How Sweet the Sound - The Story of David "Amazing" Grace (2K23 MyCareer)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 12 Jan 2023, 07:14

chosenone myplayers warm the heart

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 12 Jan 2023, 13:47

LeBron needs help to get that next ring. Let's get it.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 16 Jan 2023, 22:50

djp73 wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 07:14
chosenone myplayers warm the heart
mvp wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 09:16
:blessed:

Captain Canada wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 13:47
LeBron needs help to get that next ring. Let's get it.
In all my years of doing this I've never played with LeBron and I've never played for the Lakers. Two birds, one stone here. And I definitely wanna see the King get that ring. Hopefully, 2K doesn't hit AD with all those injuries.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Jan 2023, 00:17

First Game

November 2020

It was nearly ten in the morning the day before Thanksgiving. I texted Dominique after I woke up not too long after my roommate, Marcus, left to head to the dining hall for breakfast. We were sitting in my dorm room with the television on mute. I couldn’t handle Stephen A. Smith’s voice too early in the morning.

“What time do you have to be at the arena?” Dominique asked.

We had our first game against Lamar University that afternoon. It was expected to be a blow out, so I hoped I would get some playing time. J’Wan, a redshirt freshman, and I were really going at it in practice trying to score some extra minutes in the opener. We figured Quentin and Justin were going to start, they’re both upperclassmen.

“I’m probably gonna head over at noon. Get changed. Warm up. Get some shots up. You bringing DJ?” My little man was already 8 months old.

“Of course. He’s not going to miss his daddy’s college debut.”

“I hope I get some time on the floor tonight.”

“If Coach Sampson is smart, I’m sure you will.”

Things were coming together. I managed to earn a scholarship to the University of Houston, so I could be closer to Dominique and my son, DJ. She decided to stay at home with her parents to help save some money since her scholarship didn’t cover room and board. They lived in Southwest Houston, not too far from NRG Stadium. She was only about a 30 minute drive from campus, so I was still able to visit every chance that I got until practices really got underway. Her parents were a huge help to both of us. I owed the Malloy’s everything. They’ve really been clutch with this whole teen parenting thing. Mrs. Traci is a lead nurse at the children’s hospital and she’s actually able to work the night shift so she can be home with DJ during the day while Dom is taking classes. So far everything was working out in our favor. It meant a lot to us both. I wasn’t going to waste this opportunity.

Present Day

“What time do you have to be at the arena?”

I look at my watch, it is only two o’clock. The game didn’t start until 8. “We’re gonna head over in a few hours.”

“What are you going to wear? You know this is your first like NBA runway or whatever. You gotta come correct.”

“Really, Dom? I’m here to play ball. Besides cameras probably won't even be on me tonight. It's gonna be all about LeBron's year 20 day one look.”

“Yeah, but I can’t have my man looking like a bum.”

“Wow. Stop acting like I don’t have swag, girl. I was just gonna keep it simple for this one. Dark gray suit, white button down shirt, no tie. Pair of Elevens.

“I guess that’s not bad. I knew a pair of Jordan’s would be involved. I can’t wait for them to give you an endorsement.

“I’m gonna have to build a special closet for all of the J’s.”

“I hate that I’m missing your first NBA game.”

“It’s a long season.”
I sigh. I hated that she was missing it too, but we had a plan and we were going to stick to that plan.

“But this is your first game.”

“And it’s a school night.”

Dominique laughs. “Okay, Dad.”

“I probably won’t even play tonight, unless we’re up big or down big.”

“Hey. If Coach Ham is smart, I’m sure you will.”

I smiled at the callback to a conversation we had nearly two years ago. Stakes are even higher now though. What I do now can set us up for the rest of our lives.

“Thanks, Dom.”

“Baby, you were on fire in Vegas. Everybody realizes that you were slept on in the draft this summer.”

“Alright. Alright. Don’t pump my head up, girl. You gon have me out there trying to take LeBron’s job.”

“You do the work and this team, this city could be yours in a few years, D. Bron only has a couple seasons left in him.”

“As long as you got my back, I can do anything.”

Before she could respond there was a knock on my hotel room door.

“Somebody’s at the door, let me call you back.”

I open the door and standing on the other side are Dominique, DJ, and my mom.

“How did y’all get here? Dom, you have class tomorrow.”

She gives me a kiss on the lips and hands DJ off to me. She and my mom walk past me into the room.

“Chill, old man. My first class isn’t until eleven.”

“But how did you get here? That’s like a six hour drive.”

“Or, it’s an hour long flight,”
I hear a voice from behind me just before I close the door.

“Ray?”

“I told you to call me if you need anything. That extends to your family. When your girl called and asked if I was coming up, I invited them to join me.”

I just shook my head and smiled. I really appreciated my agent in that moment. It really feels like family with him.

Now I really hope I get to see a few minutes of action tonight. A win wouldn't hurt either.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Jan 2023, 00:19

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Jan 2023, 00:21

djp73

Post by djp73 » 17 Jan 2023, 09:00

liking the flashbacks

Agent

Post by Agent » 19 Jan 2023, 10:10

10 points from the rookie. Oh Bron is gonna LOVE the Amazing Grace bailing him out this year :dead:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 19 Jan 2023, 21:52

djp73 wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 09:00
liking the flashbacks
Thanks. Thought I'd try something different since we jumped right in.
Agent wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 10:10
10 points from the rookie. Oh Bron is gonna LOVE the Amazing Grace bailing him out this year :dead:
Damn.... He's only getting a few minutes. Let him build up. He wasn't the number overall pick. Have faith.