How Sweet the Sound - The Story of David "Amazing" Grace (2K23 MyCareer)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Agent

Post by Agent » 05 Apr 2023, 07:20

Man the Lakers are torching the NBA. Way to win in Denver.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Apr 2023, 01:14

Agent wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 07:20
Man the Lakers are torching the NBA. Way to win in Denver.
The boys are en fuego
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Apr 2023, 00:58

Guess you were right... Maybe AD is the 1/2 :ooo:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Apr 2023, 22:26

The JZA wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 00:58
Guess you were right... Maybe AD is the 1/2 :ooo:
:shrug: :shrug:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Apr 2023, 22:32

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Apr 2023, 22:37

New Year, New Lakers

There’s laughter coming from the Lakers’ facility after what looked to be an intense practice. There is a different air about the team this season. I guess having a record of 37-4 will do that to you. This time last year, the Lakers were 1 game above .500, LeBron James was putting up 30+ point performances in losses night after night and fans wanted Russell Westbrook gone.

The elder statesman, James, is joking with Anthony Davis and his new rookie, David Grace. He’s challenged them to a half-court shot contest. James misses his first attempt, Davis misses his, Grace hits his on the first try. Game over. The rookie says he’s been practicing. Then he tells James that he will see him for Taco Tuesday the following week, to which James nods in agreement. Grace was a second round pick for the Lakers, but he is proving to be one of the biggest pickups in the 2022 NBA Draft.

“This is the type of season that you pray for as a veteran,” says James. “I’m still competing at a high level, but so are the guys around me. So, I don’t have to go out looking to score 35 or 40 points a night to pull off a win.”

This season marks LeBron’s 20th in the NBA and it looks to be his most easy going season yet. He’s averaging 21.8 points per game, his lowest average since his rookie season. But the Lakers have a very comfortable spot as the top team in the league.

“And that makes all the difference. We’re playing well as a team. We want to make sure we’re in the best position possible when April gets here. The playoffs are a grind. We’re competitive, but most of all we’re having a whole lot of fun.”

Despite the low scoring average, James is still on track to surpass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s career points record this season with only 453 points to go. Fans have joked on social media that with David Grace playing at such a high level right now, we may have to wait until next season to see James break the record.

“I don’t care when I break that record, but I do care when I get this city their next championship. He can score however much he wants to.” James says with a huge smile on his face. The man we’re seeing is a stark contrast from the sullen, brooding LeBron James that we saw the past two seasons as the Lakers struggled to make the playoff play-in tournament the year following their championship run in 2020, defeating Golden State to take the seventh seed, before being bounced in the first round by Phoenix. And of course, a dismal performance last year, winning only 33 games and barely missing the opportunity to participate in the play-in game as the 10th seed.

The rookie has without a doubt been the x-factor for Los Angeles. Being a second round pick, he wasn’t expected to contribute as quickly as he has.

“There wasn’t any real pressure put on me by Coach Ham or the coaching staff,” said Grace. “None by LeBron or AD. But I know what we’re trying to accomplish here. I understand the gravity of the situation. It’s not lost on me at all. He wants to win. I’m working harder every day to help make that happen.”

In November, Grace was at the center of Lakers’ trade rumors, where there was talk of possibly shipping him and Patrick Beverly to Washington or Grace’s hometown of Philadelphia. But when an injury to Russell Westbrook allowed Grace to thrive, those plans went from being on hold to being non-existent. It seemed to be a wise move for the Lakers as Grace has proved to be the perfect complement to James and Davis.

“He stretches the floor for us,” said head coach Darvin Ham. “When we drafted him, this is what we envisioned. He was a solid shooter in Houston and we hoped it would carry over here.”

Multiple times a night you will find Grace hanging in the corner waiting on a skip pass for a spot up three pointer. Think Bruce Bowen. When James drives the lane and the defense collapses, Grace is ready to knock down the three. When defenders try to close out on Grace, he’ll kick the ball to a cutting LeBron James or Anthony Davis for an easy two points inside.

Several times this season, the Lakers have gone with a smaller lineup having James playing the power forward position and Grace playing the small forward position. The speed looks to be working in Los Angeles’ favor.

“We can give a few different looks that teams have to game plan for,” said Ham. “The opportunities are endless at this point.”

As the players are leaving practice for the day, laughter can be heard again coming from the trio of James, Grace, and Davis, this time joined by Westbrook, who just returned to the lineup last week against Charlotte.

It’s all smiles in Los Angeles. But this team is no joke.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Apr 2023, 22:38

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Apr 2023, 22:39

Agent

Post by Agent » 13 Apr 2023, 07:03

LeSitBack&LetGraceBall

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 13 Apr 2023, 10:35

About to be Dave's team if LeBron don't watch it