Creek: SZN II

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Creek: SZN 1

Post by The JZA » 18 Sep 2023, 09:33

Agent wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 23:35
Poole did an awful job playing hero ball for the Wizards :lol:
We were anticipating for Kuzma to go off, but it was actually Tyus & Jordan trying to do so. We switched up and clamped down on them.

Wouldn't call it a easy win, but it wasn't difficult 8-)

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 18 Sep 2023, 14:08

Sheesh, and we was calling this man the third splash brother not too long ago :obama:

mvp

Post by mvp » 18 Sep 2023, 14:52

bobby and the blazers! making a slow comeback to .500 :yep:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 19 Sep 2023, 10:44

Captain Canada wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 14:08
Sheesh, and we was calling this man the third splash brother not too long ago :obama:
Man couldn't hit water standing in it :drose:

Warriors won't let us be great :jose2:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 19 Sep 2023, 10:45

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 19 Sep 2023, 10:46

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 19 Sep 2023, 11:59

Where we heading off to next? :curtain:

mvp

Post by mvp » 19 Sep 2023, 12:07

:ooo:

...ayy how was chef curry in the pro play?!

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 19 Sep 2023, 12:22

Captain Canada wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 11:59
Where we heading off to next? :curtain:
Currently working on the next mini chapter right now. Stay tuned.
mvp wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 12:07
:ooo:

...ayy how was chef curry in the pro play?!
Stop. Pop. 3 points dropped. What else is there to explain?

He definitely goes after his shots better than any previous entry of 2K. But I didn't personally stick him. He played off guard when Portland had Bobby lined up against CP3. But even so, I tried to help on defense a couple times, man is a menace for that 3-ball.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 19 Sep 2023, 13:27

THE BIG BREAK

"Alright, five more shots kiddo!"

-Swish-...

-Swish-...

"Three more!"

-Swish-...

"Two..."

-The shot banks and rims in and out for the miss-

"Come on, Bobby, last shot. Finish strong!"

-Bobby hesitates his rhythm for a moment and pulls the trigger, knocking down the shot-

"Alright, that's it! Good work man, you're doing it." Mack praised.

Mack Frisby, personal trainer to Bobby Creek, also former high school varsity head coach. Before leaving to Thailand, Bobby would train with Mack in his free time. The two built chemistry while Bobby attended school, signing to the JV at first. Having a knack to be a shooter's shooter, Mack took Bobby under his wing to bring out his potential. Now back in the states, the two picked up like it was just yesterday.

"That's 100 already?" Bobby asked.

"Yep, surprised your arms not ready to fall off."

"A little, but I can still go. So, out of 100, how'd I do?"

"I'm not going to lie to you, kid, I lost track after 60. Your shot is sharp as ever and you're not even scratching the surface yet."

"Thanks... I wouldn't be where I'm at if not for you."

"Oh, come on, you had it all in you all along, I did nothing more than gave you a few pointers. You did all the hard work. Showed dedication, consistency, you're always looking to learn more and critique your-self even when you got the damn thing nearly mastered. You're a damn good athlete, such a shame Portland didn't sign you again. Just need a big break, kiddo."

"Yeah. But I'm here, earning my keep of free workout sessions as your private gym custodian."

"Nonsense, the training is free of charge cause I believe in you. I make you clean to keep you honest. Don't let those bright lights and big bucks get in your headspace. Many have dreamed big, tasted luxury and crashed and burned. Never forget your humble teachings."

"Loud and clear, boss man."

"Alright, so we're done for the day. I got to go grab some groceries for tonight's dinner. Make sure you lock up tight and leave the key in the usual spot, ya' hear?"

"Got it, Mack. Get home safely, I'll shoot you a text to let you know I closed up."

-Bobby gets back to putting up more shots for several more minutes before being ripped out his zone, missing his phone going off. Taking a small breather, he checks his notifications, seeing a missed call from his agent, Jeffrey Adelman.-

"Hey, Jeff! What's up? I missed your call, I'm over here at the gym. What you got for me?"

"Staying sharp with your game, I like that."

"Never know when I get the call up, just staying ready."

"Well, now that you've done the work to stay ready, you don't have to get ready... Because you really don't have much time to anyway. Sacramento wants to sign you."

"The Kings? I thought they were a middle of the pack team, looking to make a push to the top 8?"

"They are, but some misfortune fell on De'Aaron Fox. Guy broke his leg and now Davion Mitchell is manning point as starter. The King want to bring you as his back up."

"Shit, yeah man, I'm all for it. But wait, is this one of those 10-day contracts again?"

"Actually, no. They're looking to sign you for the remainder of the season. $2 Million on the books."

-Without thinking about it, Bobby agreed to sign with the Sacramento Kings-

"Alright, I guess I don't have a choice in this situation."

"No, you don't, my friend. But the Kings said they liked what they saw in you with what you did in Portland. You take that to Sacramento, do a little more, get some buzz around your name for the summer, it'll pay off for you. But for now, Sacramento is giving the opportunity for more exposure."

"Can't argue that. Alright, I'm in."

"Good, good! I'll fax over the papers for you to sign and get them back to me asap. Got to have this in by the end of the night!"

"Sure thing, I'll head to the office and get it done."

"Awesome. And congrats, Bobby. Wishing you nothing but success."

-Bobby ended his call with his agent, thinking about the situation in Sacramento. With De'Aaron Fox out of the picture, there was no depth at that the one, other than Davion Mitchell. This would be a bit of a step up from playing third string behind James Bouknight in Portland, to second. The ball was now in Creek's court-