VIVERE

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Agent

VIVERE

Post by Agent » 04 May 2024, 18:35

Holding the larry obrien trophy :pgdead:

Good shit. Danny's teammates didn't do much. Man couldn't even get more than 2 assists.

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 04 May 2024, 18:41

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 04 May 2024, 18:43

Agent wrote:
04 May 2024, 18:35
Holding the larry obrien trophy :pgdead:

Good shit. Danny's teammates didn't do much. Man couldn't even get more than 2 assists.
2k24's trophy celebration sucks. I barely got any good shots :smh:

It was a little hard for him to get others involved when he was stuck on the bench because of his fouls

chosenone58

VIVERE

Post by chosenone58 » 04 May 2024, 21:32

Danny Phantom was getting to the charity stripe

Missing Miami streetballer??
:excuseme:
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

The JZA

VIVERE

Post by The JZA » 05 May 2024, 01:58

Dejounte's looking at that gutter rainbow like:

Fuck going on in Seattle? :shock:

kibaxx7

VIVERE

Post by kibaxx7 » 05 May 2024, 16:17

Congrats on the title, but man, those last tweets make me wonder where the story is going next!
× A New Horizon ×
× Watching: X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Tigers Are Not Afraid (2017), Crime Story (1993), Capturing the Friedmans (2003) ×

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 14 May 2024, 15:48

chosenone58 wrote:
04 May 2024, 21:32
Danny Phantom was getting to the charity stripe

Missing Miami streetballer??
:excuseme:
picked the wrong park to play in :cry:
The JZA wrote:
05 May 2024, 01:58
Dejounte's looking at that gutter rainbow like:

Fuck going on in Seattle? :shock:
KPJ so unserious in the biggest game of his high school career lol

The streets ain't safe here. Someone's gotta do something :smh:
kibaxx7 wrote:
05 May 2024, 16:17
Congrats on the title, but man, those last tweets make me wonder where the story is going next!

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 14 May 2024, 16:18

Chapter 8

Thumps of a basketball smacking on to the concrete drown out the chirps of crickets trying to bask in the warm evening air. A man donned in all-gray sportswear stood on top of the key, awaiting his friend behind the rim to pass him the ball.

As the friend chucked the ball onto the court, he asked a rather odd question.

“Do you believe second chances in life, Manny?”

“Jelly with the philosophical question?” Manny chuckles while throwing up a shot. “I think I need to buy a lottery ticket after we’re done here.”

“I’m not joking, man.”

“Fine, fine, I’m sorry for laughing. Second chance as in life after you spend time in prison or something?”

“Not like that. Like, you know how you die and you go to Heaven or Hell? Instead of that happening, you’re still alive but not alive as yourself. You know what I mean?”

“Huh?” Manny lost grip of the ball and shot it a few inches short from hitting the rim. “Jelly, have you been drinking again? I told you to lay off that purple stuff. How’ll Tasha react if she finds out?”

“Chill, chill. I’m clean as a bean,” Jelly catches the airball and passes it back to Manny. “I’m just asking you an honest question. What if you die but then you open your eyes and you’re still alive but as a different person.”

“Like reincarnation or something?”

“Oh shit, that’s it! Reincarnation. I knew you smart! How about stop all this NBA dream nonsense and use that brain for something else.”

“Reincarnation is just nonsense created by people coping for life after death. Why are you asking?”

“What if I tell you all that is actually real?”

“Huh?” Manny loses focus again and undershoots the ball. The ball missed the rim and landed right in front of Jelly’s feet.

“Damn, you suck.”

“Shut it,” Manny sucks his teeth.

Manny slowly lowered himself onto the couch and elevated his right leg covered in a cast on the stool in front of him, placing his crutches on the side. He let out a heavy sigh and picked up the remote to turn on the TV.

“Jelly Jefferson has done it! He is your 1998 USBC Masters winner! At only 18 years old, he has become the youngest bowler to ever win a major.”

The reporter jogged over to Jelly who was in the middle of throwing a young fan from the audience in the air.

“Jelly, you’ve already achieved so much at such a young age. How does it feel to etch your name in history?”

“You see,” Jelly snatches the microphone out of the reporter’s hand and brings it so close to his mouth that it looks like he will take a bite. “I always knew I was special. God gave me gifts that no one else has, and you know I gotta take advantage of that. Even before winning, I considered myself the best. I’m the best, and nobody’ll take me down as long as I’m breathing on this beautiful earth. Call me the G-BOAT! Greatest. Bowler. Of. All. Time. That’s me and don’t forget it.” Jelly pointed straight at the camera before walking away.

