Make It Rain – The Tavon Cash Story

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 27 Aug 2019, 07:38

Tavon making it rain supreme numbers

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 27 Aug 2019, 07:38

Tavon making it rain supreme numbers

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 15 Nov 2019, 14:01

Sixers win Summer League Championship on cruise control

(6-1) 72 @ 59 (6-1)

Domantas Sabonis bewildered after getting posterized by Tavon Cash.

Starting Lineups:
Sixers | Pacers
Tavon Cash -PG- Spencer Sweetney
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot -SG- James Young
Ben Simmons -SF- Bernard Best
Dario Saric -PF- T.J. Leaf
Jahlil Okafor -C- Myles Turner
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas & Mack Center. Paradise, NV. - From the first quarter, this game was practically over. The Sixers are so stacked that they coasted the entire game. With Myles Turner shut down by Jahlil Okafor of all people, there was no chance that the Pacers would win.

Tavon Cash wins the Summer League MVP, averaging 24.7 points (50% FG, 38% 3PT, 88% FT), 3.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 1.1 steals.

Sixers | 19 | 16 | 15 | 22 || 72
Pacers | 9 | 13 | 22 | 19 || 59

Philadelphia 76ers
Tavon Cash: 22 pts, 5 reb, 6 ast, 3 stl, 8/15 FG, 6/7 FT
Ben Simmons: 13 pts, 7 reb, 5/8 FG, 3/4 FT
Richaun Holmes: 10 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast, 5/10 FG, 0/1 FT
Jahlil Okafor: 9 pts, 6 reb, 1 ast, 2 blk, 4/8 FG, 1/2 FT

Indiana Pacers
Spencer Sweetney: 14 pts, 2 reb, 4 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk, 6/14 FG, 1/2 3PT, 1/4 FT
T.J. Leaf: 9 pts, 1 reb, 1 stl, 3 blk, 3/5 FG, 3/3 3PT
Myles Turner: 6 pts, 8 reb, 3 stl, 3/9 FG

Hibbert Player of the Game: James Young: 23 min, 0 pts, 0/4 FG, 0/2 3PT

Next Event: 2017-18 NBA Season

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 18 Nov 2019, 18:13

We still on summer league?
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 21 Nov 2019, 13:17

chosenone58 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 18:13
We still on summer league?
Now we're not. It took way too long to get that over with it, but I can finally move on to the good stuff :mischief:

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 21 Nov 2019, 13:22

Chapter 21
July 17, 2017.

“I need to see some identification, sir.”

“Don’t you know who I am?”

“No. ID, please.”

After winning the summer league championship, Tavon was dragged by Jahlil Okafor and Ben Simmons to celebrate at a strip club. Alas, their celebration has come to a delay as they have been stopped by the bouncer in front of the door.

“I’m Ben Simmons. Don’t you recognize me? I’ve come here several times before,” the 6’9” Australian said as he towered over the 5’6” bouncer. “Now would you let me and my friends go inside?”

“Name doesn’t ring a bell. Even if I did know who you are, I would still have to see an ID to verify. Sorry but that’s club policy.”

“Here-”

Jahlil took out his ID to show to the bouncer but was stopped by Ben.

“You don’t have to do that, bro. I got this.”

Rookie mistake. Surely this event will be used for debating whether Ben Simmons will be considered a rookie, which would make him eligible for Rookie of the Year, or not. Sorry, Donovan Mitchell.

“If you don’t let me or my friends inside, I’m going to talk to your manager,” Simmons threatens, pointing his finger right at the bouncer’s face.

“Alright, alright. You don’t have to do that. You’re Ben Simmons, right? Hang on.” The bouncer sighs and takes out his phone to search up Simmons. “You’re a basketball player, huh?”

“Hell yeah, I am.”

“Prove it to me right now. Any of you got a paper I can borrow?”

“I got this letter from a fan-”

The bouncer snatches the fan letter from Tavon’s hand and crumples it to a ball. He then picks up the trash can that was next to the door and places it five away from where Ben Simmons is standing.

“If you can shoot this paper ball and make it into that trash can, I will let you guys in,” the bouncer states his conditions to Ben while placing the paper ball in his hands.

“I have to shoot a jumper?”

“Uh, yeah. Basketball players shoot basketballs into a hoop for a living. Now go.”

