to miss the first round of the playoffs. But they managed to pull it together when it mattered as they narrowly escaped a seven game series with Indiana followed by a six game series against Toronto to defeat the Utah Jazz in five games.

“Last season was a challenge for sure. Especially toward the end. Probably the second hardest season I’ve played. It never felt like a do or die situation for me and my guys though. I can appreciate that. It wasn’t like Kobe’s last stretch in Los Angeles where he was trying to will the Lakers to the postseason.”

His teammates are trying to keep things in perspective for their teammate this year.

“It’s definitely going to be tough to look over to my left and he’s not sitting next to me,” said point guard Keith Perkins. Baldwin and Perkins got off to a rocky start when the former took over as head coach of the Nets and he tried to add more wrinkles to Perkins’ game. To say the two have grown on each other over the years would be a massive understatement.

“I was named MVP because of this guy. I got three rings because of this guy. He helped make me a champion. He is a certified champion maker. Gotta return the favor. Championship or bust.”

This is true. Several players in the NBA that all seemed deserving of a championship but were just never put in the position to achieve one turned their fortunes around when their wagons were hitched to Derek Baldwin. After winning two championships with Baldwin in Chicago, Derrick Rose joined the Nets for another run in what would be his final NBA season. After 13 seasons in Indiana, Paul George was considering retirement before he joined the Nets for five seasons and won three championships before retiring last season.

Baldwin plays it a little more low-key in his outlook for the season. “We’re just gonna go out there and give it one hundred percent. Same as every night. I don’t expect the guys to cut me any slack. If anything, they’re probably going to go after the old guy even harder. Make a name for themselves. But they better not take it easy on me or they will pay. I can promise that.”

With Paul George and Derrick Rose deciding to call it a career at the end of last season, the Nets have made a few key signings this offseason as Baldwin is preparing for his departure as well. Damontas Sabonis and Davor Gallagher have been signed at the forward positions for this season, as well the Nets bringing back Andre Palmer at the shooting guard position. Palmer was with the Nets for their first two championships before being unprotected during the extension draft when the Las Vegas Venom and Seattle Sonics joined the NBA last season. His minutes and points increased with the change in team, as he was in the starting lineup, but Palmer never felt settled.

“Definitely glad to be back in Brooklyn,” said Palmer. “This is home. It was weird seeing my guys when a championship last year and I wasn’t there celebrating with them.”

The Nets have the heart, but with so many teams on the rise this season, can they conquer the NBA once again?

Name|POS|OVR|Age
Keith Perkins|PG|90|27
Nate Matthews|C|82|25
Derek Baldwin|SG|85|40
Shareef O’Neal|PF|88|28
Adam Demps|PG|80|24
Tony Solomon|C|79|33
Damontas Sabonis|C|77|32
Davor Gallagher|PF|76|34
Jim Manning|SF|76|21
Andre Palmer|SG|78|26
Joe Hood|SF|75|35
Quincy Franklin|C|67|31
Malcolm Brogdon|PG|71|35
Marqueese Chriss|PG|71|31
Jaren Jackson|PF|73|29

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 11 Nov 2021, 19:48

Fresh Starts Abound for the Knicks Franchise

THE NEW YORK KNICKS HAVE MADE A FEW CHANGES with their roster. Over the past few seasons, they relied heavily on building a team around Kristaps Porzingas, but after not making the playoffs after 11 seasons in the league and being knocked out of the first round last season, Porzingas, 33, decided it was time to part ways with the Knicks if he was planning to win a championship any time soon. The big man decided to test his worth on the market for the first time in his career.

So, it was back to the drawing board for New York. The front office has decided to turn to youth to help push the team forward. They want fans to “trust the process,” something that is often asked by teams that are starting over.