Manny turned off the TV and threw the remote across the room before holding his face down on his hands. “Goddamn it.”

Clenching his fists and clawing his cheeks in the process, Manny can feel nothing but envy towards his friend. As Jelly has cemented himself as professional bowling’s top rising star, Manny is lazing around on the couch whilst his basketball career was looking grim after tearing every ligament in his knee. Manny was already struggling to get any playing time on his local JUCO team which was worsening his chances to make it to a D1 school, let alone the NBA.

A memory from a year ago reappeared in Manny’s mind. The prospect of reincarnation being a reality. Manny wondered why Jelly would ever bring that topic. Moreover, Manny began to question that memory and his image of Jelly even more. How did he become so good at bowling in just a year? In the few times that Manny and Jelly had went to a bowling alley during high school, Jelly never had any stand-out performances or shown interest in going professional in bowling. The idea of playing for the PBA only came about late into their senior year last year when he announced that he already received his license.

Senior year. That was the same period when Manny started to notice a change in Jelly. Manny guiltily thought Jelly was someone with no aspirations that will end up as a freeloading deadbeat in the future. That was his opinion of him until he suddenly changed last year. Jelly started to show an overwhelming amount of swagger to the point it can be interpreted as arrogance and involving himself in more extracurriculars while balancing it with his bowling tournaments. Using his winnings from bowling, he would give back to the community and donate to charity. Manny thought to himself that this did not feel like a gradual improvement in character. It was as if Jelly had transformed into a different person.

“McMahon, a new job came in. Don’t know who’s it from, but they personally sent you a letter.”

McMahon walked out of the office before ripping open the envelope and taking out the crumpled letter from inside. Botello stooped over McMahon’s shoulder to try to read the contents of the mysterious letter.

Dear Detective Emmanuel McMahon,

Or should I say Manny? It’s a been a while, hasn’t it? It’s been almost 20 years? I’m sorry we haven’t talked since graduating high school. When I found out you became a private investigator after you gave up on basketball, I thought there’d be nobody else more perfect to ask of this than you. Before I go any further, I should already be dead by the time you read this.

I already told you my secret before. Remember when we talked about reincarnation? If you don’t remember, let me jog your memory again. This isn’t my first life. I have memories of a previous life. A life from a different world from this one. Something like a parallel world, I guess. As much as I want to talk more about it, I don’t have much time left. I want you to find and protect my son. I left a picture inside the envelope, so you’ll know what he looks like. There’s someone out to get me and my son. I already sent my son off, but he should still be somewhere here in Washington. Please find and protect him. I know this is a lot to ask of you. I have already forwarded the payment plus extra to your agency. I’m sorry I stole the Jelly you knew for over 10 years. I’m sorry I wasn’t a better friend to you. Please. You’re the only one I can ask for help.

Sincerely,
Jerome “Jelly” Jefferson

“Jelly Jefferson? You knew THE Jelly Jefferson?! The greatest pro bowler of all time?! Why didn’t you tell me?” Botello exclaimed in disbelief.

“It’s a long story,” McMahon replied, almost shedding a tear before quickly wiping his eyes.

Thus, Detective McMahon and his partner Botello commenced their newest task. Later that evening, news about the murder of legendary bowler Jelly Jefferson was announced. As they looked for clues on the son’s location, they discovered that Jelly’s death had a connection to the numerous disappearances that has occurred over the past year. Like Jelly, the victims of the disappearances were well-known athletes of some kind. A month later, the two accidentally stumbled upon finding a boy who matched the son’s appearance on the photo when they parked near a playground to eat lunch. The boy collapsed and was brought to the hospital by a high schooler who was talking to him. After meeting them at the hospital, they allowed the boy to stay with the person who saved him for safekeeping. Since the culprit was still lurking around, the boy would never be safe. McMahon’s mission had now pivoted to capturing the perpetrator of these cases, dead or alive.

March 15, 2017 (Present)

McMahon and Botello were trailing a clue for the missing Antonio Snow who was last spotted near the Rocks of Sharon outside of Spokane. Traveling on the path, nothing was out of the ordinary until they approached Big Rock. Hanging off a tree next to the bottom of the cliff was the body of the young streetballer who they were searching for.

“That’s him, isn’t it?” Botello winced, staring at the body dangling off the branch.

