VIVERE

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 02 Mar 2024, 01:35

chosenone58 wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 02:54
It’s time to put up or shut up for Danny and Xany
let's get it :yep:

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 02 Mar 2024, 01:36

The JZA

VIVERE

Post by The JZA » 03 Mar 2024, 10:29

Two 20/10 pieces :lbjooo: Love it!

DM has been extremely careful with the ball, minimizing his turnovers as of late since that East Side game, definitely some big improvements there.

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 03 Mar 2024, 18:06

The JZA wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 10:29
Two 20/10 pieces :lbjooo: Love it!

DM has been extremely careful with the ball, minimizing his turnovers as of late since that East Side game, definitely some big improvements there.
He doesn't force passes as much as he did in the beginning of the season which helps keep the turnover numbers low. Hope he keeps up with the playoffs coming up

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 03 Mar 2024, 18:12

Chapter 5

After a light practice, Danny decided to eat out with Cassius and Louise for dinner. They went over to the U-Village which is northeast of the UW campus. Louise wanted to eat ramen, but Danny had a strong craving for Chipotle that evening. The two bickered about where to eat for several minutes until they had Cassius decide as the tiebreaker.

Louise scowled at Danny chowing on his ginormous burrito. “You’re the stupidest person I’ve ever known.”

“What do you mean?” Danny replied with a mouthful of meat and vegetables. After Danny took his first bite of the burrito, the wrap started to fall apart immediately. Every time he takes a bite of the burrito, pieces of meat, vegetables, rice, and beans plummet to the table. The only thing that kept the tortilla still intact was his deathly grip. It appeared more like a giant taco rather than a burrito the more Danny continues to eat it.

“Why did you spend 70 dollars on a fucking burrito at Chipotle?!”

“Listen, I saw this crazy YouTube video. The dude ordered double everything on a burrito. Man...when I saw that, I knew I had to try it once in my life.”

Louise raised one of her eyebrows. “Huh?”

“Double everything. Double rice, double beans. My meat choice? All of them. Doubled. Steak, barbacoa, carnitas. Everything. Other toppings? Yes, ma’am, I got em all doubled as well. That dude in the video even went to a Walmart to weigh it before he ate it. It ended up being like four pounds.”

“The poor guy was crying when he was trying to wrap up that monstrosity. I overheard some of his coworkers saying that this is his first day on the job too,” Louise was appalled by what she was witnessing across the table. “Anyway, how is it?”

“Hm, all I can taste is tomatoes. Hold on, let me try out the sauces.” Danny grabbed a container of sour cream and poured it all over the burrito. He took a bite out of a section drenched with sour cream. “Mmmm…much better.”

“Are you sure you should be doing this the night before a big game? You know, the game where a lot of scouts will be watching?” Louise inquires as she observes Danny slathering his burrito with hot sauce. Two years ago, a Chipotle in Seattle closed for a day due to several health violations. A month before that incident, around 40 people were victims of an E. coli outbreak that caused almost 50 branches of Chipotle to shut down throughout Washington and Oregon. It would be a disaster if something happened to him before the upcoming Rainier Beach game, which might be the biggest game of the year for his basketball career so far. Not only will numerous Division 1 scouts be present, but he will also be matched up against fellow MVP candidate Kevin Porter Jr. KPJ is ranked as the best recruit from Washington in the Class of 2018 and is currently being scouted by schools such as USC, Oregon, and Cal.

“I’ll be fine,” Danny said between bites. “Hey, did you know that Chipotle is going to add queso sauce this year? I’m so hyped.”

“Uh-huh…you know who else is hyped? The toilet after you’re done eating.”

“Um…” Cassius timidly raises his hand.

“Oh, I’m so sorry! I forgot you were there, Cassius. What is it?”

“I-I wanted to tell Danny about my dream from yesterday!”

“Cool, what was your dream?” Danny focused his gaze on pouring vinaigrette sauce on his burrito.

“I was playing basketball and there was this huge crowd watching me play! I was doing all these cool dunks and stuff! I was unstoppable!”

“So did you win?” Danny halfheartedly listened while he poured all three sauces onto the burrito.

“No, I lost.”

“You lost? How?”

“There was a bald guy on the other team. He was super strong.”

“A bald guy?” Louise said with a confused look.

“Yeah, he was bald.”