“While we are sad to see Kristaps leave the team, we like what we see out of our guys,” said General Manager Landry Fields. Fields is in his first year as GM with the Knicks after serving 8 years as Assistant GM for the Atlanta Hawks. Fields was drafted by the Knicks in 2010 and he is happy to return to Madison Square Garden. “We’ve injected some youth, mixed with a little veteran leadership. I think we’ll be okay. We’re hoping to return to the playoffs soon. It won’t be another fifteen years that’s for sure.”

There have been a lot of faces in and out of New York in the past few seasons, there are few that remain from more than a few seasons ago. The Knicks are hoping they’ve finally gotten the formula right. On the campus of Fairfield University all players were showing the hustle and grit that has Knicks head coach Stephen Silas excited about his first stint on the Knicks’ bench. Silas was terminated as the Rockets head coach after they didn’t make the playoffs the season after being defeated by the Brooklyn Nets in the NBA Finals. Silas had served as an assistant coach for 20 seasons before being hired by the Rockets as head coach in 2020.

“It’s a fresh start for a lot of us. That’s what makes it great. Everyone has something to prove. As a team and as an organization. Everyone wants to come together and win. If Brooklyn can earn the NBA’s respect, why can’t we?”

All eyes will be on rookie Noah Baldwin II, nephew of future Hall of Famer Derek Baldwin, who just so happens to play for the Brooklyn Nets, and a huge part of the reason the team has reached the heights that they have in the past five years. Despite the high expectations set before him, he will more than likely start the season coming off the bench, but he doesn’t seem fazed by it.

“I’m okay with that. I’m coming behind a great point guard in Ryan Russell. There is a lot to learn here. I know the NBA game is faster and tougher than the college game, the seasons are much longer, so I’m not trying to go in at 100 miles per hour just to prove that I belong. My uncle has always told me that patience is best. But when it’s my time, I will definitely make the most of it.”

Chet Holmgreen is another player that will be looking to prove himself this season. Holmgreen was drafted in 2023 by the Knicks and has seen his time wax and wane as he played behind several great post players during his tenure. This will be the season where he shows all he’s learned.

“I’m ready to get out there and get to work. We all are.”

Finally, Remy Benoit, who was a surprise pick by the Knicks late in the second round out of Norfolk State, much like a former Spartan, Kyle O’Quinn. Benoit had quite the showing this season in the NCAA tournament as he led the Spartans to an upset of the #2 seed UNLV Rebels and again with a win against the #7 seed Kentucky Wildcats. He’s also the childhood friend of Baldwin II. Baldwin and Benoit worked out together during the pre-draft process, with several of the videos being posted to social media. The duo looked like a well-oiled machine. And with New York not getting the production that they expected to from Kevin Knox II as of late, Benoit may be able to secure himself a starting spot in the Knicks rotation.

“This is like a dream come true and then some. When I got the call from Mr. Fields and Coach Silas, I couldn’t believe it. I had just watched my brother shake hands with Commissioner Silver and then to hear that not only am I being drafted, but I’m being drafted by the same team. It’s gonna be great.”

Optimism is high in the Knicks locker room and with good reason. There is a lot of potential on this roster. Hopefully, they can push through the growing pains sooner rather than later.

Name|POS|OVR|Age
Sebastio Saramago|PF|84|27
Ryan Russell|PG|80|36
Noah Baldwin|PG|78|20
Shaquir O’Neal|SG|77|24
Chet Holmgren|C|79|25
Mitchell Robinson|C|77|30
Obi Toppin|PF|76|30
Ivan Rabb|PF|76|31
RJ Barrett|SG|76|28
Remy Benoit|SF|74|21
Seth Curry|SG|74|38
Kevin Knox II|SF|72|29
Immanuel Quickley|PG|71|29
Corey Joseph|PG|73|37
Jared Harper|PG|67|31
Last edited by chosenone58 on 06 Apr 2022, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 11 Nov 2021, 20:00

2028-2029 NBA Starting Lineups

Eastern Conference

Atlanta
Dennis Schroeder| |Stanley Henderson|Aaron Wennington|Onyeka Okongwu|Thon Maker

Boston
Reggie Reed|Bryce James|Gregg Wittman|Jayson Tatum|Enes Kanter

Brooklyn
Keith Perkins|Derek Baldwin|Joe Hood|Shareef O’Neal|Nate Matthews

Charlotte
Dejounte Murray|Devon Reed|Devin Law|Trent Casey|Tony House

Chicago
Abraham McCloud|Shaquille Harrison|Leon Marks|Gerald Johnson|Wendell Carter, Jr.

