Becoming HIM | The Hakeem Marion Story

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Feb 2024, 02:55

:obama:
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 27 Feb 2024, 10:51

Wasn't even close :obama:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 28 Feb 2024, 07:47

Scars wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 23:14
that's a murder :lbjooo:
Scars, First degree, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th.
Captain Canada wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 10:51
Wasn't even close :obama:
Captain Canada, We saw the chance to break open and didn't look back

Agent

Post by Agent » 28 Feb 2024, 15:12

obliterated them boys

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 01 Mar 2024, 03:11

Agent wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:12
obliterated them boys
Agent, Had to let them know that win was a fluke

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 01 Mar 2024, 14:20

Chapter V: The Way This Game Is Played

After a monstrous defeat, the Penn State Nittany Lions sent the Michigan Wolverines packing as they successfully defended their undefeated home streak. The roaring crowd, the high spirits among the camaraderie, just winning atmosphere it-self, it was incredible, and that much more enjoyable than the last. That was less than 12 hours ago. I wake up early for my usual morning run and find myself locked in the middle between Asia and Keri. They both were peacefully sound asleep. The thought hit me as to check downstairs, only to find my boxers were safely snugged on me. Not that I was relieved to be dressed between two women, it just wasn't that type of time yet. I grabbed my phone from the window pane and saw messages left on my phone as I wiped the crust from my eyes, squinting to read them. One was from Coach Shrewsberry, asking to meet later on. With that done, I had to use the bathroom, so I quietly slip out from Asia's grasp and got out of bed without waking them. Looking around the room, there were a few beer cans lying about. I could only asked how hard did I black out last night, cause truthfully, I can't remember nothing after the game...

As I finished up my 5K run around campus, I noticed some changes in the people's attitude towards me. People were waving more friendly, smiling bigger, eyes filling with elation, you know, like people were happy to see me. I went from that arrogant, big-headed, only thinking about him-self superstar, to a more arrogant, big-headed, still thinking about him-self and his team superstar. You would have thought I had gone viral overnight or something, and had I did, I'm not surprised. But having people ask for autographs and pictures, it's something I wasn't prepared for, but keeping the fans happy was no problem at all. Later that afternoon, I finally had some "me time", so I figured I go see what Coach had on his mind. If I wasn't a man about respect, this would have been one day I'd gladly blow off...

"Hey Coach, what's up? Wanted to see me?"

"Hey Hakeem, thanks for dropping by. How're you holding up?"

"I'm good, I'm good. A bit of aches, but can't complain about today."

"You played a hell of a game last night. That may have been the most dominate performance I've see you play thus far. 'Scuse my language, that was some good shit."

"Hey, don't have to flatter me, Coach, they had it coming. We haven't loss a home game too, wasn't no way I was going to let those boys run amuck against us like they did before."

"I hear that. You've been our secret weapon all season long. "Mr. Hakeem Marion, the big shot superstar. Mr. Saturday night, seven days a week."

"Ayyye, I kinda like that last one, that's a good one!" I rebutted.

"Oh, I bet. You got a lot of names out there."

"Oh yeah, I haven't heard any of them, what the people be nicknaming me?"

"Hm, let's see. We got... "Mr. Selfish". "Mr. All-About-Me". The "Arrogant" Marion. Oh, this one is my favorite, "Hakeem The Bleed-You-Dry". There's quite a few more.

"Hold on man, what's going on? Why the derogatory? I'm sure the people can't be talking about me like that, can't none of that be true."

"Oh, but it is. And it's not just from fans around campus, it's more closer than you think."

"Wait... So you saying, the team feeling some type of way about me?"

That was then when Coach Shrewsberry decided to keep his tongue silent. Coach Shrewsberry proceeded to walk around his desk and sit on the desktop before making another statement.

"See, this is my first year here at Penn State. I was happy to be the head coach here, and I'm still excited about it. We got all the boys rounded up and took off at the start of the season. We took some time to know personnel, we gelled on the court, and things were looking good. Until Sam got hurt. And at the rate you were playing, I had no choice but to feed you the starting position, cause you were hot. Then that's when things started to get worrisome. Your attitude to the team started to change. You got more arrogant with each passing day. You became exclusive with the ball more often than not. Even though we were playing good, winning games, you've put Penn State in a far more brighter spotlight than we needed to be, all because you made it about your-self. The social media posts, the vlogs, the promises, all the charades. Even for ESPN and other sports analyst, they usually take notes of a certain star athlete, not be force fed drivel because of their own platform. You place not only the school, but the team under a lot of criticism and scrutiny, and all it took was for you, the main star of the show, to mess up. And quite frankly, neither I or the team, especially the team, are happy about it, or you..."

Silence momentarily fell onto the room. Taking in that barrage of information, for me, it was baffling. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised. I admit it, I was kinda hurt on the spot. I felt a little stung in my heart as I thought the chemistry I was building with my peers were genuine. At least I thought so...

"Okay, so tell me how you really feel, Coach."

"Honestly, I can give two shits about you north or south, but I do respect the game you possess. I respect your athleticism, your drive and passion for what you do. As a man, I respect that. But you put me in a tough spot Hakeem."

"So what? You going to kick me off the team, or what?" I asked with serious inquisitive.

"No, no, I'm not kicking you off the team, cause bottom line, we need you. I need you, for now. But I will bench you, just as we spoke about prior."

"Come on, Coach, you know that's not in our best interest. We're literally just two games out from finishing the conference games. You seriously going to bench me over some funky ass feelings?"

".... Yeah. Cause you see, this team isn't all about you. You may be the star player, but there are eleven more people on the team that wants to do their part for the team, be a part of the team, and seemingly so, you're just in the way of that. I can't afford to have the majority of my players unhappy with the situation. I can't afford to have many transfers in my first year here."

"You can't be serious..."

"Very much so I am. Like I said, I respect your game. I want nothing but the best opportunities for it. But right now, I got to think about the team more. I have to assert my authority and this time, you will not override my decision. Hakeem... You've gotten us this far, I won't deny that. We're 22-2 because of you, but there's also Jalen, Seth, Greg, Jaheam, Irekefe, and so on. You're telling me that you're that selfish to not sit out two games?"

It was at that point, I heard enough. "Hey, you know what, do what you want Coach, you right, you're the boss around here. College teams are all about the coach, not the players. You don't respect nothing around here. I don't know how the hell you became a head coach. But hey, who am I? I'm just a bench warmer averaging 29.3. points per game, 3.3 steals per game, 5 assists per game. Do what you want man, I'll do what I have to."

With that, I made my exit out of Shrewsberry's office. I could still feel his eyes locked on me as I walked out. Man, there was so much disdain in my mind for that man, with everything he said. But even moreso for my own teammates... Do they really think that about me? A simple ass conversation would've had made a world's difference. I guess that shows that greatness will always have envy spew hatred behind it's back...[/quote]

Scars

Post by Scars » 02 Mar 2024, 01:33

:excuseme: oh nahhhh this dude is trying to get himself fired

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 03 Mar 2024, 10:44

Scars wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 01:33
:excuseme: oh nahhhh this dude is trying to get himself fired
Scars, Everyone is running their course :yep:

Agent

Post by Agent » 04 Mar 2024, 19:52

Penn State trying to keep Hakeem in a box :smh: should've went to Kentucky with Calipari

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 05 Mar 2024, 04:55

Agent wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 19:52
Penn State trying to keep Hakeem in a box :smh: should've went to Kentucky with Calipari
He got a little something something up his sleeve, just enjoy the show
:popcorn: