Gabriel Quarterman | That Same Ol' G'

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 26 May 2023, 09:57

Agent wrote:
23 May 2023, 21:08
G threw the right hook with precision.

what are the offers so far?

All will be revealed in the next chapter (still haven't decided yet :drose: ).
chosenone58 wrote:
23 May 2023, 23:25
Locked in fam
:blessed:

Sorry for the slow burn updates. Work has been kicking my ass, but we not too far out before things get started

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 27 May 2023, 15:15

The trip back home from Florida was a extremely quiet one, mostly cause of G' being disappointed in Cory. Cory was always up to his shenanigans, but never to the point where a situation can become serious. But G' couldn't be all too mad at him. Somewhere deep inside, Cory probably learned his lesson in not to take life too lightly. Keyword here: probably. Cory asked Gabriel to promise him to not tell his parents about the incident, but that was out of the question, sort of. As G' promised not to tell, there wasn't an agreement to discuss a concern. G' cared for his friendship to Cory, but valued his life even more. Before parting ways from their journey back home, G' deliberately called for a break, to let things calm down before picking things back up.

The next day, Gabriel had spent the day home, finally ready to vow a commitment to college. There were 10 schools that offered a scholarship:

Binghamton University
Boston College
Boston University
Fordham
George Washington
Hartford
Marist
Maryland
Sacred Heart University
Temple

Each one of them offered an opportunity to create history or be a part of a rich legacy. Notable the three that was tempting the most was the Boston College Eagles, Maryland Terrapins and the Temple Owls. As G' continued to mull over his decision, he was greeted by his father who was getting home from work.

"Hey son, how's it going?"

"Hey Dad, just going over these college offers."

"Still haven't decided yet? What's the hold up?"

"Just can't make a decision. I'm sure all these colleges are great, just so many factors. Do I want stay close to home, or venture out of state? Small program or big program? Playtime and coaching system? So on."

"Okay, so which schools stands out the most to you?"

"Uh, it would be Boston College, Maryland and Temple." G' answered.

"Okay, now take those three out. Now, which ones are the least schools you're inclined to go to?"

"I'd say... George Washington and Fordham."

"Now, out of five schools, you have five left. Binghamton, Boston University, Hartford, Marist, and SHU. You feeling anyone of these?"

G' took a moment to feel out each school before answering. "I guess Boston University and SHU. So, now I pick between these two?"

"You can if you want, but from out of that bunch, those two schools survived. You add in your most tempted, you're back at five: Boston College, Boston University, Maryland, SHU, and Temple. But see, here's the thing, why is your affinity pointing to Boston twice? You have two colleges there."

"You know, I've never even thought about it. I guess Boston seems like a nice place to go to. I guess academically, Boston U offers more wide range of majors."

"Sounds like you found your school." Stephon insinuated.

"Maybe. What about Maryland or Temple?" G' asked. "Those are still great schools I should consider."

"This is also true, but Boston seems to be the place you couldn't eliminate, not even once."

"So, it's my fault?"

Stephon looked at G' like he was stupid for saying that. "Listen, you have 10 amazing opportunities before you. At the end of the day, it's your decision. Whichever school you commit to, I'm proud of you nevertheless for taking the next big step in your life kiddo. You're finally transitioning into a man."

"Alright Pop, I think I made my decision."

"Okay, let's hear it. Don't keep me in suspense."

"I'm going to commit to... Boston College."

"Wow..." Stephon took a moment to let it sink before responding. "Boston College, huh?"

"Yeah, Boston... I don't know, it's just something about Boston. I remember when you took me to my first Celtics' game in Boston over the winter break when I was 8 years old. Being out there just felt right, I love it there. Granted, it was a short stay, and things may have changed, but I'm drawn to that place."

"You thought that one out, huh. Well kid, looks like you got a path to carve out on the road to the NBA. And trust me, no one more than me, not even you, believe in you that you can achieve the success you're going to chase. I just want you to be aware that all roads have crossroads. And to be careful in the directions you take."

"Thank you for believe in me, Dad. That really means a lot to me."

"So, Boston it is. My boy is going to be a Eagle. I guess it's kind of fitting. You're already the first in the line of Quarterman men to go to college. You make the NBA, you'll be the first mega star in the family."