Cleveland
Zaire Wade|Collin Sexton|Isaac Okoro|Scottie Barnes|Dewayne Dedmon

Detroit
Cade Cunningham|Stephan Cisse|Alex Batistuta|Christian Wood|Nikola Jokic

Indiana
Daniel Wooden|Troy Peters|Greg Longley|Alize Johnson|Myles Turner

Miami
Kyrie Irving|Tyler Herro|Justise Winslow|Cameron Boozer|Richie Fortson

Milwaukee
Alfredo Ott III|Donte DiVencenzo| Jabari Parker|Giannis Antetokounmpo| Nicholas Cannon

New Orleans
Jamal Murray|Bradford Rice|Manuel Esparza|Kai Jones|Anthony Davis

New York
Ryan Russell|RJ Barrett|Kevin Knox II|Obi Toppin| Chet Holmgren

Orlando
Dante Gibbs|Richard Dixon|Mario Hezonja|Aaron Gordon|Nikola Vucevic

Philadelphia
Markelle Fultz| Malik Newman|T.J. Warren|Junior Little|Jahlil Okafor

Toronto
Ben Simmons|Gary Harris|DeMar DeRozan|Stanley Johson|Jalen Duran

Washington
John Wall|Bobby Noel|Colin Torres|Rui Hachimura|Michael Wong

Western Conference

Dallas
Mikey Williams|Spencer Myers|Luka Doncic| Randolph Roy|Blake Griffin

Denver
Emmanuel Mudiay|Malik Beasley|Kenyon Martin, Jr.||Michael Porter, Jr.|Dragan Bender

Golden State
Darren Williams|Lamar Hardin|Mikal Bridges|JT Thor|James Wiseman

Houston
Kris Moore|Devin Booker|Danuel House|Pascal Siakam|Bam Adebayo

Las Vegas
Kemba Walker|Iman Shumpert| Gordon Hayward|Marcus Morris, Sr.|Gorgui Dieng

Los Angeles Clippers
Damian Lillard|LeBron James, Jr.|Royce O’Neale|Patrick Patterson|Deandre Ayton

Los Angeles Lakers
D’Angelo Russell|Marcus Smart|Brandon Ingram||Kawhi Leonard|Julius Randle

Memphis
Ja Morant|Dillon Brooks|Kyle Anderson|Brandon Clarke|Steve Manning

Minnesota
Darryl Williams|Victor Oladipo|Andrew Wiggins|Michael Kidd-Gilchrist|Karl-Anthony Towns

Oklahoma City
Matt Eaton|Shai Gilgeous-Alexander|DJ Rodman|Ikedia|Mike Muscala

Phoenix
Joey Ellis| Derrick Edwards| Ace Flagg|Karl Cannon|Kristaps Porzingas

Portland
Ronnie Lucas|Keon Taylor|Jimmy Butler|Nassir Little|Zion Williamson

Sacramento
De’Aaron Fox|Cayden Boozer|Jaylen Brown|Vince Justice|Tony Bradley

San Antonio
Tyus Jones|Derrick White|LiAngelo Ball|Luka Samanic| Cooper Flagg

Seattle
Derrick Walton, Jr.|Bradley BealEmoni Bates||Zach Randolph, Jr.|Diamond Stone

Utah
Russell Westbrook|Donovan Mitchell|Giacomo Avanti| Trey Lyles|Tristan Thompson

RoyalTy

Post by RoyalTy » 11 Nov 2021, 22:58

Nets lineup looking solid at the top, and I imagine Noah will be in the 6th Man conversation as a rookie