“And how did you lose to him?”

“He was bald.”

“That’s it?”

“Yep, bald guy.”

“Excuse me.” The voice came from a girl with fliers in her hands standing in front of their table. Beside her was a boy in a black hoodie with his hands in his pockets.

“May I help you two?” Louise asked the two strangers standing to her right.

“Have you seen him anywhere?” The girl shows them one of her fliers.

“Recks Black?” Louise scanned the paper and shakes her head. “No, I haven’t seen him before.”

The hooded boy stared at Danny who was preoccupied with his burrito and not aware of the conversation occurring around him. “Hey, you look familiar.” Louise nudged Danny’s arm to get his attention.

Danny looked up and finally discovered the two individuals in front of his table. “Huh, who me?”

“Yeah, where have I seen you before” the hoodie boy placed his fist under his chin. “Hol up, you’re that white boy on Ballislife!”

“Mac McClung? Ain’t he like in Virginia or something?” The girl looked back at him.

“Nah, nah, not that white boy. The other white boy. What’s his name…” The hoodie boy stood still for a few seconds and then snapped his fingers. “I got it. You’re Danny Mortisson.”

“That’s my name.”

“I hear that USC is checking you out now. Our boy Recks was also being highly recruited by USC before he went missing. You a guard which makes you the same position as him. With him out of the picture, you’ll have a higher chance of getting a scholarship from them. What’cha gon’ say bout that?” The boy briefly flaunts a part of a pistol from his pocket.

“Bro, I don’t know who you are, nor have I seen your buddy before. You’re disturbing my burrito time.”

“Clinton, stop!” The girl yanks the boy’s arm back into his pocket to conceal the gun again.

“Fuck no! You’re the one who should stop, Khyri. We been in Seattle for almost a fucking month looking for him! How much longer will you keep doing this shit? Let’s go back home.”

“I’m not leaving until I find Recks. I know he’s still out here somewhere. The three of us were supposed to go to USC together next year.”

“You ain’t going to no USC if you can’t graduate high school because you’re wasting your time out here. If we were all going to USC, why did Recks come here? If that was the goal, why didn’t he commit to USC already? Instead of doing that, guess what? He fucked around and found out! His ass probably dead in a ditch somewhere.”

Khyri slapped Clinton in the face so loudly that it caught everyone’s attention inside the building. “How could you say that?”

“He abandoned us and his two-year-old son who already lost his mother! We have nothing! Just give up already!”

“You’re supposed to be his best friend! The three of us made a pact to be together for life.”

“Well guess what? That pact’s been broke. What have we learned in the past month? Oh, that’s right. My so-called best friend went to Seattle without telling us, and now he’s nowhere to be found. Just forget about him.”

Tears start falling down Khyri’s cheeks. Appalled by the words coming out of her friend’s mouth, she threw the pile of fliers at Clinton and then dashed out of the building with her arm covering her sobbing face.

“Khyri, wait!” Clinton tried to grab Khyri before she ran off. “FUCK!” He slammed his fist on the table and ran out to catch up to her.

“What just happened?” Cassius innocently asked.

“I don’t know, and I don’t care.” Danny takes a big bite out of his burrito which is now almost halfway eaten. “But now I can eat in peace.”

The JZA

VIVERE

Post by The JZA » 04 Mar 2024, 03:16

OG Recks went back in time in another timeline to save Young Recks, showing him the early days of Clinton's betrayal from the shadows #ChangeTheFuture #VivereBallZ

Agent

VIVERE

Post by Agent » 04 Mar 2024, 19:56

:dead: Dateline bout to have a full 2 hour doc on Recks Black missing. Bout to find his skull in a garbage can somewhere

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 05 Mar 2024, 01:42

The JZA wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 03:16
OG Recks went back in time in another timeline to save Young Recks, showing him the early days of Clinton's betrayal from the shadows #ChangeTheFuture #VivereBallZ

I binged the chise right before I started writing so I can make their portrayals as accurate as possible. I originally had the setting be in 2017-18, but going back a year really gave me the opportunity to spice up the story both on and off the court
Agent wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 19:56
:dead: Dateline bout to have a full 2 hour doc on Recks Black missing. Bout to find his skull in a garbage can somewhere

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 05 Mar 2024, 01:43

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 05 Mar 2024, 01:50

next