"And I wouldn't be anything without you old man."

"You just make sure you give those college players as much hell as you gave me." Stephon jokes.

"Come on, I wasn't all that bad!"

"Shitting me, your ass was bad to the core. A menace to the damn society." Stephon laughs with Gabriel.

Out of 10 schools that yearned for Gabriel's skills on their basketball team, Boston College wins the bidding war. It wouldn't be long until G' shakes up social media as he announced his verbal commitment to BC on Twitter. With the exciting news out and about, the father & son duo took to the town that night, making their way to the Brazen Fox, one of the most popular bar/restaurant in White Plains, NY, celebrating new beginnings to come. And this is where's Gabriel Quarterman's story begins...
Last edited by The JZA on 03 Jun 2023, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 27 May 2023, 20:05

Last edited by The JZA on 03 Jun 2023, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

Agent

Post by Agent » 27 May 2023, 20:20

Sacred Heart is an unexpected choice for the #12 player in the nation. Time to put them on the map & prove to be a true leader early in your career.

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 28 May 2023, 02:23

Interesting choice...let's see where this goes
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 28 May 2023, 20:41

Agent wrote:
27 May 2023, 20:20
Sacred Heart is an unexpected choice for the #12 player in the nation. Time to put them on the map & prove to be a true leader early in your career.
My first options were an ACC or SEC team, but I said nah, lets show some love to the smaller program. G' better so some big things there. It's a hard road for a Caesar.
chosenone58 wrote:
28 May 2023, 02:23
Interesting choice...let's see where this goes
We're just about to get the show started :yep:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 28 May 2023, 20:43

College life for Gabriel Quarterman had finally arrived. After arriving on BC campus in Chestnut Hill, Gabriel received a big welcoming party. For being the 12th best in the nation, to them, it was like BC had won the lottery. But days became a blur soon enough. From the Welcome Committee showering, to getting administrated and dormatized, G' settled in rather quickly and the people took to him quickly. While it was rather unusual to G', to him, it felt like royalty on red carpet. People wanted to talk to him, be next to him, get to know him, and rather much so, they did. Gabriel was an open book to all, friendly to the masses, becoming man of the people. While you can say that some people looked at G' as exposure to the school or hope for the school's basketball team, some people were genuinely just interested in the man known as Gabriel Quarterman. With making friends on the scene quickly, the school term came quicker. Settling in classes, G' found him-self taking economics as his major, citing his ambitions to invest in his own future. Whatever that detailed, G' had power moves aspirations. But on this fateful night, the future reacquaints it-self with the past...

"Whew, glad I got that assignment out the way. Now I can kick back and relax. I can't believe we're having practice on Saturday. But who am I kidding, I'm kinda excited to be playing college basketball." G' internally monologue in his head as he made his way to the upper balcony of the school's common house. Distracted with his own thoughts, it took a few moments for G' to notice he was not alone. "Oh, my apologies, I didn't know someone was up here, I didn't see no one here on my way up."

"Uh, it's okay. I just got here my-self a few minutes ago." she says.

"I uh, I could leave and rock somewhere else if I'm invading."

"Oh no, it's fine. There's enough space for us up here."

"Alright, cool." G' takes a moment scanning her visual. She was a knockout beauty from what he could tell. Blonde hair, blue eyes, fair complexion, and while she was dressing conservative, you could tell she had a shape on her. But G' couldn't recall seeing her before. "I'm Gabriel, people just calls me G'. I don't think I've seen you around before. With everyone in my face lately, I doubt I'd forget yours."

The girl smiled slightly, "I'm Kelly. And yeah, I don't think we've met. I recently moved into dorm this year from housing with 5 other girls. I'd had it up to here with their drama."

"Ah, I see. The good ol' "women hate women" never fails." G' joked.

"You can say that again... Hey, you're the guy everyone's been so excited about, aren't you?"

"What gave it away?"

"I remember one of my girls mentioning a Gabriel who committed here for the basketball team. Said that you were a big deal."

"Your girl must have the read on me, I hope I don't have to be watching over my back around here from her. But yeah, that'll be me. Good ol' freshie face. And you?"

