How Sweet the Sound - The Story of David "Amazing" Grace (2K23 MyCareer)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 28 Feb 2024, 21:45

I love gooooooold! :lol:
× A New Horizon ×
× Watching: X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Mar 2024, 21:02

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Mar 2024, 21:05

Last edited by chosenone58 on 07 Mar 2024, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Mar 2024, 21:38

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Mar 2024, 21:42

kibaxx7 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 21:45
I love gooooooold! :lol:
Seemed appropriate

Agent

Post by Agent » 07 Mar 2024, 22:17

Who needs Reeves when LA is Grace'd?

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Mar 2024, 23:15

Agent wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 22:17
Who needs Reeves when LA is Grace'd?
True.

His morale is down though. May try to work out a potential trade deal since I don’t just wanna let him walk. We’ll see if things change over the next couple weeks.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Mar 2024, 22:08

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Mar 2024, 22:19

Home for the Holidays

December 2020

“I can’t believe I’m going to miss my little man’s first Christmas.”

I had an early film session on campus, and I was back at Dominique’s parents’ house helping her to wrap the last of our son’s gifts for the big day. We were flying to Orlando on Christmas Eve to because we had a game against the UCF Knights the day after Christmas.

“It’s our first Christmas too, you know?” Dominique said.

“Technically, it’s more like our second, but this is the first that we are spending together. Or would have been spending together if it wasn’t for this damn schedule. Who schedules a game for the day after Christmas? This is legit my favorite holiday. I really wanted to be home.”

“It happens, babe. Relax.”

“I know, but couldn’t we play somebody local? Texas Southern? Baylor? He couldn’t schedule it a couple days later?”

“You’ve got Tulsa.”
She reminded me.

“Right, Tulsa. Man, I hate this.”

“What are you going to do when you’re in the NBA? You know they play games on Christmas Day. And they won’t all be at home.”

“Home is wherever you two are. So, I can just take you and DJ with me. And we can have Christmas wherever I’m playing.”

“The life of a baller.”
She smirked.

“That’s right. I’ll just put you two on a private jet to wherever. I don’t want to spend the holidays apart from you guys. Christmas especially.”

“DJ won’t even remember this Christmas all that much babe. He’s only nine months old.”

“But I’ll remember. What if I tell Coach Sampson I got the flu?”

“Don’t you dare,”
she said. “Now hand me that green wrapping paper.” I do as I’m asked.

“We will make the best of this Christmas, David. We will FaceTime you while DJ is opening his gifts, so it will be just like you’re here. We’ll make it work. I promise.”

We finish wrapping the gifts and put them under the tree. The next morning, she dropped me off on campus to meet the team and head to the airport. I promised to call her when I got in. We made it to Orlando around lunch. We took a bus over to our hotel, checked in and then we all went to Moe’s Southwest Grill to eat since it was close by.

By the time we left the restaurant, I was in a better mood. A lot of guys were missing out on being with their families too. It wasn’t just me. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing NBA 2K and Madden. Putting together an impromptu tournament. Coach had booked a conference room for us to have a movie night. I think he was just trying to keep us in the hotel. As I was getting ready to head downstairs there was a hard knock on my door.

“Marcus, you always knocking like you the damn pol—” I stopped as I saw Dominique standing there with DJ.

“What are you doing here?”

“Can’t I surprise my man sometimes?”

“Of course.”
I moved aside and let her into the room. “I just didn’t expect to see you.”

She handed DJ to me and started texting on her phone. “I saw how much you wanting to be part of his first Christmas meant, so I cashed in a few favors and here we are. Andre too.”

There was a knock at the door. I opened it and was surprised again at who was standing on the other side of it.

“Well, I’ll be damned.”

“Watch your mouth.”

“Sorry, Ma.”
I looked back at Dominique, who just shrugged.

“It’s a Christmas miracle, David Grace. You said you wanted to be home, so we brought home to you.”

Present Day

I stood in the door was and watched Dominique put DJ to bed. I didn’t want to disturb the routine. When she finally turned and saw me, she walked into my arms and gave me a kiss.

“What are you doing here?”

“That does not sound like a woman happy to see her man. You got holiday plans with your other man?”

“I did, but I’m sure he’ll understand why I have to cancel.”
She laughs as we walk back toward the living room. “I didn’t expect you to be here until sometime tomorrow. Maybe even Tuesday morning.”

“I had to take a meeting.”

“With my dad. You could have done that over the phone.”

“And the game was at two, so we were done by six. And who wants to stick around after a loss?”

“Yeah, but why didn’t you tell me you were coming early?”

“Damn, can’t I just surprise my woman sometimes?”
She laughs. “You know I love being home for the holidays. And home is—”

“Wherever we are. I know. I know.”

“Good. Now get dressed. We are going out.”

“Out? Like out out?”

“Yep. And pack a ‘spinna night’ bag too.”

“Really?”

“Mhmmm. Your man cashed in some major babysitting points with your folks. I just gotta swing by the Galleria before shoot around.”

She laughed. “I’m not even gonna ask what you’re buying my parents this time.”

“It’s gonna be worth every penny. Trust. I want to ring in the New Year with my woman. Maybe give DJ a little brother or sister.”

“Hold up, babe.”

“Kidding. Kidding. But let’s just say I plan on getting in a lot of practice tonight.”

“You think so?”

“Oh, I know so. Now, go, hurry up. We are not parents tonight. It’s just Dave and Dom. I need to get these back to back losses out of my head.”

I was able to get a VIP set up for her and a few of our friends at the Foundation Room. Being an NBA player, and a champion at that, has its perks. They were having a 90’s R&B Night and I thought that would be perfect for us. It was good to relax and see her spend time with her brother and our friends. I know she misses her people being in Los Angeles with me.

We had a few people come by for pictures, but the staff was able to help us keep it mostly low key since I was just trying to spend some quality time with my lady and my friends. Dom didn’t seem to mind though. She never does really. So, I try to make it a point to give her my full attention as often as I can. We were slow dancing and singing along to Jodeci’s “Come & Talk to Me” when she gave me this look.

“What?”

“So, an epic night at the House of Blues with all of our favorite people and a room at the Four Seasons. How did you manage to pull this off, Mr. Grace?”

“They don’t call me Amazing Grace for nothing now. Call it a New Year’s miracle.”

“You are going to get so lucky tonight.”

“Hell yeah I am.”

Scars

Post by Scars » 14 Mar 2024, 03:52

that's one very graceful holiday