Off to the Races || Indiana Pacers (2K23)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
ShamWowNY

Post by ShamWowNY » 01 Dec 2022, 11:06

mvp wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 08:22
i used to think u had a shot at the play-in, but not sure anymore. comp is pretty steep in the east in those 6-10 spots. besides orlando and detroit, anyone could make it in. talent-level is all around the same with those bottom half teams.
Yeah it's tough simming 41 of the games, because if I played all 82 I think we'd be closer to that 8-10 seed range (definitely still dropping plenty of games though...lol). Simulation results have me leaning towards blowing it up sooner rather than later.

I do love to see so much competition across the league. The play-in changes the calculus for those on-the-bubble teams and incentivizes them not to just throw whole seasons away.

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 04 Dec 2022, 13:41

Didn't think I would see the Brooklyn Nets struggling like THAT

mvp

Post by mvp » 07 Dec 2022, 09:24

wouldnt mind seeing KD join CP3. any ideas about where Turner could go? he has always seemed like he could be a great fit in San Antonio to me

Topic author
ShamWowNY

Post by ShamWowNY » 07 Dec 2022, 10:27

Captain Canada wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 13:41
Didn't think I would see the Brooklyn Nets struggling like THAT
Neither did I, or they for that matter!
mvp wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 09:24
wouldnt mind seeing KD join CP3. any ideas about where Turner could go? he has always seemed like he could be a great fit in San Antonio to me
Phoenix is in a strong position to land KD, but if that request goes through there will be 29 teams lining up to make an offer. We'll see!

I like Turner in San Antonio, that's an interesting destination - I'm not sure if San Antonio would be willing to part with picks, but if they are I'll have to hear them out. Of course the Lakers are an option as well, and sneakily I think the Mavs or Pelicans could be fun - a stretch 5 to pair with Luka or Zion.

Taurus

Post by Taurus » 07 Dec 2022, 14:52

Interested in seeing what you can get out of Hield and Turner. Didn't Indy recently make a run at KD last trade deadline IRL?

Topic author
ShamWowNY

Post by ShamWowNY » 07 Dec 2022, 15:48

Taurus wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 14:52
Interested in seeing what you can get out of Hield and Turner. Didn't Indy recently make a run at KD last trade deadline IRL?
I don't know if they were interested in KD directly, but they certainly were involved in the Suns-KD situation thanks to 1) their cap space to facilitate a deal between two taxpaying teams and 2) their max offer sheet to Ayton. The Spurs and Pacers are the only teams with cap space to spare to facilitate any blockbuster deals, so I'll be trying to get some assets in exchange for that space most def.

Topic author
ShamWowNY

Post by ShamWowNY » 07 Dec 2022, 20:54

Bill Simmons: "What's the price for this guy? I mean, you have the the ongoing Simmons experiment, the Kyrie piece, the trade request, the take-backsies, like, this is not a guy who has been in a stable situation. And he's still going out there and making you go 'Wow, he just did the drop-50-points-no-sweat thing.' He's 34 and will be making the a max when he's 37, but we are having a who-cares-about-the-future moment in the NBA. And who knows, he might even still be MVP-level then"

Ryen Russillo: "We were talking before about how the Celtics were real close this summer to moving Jaylen Brown. The Celtics sit second in the East while the KD-Kyrie Nets are 13th."

BS: "That package, the Celtics thing is that they just lost Jaylen until close to the All-Star break. I've said before on this pod that I just want the 2 J's in my life for the next 10 years. They're still winning games without Brown in the lineup. Do you mess with the chemistry? It's not like a Ewing Theory situation where they've been better without Jaylen, they were good with him and good without him because of their depth. If the Nets want all of that and a ton of picks, I'm not sure that I go for that."

RR: "Like, is this a situation where you can say, 'Well, you just got your second trade request of the year from your star, where's your leverage Sean Marks?' That summer trade request thing wasn't just a fluke. KD isn't happy here, the Nets have one win all season over a .500-plus team. One win!"

BS: "I think no one's talking about the leverage piece. That part makes it interesting. What's the best package you think Marks has heard since this was reported? Desmond Bane and two firsts?"

RR: "I mean, I love Bane this season."

BS: "Me too, he just does things. The analytics are really strong on him. But KD, who's in for sure? Phoenix needs him, they're barely staying out of the play-in. New Orleans *is* in the play-in and could put together a Godfather offer. Memphis could move up their timeline. Do the Raptors push in their chips again? I don't know."

RR: "I was talking with a front office guy, and he's hearing the Nets might hold onto him. He's got a four year deal. But if he doesn't want to play, like, what are we doing here."

BS: "And what are they gonna do with Kyrie if they move KD? A guy who can't even sell shoes anymore? When you're losing endorsements, you're out there. Let's take a break, then we're talking the Red Sox seeing Aaron Judge for the next seven years."

mvp

Post by mvp » 08 Dec 2022, 09:27

that was a niceee touch... even down to the Russillo "like, what are we doing here" :lol:

i actually hear their voices when i read this. incredible.