“Call the rangers. We can’t leave him out here like this,” McMahon clenched his teeth.

As Botello took out his phone and started dialing, a loud bang reverberated through the trees. When McMahon turned around, all he saw was Botello grabbing his shoulder, grimacing in pain. Before McMahon could utter out the first syllable of his partner's name, a bullet pierced through Botello dead center between his eyes.

“BOTELLO, NO!!!” McMahon yelled as he saw Botello plummet to the ground.

A third shot was fired, which ended up hitting McMahon as he was running to cover. McMahon gasped for air, putting pressure onto his left lower abdomen which was oozing red through his coat. He concealed himself from his predator behind a rock surrounded by several tall thick trees. Ten feet in front of him was the lifeless body of his partner, resting in a pool of blood that was slowly flowing downhill.

McMahon slowed down his breath and started to assess the situation. The murderer is somewhere in the forest. This was probably McMahon’s only chance. If McMahon is unable to kill him here, then he will go for Jelly’s son next.

--

“Hi, Mom. It’s me again. Sorry I couldn’t come sooner,” Danny places the state championship on the table and sits down by the bedside of his comatose mother. “You see this, Mom? I actually won something! I’m a state champion which is still insane for me to think about. And that’s not the only award I got this season. I’m All-State and I’m in the running for Mr. Basketball in Washington. Oh, and I also will be playing in the state all-star game tonight. Can you imagine that?”

Ring-ring-ring!

“McMahon? Haven’t heard from Dumb and Dumber in a while,” Danny reads the caller ID on his phone screen and answers the call. “Hello?”

“Danny? Can you hear me?” McMahon asks while heavily panting.

“Yeah, loud and clear. What’s going on?”

“Listen, I don’t have much time. I found the mastermind behind all the murders and disappearances in the past year. He already got Botello, and he’s looking for me right now.”

“Ok? So, what do you want me to do?“

“Protect the kid at all costs. I already deposited your pay in your bank account. What I sent you should cover what I would’ve paid you for the next 3 months.”

“Are you okay?”

“Not really. I’m pretty banged up right now. Hah….hah…Right, I almost forgot. I should tell you, huh?”

“Tell me about what?”

“The murderer. He’s…..closer……than…..”

“Huh? What did you say? You’re breaking up on me, man.”

“The culprit is…..” Only static can be heard as McMahon was trying to say the identity of the murderer.

“What? Say it again. The signal's really bad.”

“It’s….He’s your……The culprit….OH FUCK!” Sounds of footsteps running away from the speaker were heard before the call went down.

“Hello? McMahon? Hello?”

--

After the strange phone call from McMahon, Danny rushed over to Louise’s house to tell her and her mother about what had just happened.

“Don’t worry too much. You can go to your game while we stay here and watch Cassius,” Sylvia assured.

“Are you sure?” Danny concernedly asked. “It’s just an exhibition game. I don’t have to go.”

“One more basketball game in high school isn’t going to hurt you,” Louise says as she pushes Danny to the front door. “We’ll keep watch of him today while you go play. Once the game is over, then you come back here. Does that sound fine with you?”

“I guess…I don’t know. I just have a bad feeling about all of this.”

“Quit worrying!” Louise karate chops the top of Danny’s head. “It’s like a 20-minute drive from here to the school you’ll be playing at! It’s not like you’ll be playing in China.”

“I guess you’re right. I’ll get going then.”

“Danny, wait!” As Danny was heading out the door, a voice coming from behind Louise called out for him. Louise turns around and steps aside to reveal Cassius who was hiding behind her.

“You need something, Cassius?” Danny kneels to eye level with Cassius.

“I…Never mind. It can wait. I’ll tell you after you come back.”

“Alright, it’s a promise then,” Danny pats Cassius on the head before leaving the house. “I'll come back and then you can tell me all about it. In return, I got something to tell you too.”

A few hours later…

Sylvia was setting plates on the dining table to get ready for dinner while Louise and Cassius were playing Mario Kart.

Ding-dong!

“You guys can stay here. I’ll get the door,” Sylvia walks to the front and opens the door. “Yes?”

Bang!

Topic author
Scars

VIVERE

Post by Scars » 14 May 2024, 16:59

Agent

VIVERE

Post by Agent » 14 May 2024, 22:04

Interesting storyline. The missing Antonio Snow :dead: Bro listened to someone get murked on the phone & ain't budge an inch.

Keep this rolling my dude.