"Sophomore. I was going to transfer to Marist, but I opted out."

"I'm glad you didn't, wouldn't have got to meet you." G' slips in a smirk but Kelly bursts into a laugh.

"I'm sure you tell that to everyone, they just fall for that?" Kelly retorted.

"Nah, nah, it's not even like that, chill. You meet people from all walks of life. Here, across the street, cross town or state. Never know who you may run into that could change your life, or put it back together."

Silence fell on them for a moment. G' looks at Kelly as she catches his eye. Through the conversation he hadn't noticed how puffy her eyes were until now, which killed his vibe a bit.

"Is something the matter or is your allergies that bad?" G' asked.

"I'm sorry. I'm trying to mask it, I don't want to burden you with my problems."

"No problems are a burden but your own on your shoulders. I may not be able to help fix it, but I'm a good listener, and what's said here, stays here."

Kelly takes a moment to gather her thoughts. Even just meeting Gabriel, she felt safe to share what's been bothering her. "Just under a bit of stress. My parents are divorcing, and I recently found out that my boyfriend dumped me." Kelly began to well up again, wiping her tears with a Kleenex.

"Shit... I'm sorry. That is a lot to take in emotionally and mentally." G' rubs Kelly on her back with one hand, trying to console her. "But I will say this, whatever reason he dumped you, it's a blessing, cause it's his loss. But your parents? That's tough. I honestly can't imagine how you feel. I came from a home that was already broken. How I see it, it's between them, not you. Your parents are still your parents at the end of the day. I'm sure what changed between them wouldn't change with you on a parent-daughter level."

"You're right, but they've been together all my life. They're soulmates. They're practically made for each other."

"Could you say the same about you and your now-ex? It's no different with your parents. Even if they are soulmates, maybe they just need a break to realize that. Life is funny that way... Have you ever seen them have out a big argument of any sorts?"

"No, none that I can recall."

"So, either they shielded you from that or they're resolving their issues amicably. At the end of the day, sounds like they love you enough to not make it burden on you until you found out."

"... I guess you're right." Kelly sniffles with her head down. G' advances his hand from her back to her chin, gracefully holding her head up as she looks at him.

"It's alright. Let it out and dry your eyes. Just make sure to keep your head held high. Your boyfriend is hella sus for letting you go. You're beautiful, and from this short time I've met you, seem like you can have your pick of the litter. His loss. But as far as your family goes, you got to focus on you until that mess is resolved. Just keep loving them as they love you. Maybe one day you all can sit together and remember the happiness y'all shared together as a family. Who knows, time will tell as much as time heals."

"... Thank you, Gabriel. I needed that. You're so sweet, I see why everyone likes you so much." Kelly moves towards G', giving him a tight hug. G' wraps his arms around her back, holding her briefly.

"You know, I'ma start charging you people for my kindness." G' jested.

"Whatever it cost, I'm buying." Kelly smiled.

"Nah, free of charge for you, you're cool."

And speak of the devil of coolness, a sharp breeze blown through them, giving Kelly the chills.

"Yeah, it's time to go. And we was just having a good conversation, but it's way too chilly without a jacket tonight." G' mentioned. "I don't mind walking you to your dorm, if that's okay with you."

"Yes, thank you. I'd like that. We can still talk more on the way."

"Shall week then?"

Kelly quickly grabbed her bag next to her and vacated the common house with G'. All the way to Kelly's dorm, G' kept his arm draped over Kelly's shoulders, keeping her neck warm. WIth so many people trying to befriend G', Kelly seemed to be the first he may be interested in letting in more than most. But G' wasn't that type of guy to prey on a woman as a rebound. For his sake, he intends to keep it friendly. Perhaps one day it'll bloom into something more. Who knows...
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by The JZA on 03 Jun 2023, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 28 May 2023, 21:28

Last edited by The JZA on 03 Jun 2023, 13:20, edited 5 times in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 28 May 2023, 21:29

Last edited by The JZA on 03 Jun 2023, 23:02, edited 5 times in total.

Agent

Post by Agent » 28 May 2023, 21:33

:dead: I love that gif.

G getting familiar with the ladies at SHU. Kelly could be here for the long run.