Step In The Arena

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
djp73

Step In The Arena

Post by djp73 » 15 Sep 2023, 20:16

Topic author
djp73

Step In The Arena

Reserve one

Topic author
djp73

Step In The Arena

Reserve Two

Topic author
djp73

Step In The Arena

Post by djp73 » 15 Sep 2023, 20:17

Reserve Three

Topic author
djp73

Step In The Arena

Post by djp73 » 15 Sep 2023, 20:17

Reserve Four

Topic author
djp73

Step In The Arena

Post by djp73 » 15 Sep 2023, 20:36

This is it.

It's really over, I think to myself as I watch confetti falling from the ceiling of the arena. I look over at the bench that has cleared out before looking to the center of the court to watch Duke celebrate heading to the Final Four. It was a back and forth game most of the way. We came in knowing beating them would be a real uphill battle, but we had been hot, picking up three straight convincing wins over good teams. They just had too much.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see my opposition for the game, Bobby Hurley, standing behind me. I give him the customary hand shake and we exchange a few post game pleasantries.

“You doing another season?” he asked.

“I don't know, man. We'll see what happens. Draft is in a few month, got to think on it all. I'll catch up with you later, okay? Congratulations, good luck going forward man.”

“Hell of a game man, hell of a season.”

I give a quick nod and then I make my way towards the locker room, shaking hands with the opposing team along the way, but not really stopping to speak with anyone. Once I pass our bench, I see Malik waving me over.

"Bro." He says shaking his head. "I thought we was getting another championship."

Malik and I had played together at Tolentine and won a championship together. When we both signed with St. John's we talked about how many championships we would win together. After a NIT Championship as freshmen we'd set our sights on the big one. Last year Duke got us in the second round and after three solid wins to start the tournament this year they'd bounced us again.

I leaned in for a hug, holding it longer than I'd planned as all the emotions came pouring in.

(s/o Derek Baldwin)

Topic author
djp73

Step In The Arena

Post by djp73 » 15 Sep 2023, 21:00

THE BOSTON GLOBE - THURSDAY, JUNE 27, 1991
---
NBA draft
---
Celtics get Fox in first, Rollins in second

---
NEW YORK - Picking 24th and 52nd the Celtics managed to come away with two players who could contribute immediately.

With their first round pick they selected Rick Fox, a 6'7" small forward from North Carolina. Fox averaged 16.9 points per game, 6.6 rebounds and 3.7 assists as a senior.

Late in the draft the Celtics picked Randall Rollins, a 6'2" point guard from St. John's. Rollins averaged 11.3 points per game, 8.8 assists and 2.6 rebounds.

Fox and Rollins should both be able to contribute early on with Fox expected to come off the bench behind Larry Bird and Kevin Gamble while Rollins should compete with Dee Brown and John Bagley for minutes at point guard.

Agent

Step In The Arena

Post by Agent » 15 Sep 2023, 21:07

Mystery man so far. Duke said get outta here

Soapy

Step In The Arena

Post by Soapy » 15 Sep 2023, 21:22

djp73 wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 20:36
This is it.

"It's really over," I think to myself, watching the confetti fall from the arena ceiling.

I look over to the bench that has cleared out before glancing towards the center of the court to watch Duke celebrate heading to the Final Four.

It was a back and forth game most of the way. We came in knowing beating them would be a real uphill battle, but we had been hot, picking up three straight convincing wins over good teams. They just had too much.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see my opposition for the game, Bobby Hurley, standing behind me. I give him the customary hand shake and we exchange a few post game pleasantries.

“You doing another season?” he asked, leaning in as he cupped his hand over his mouth.

“I don't know, man. We'll see what happens. Draft is in a few month, got to think on it all. I'll catch up with you later, okay? Congratulations, good luck going forward man.”

I give a quick nod and then I make my way towards the locker room, shaking hands with the opposing team along the way, but not really stopping to speak with anyone. Once I pass our bench, I see Malik waving me over.

"Bro," he shakes his head, "I thought we was getting another championship."

We had played together at Tolentine and won a championship together. When we both signed with St. John's, we talked about how many championships we would win together. After a NIT Championship as freshmen, we had set our sights on the big one only to fall short against the team that had beaten us in the second round last year.

I leaned in for a hug, holding it longer than I'd planned as all the emotions poured out on his shoulders.
you're welcome

Topic author
djp73

Step In The Arena

Post by djp73 » 15 Sep 2023, 21:30

Soapy wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 21:22
djp73 wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 20:36
This is it.

"It's really over," I think to myself, watching the confetti fall from the arena ceiling.

I look over to the bench that has cleared out before glancing towards the center of the court to watch Duke celebrate heading to the Final Four.

It was a back and forth game most of the way. We came in knowing beating them would be a real uphill battle, but we had been hot, picking up three straight convincing wins over good teams. They just had too much.

“You doing another season?” he asked, leaning in as he cupped his hand over his mouth.

"Bro," he shakes his head, "I thought we was getting another championship."

We had played together at Tolentine and won a championship together. When we both signed with St. John's, we talked about how many championships we would win together. After a NIT Championship as freshmen, we had set our sights on the big one only to fall short against the team that had beaten us in the second round last year.

I leaned in for a hug, holding it longer than I'd planned as all the emotions poured out on his shoulders.
you're welcome
For?