Simmons trembles as he looks down on the paper ball he has in his hands. The trash can is nowhere in range for him to do a layup. He must do a jump shot, his worst enemy. He could pretend that he was doing a free throw instead, but he is not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed if he failed all his classes at LSU.

“Brudda, you got this. This ain’t nothing.”

“I want to smother my face in tiddies.”

With cheers coming from Jahlil and Tavon, the pressure increased for Simmons. This was more nerve-wrecking for the former number one pick than taking the last shot in a Game 7 to win the NBA Finals. To him, women were more valuable than rings. He does not live by the “bros before hoes” moniker. Anyone can clearly see that a man like Ben Simmons would fall for a Kardashian in the future. Seeing the distance between himself and the trash can, Simmons fainted. Everyone outside the club looked in disbelief. What a rookie.

“Are you gonna beat this nigga up so we can get inside?” Tavon looked over at Jahlil and asked.

“Nah, this isn’t Boston.”

----

Failing to get into the club, Tavon headed back to the hotel to relax for the rest of the night. As he was reaching for his key card, two men in black suits approached him.

“May I help you?” Tavon asks the suits while taking out his key card from his pocket.

“The boss would like to see you,” one of the suits said in a monotone voice.

“Who?”

Tavon inserts the key card into the lock and opened the door to his room.

“Look, I’m not trying to buy any thing that you’re selling. If this is about some endorsement or whatever, can we discuss this tomorrow morning or some other time? I’m really tired, man. You understand, right?”

The suits looked at each other and nodded at each, proceeding to remove the wigs and to expose their shiny, smooth scalps. Tavon briefly glances before fully looking at the men when he noticed that they were both bald.

“You’re fucking kidding me.”

Tavon darted in the opposite direction of the suits and made a right turn at the hallway. Nearing the end of the hallway, he spots a few more bald men coming out of the elevators and shifted direction toward the stairs. Tavon reached the ground floor and ran outside of the hotel, only to be met by a dozen of bald men surrounding the vicinity.

Tavon shook his head at what he was seeing in front of him. “Nahhhhhhh. I ain’t letting this shit happen to me.”

He futilely attempted to run again, only to trip on a stray dog that was looking for food. As he was being tied up and thrown into the back of a limousine, Tavon could only shake his head. Once again, Tavon lost to bald people.

Inside the back of the limousine was his angel partner Haziel and a stern looking old man with a scar around his right eye.

The old man removes his shades. “Hello, Tavon Cash.”

“Um, hello.” Tavon stared Haziel, guessing that this mess they’re in is totally his stupid partner’s fault. Tavon sighed and looked back at the old man. “So what did this idiot do?”

“You must be mistaken. I think the real idiot is you,” the old man laughed heartily.

Tavon looked perplexed as he notices Haziel sulking in guilt.

“This man bet your entire rookie contract on a horse race and lost. Now that I own your contract, you will be working for me now.”

“Huh?”

“Did I stutter?”

Unamused, Tavon turned over at Haziel. “YOU WHAT?!”

“I had a good feeling that True Secret would win.”

“BUT WHY DID YOU BET WITH MY CONTRACT?!”

“I WAS CONFIDENT, OKAY?! HE WAS HEAVILY FAVORED TO WIN!”

The old man cleared his throat. “I hate to interrupt your two’s bickering, but I’m a busy man. I will make this quick. Mr. Cash, you will continue doing your business playing for the Sixers as if we never met, but all of your earnings will be sent to me.”

“And what if I don’t?”

The old man takes out a revolver from his inside pocket and shoots Tavon in the lower right leg. Tavon cried in agony as he held his right leg.

“Buggers, I wanted to aim a littler higher. Surely I won’t miss my next shot.”

“How am I gonna play now?! You just shot me!”

“Not my problem.”

“And how am I gonna provide for myself if I won’t get any money from my contract?!”

“Not my problem either.”

Tavon slouched and sighed. “At least I still have my shoe contract.”

“Actually…”

“What did you do…”

Haziel laughs in guilt as he looks up at Tavon. “You see…”

“I bet that on a game of poker.”

“And you lost?”

“Yes.”

Tavon facepalmed and lets out a big sigh. All his hard-earned money gone before he even played an official NBA game because a stupid angel gambled it away. He tried to lunge at the old man but was held back by Haziel.

“Let go!”

“My friend understands the terms. He shall follow them entirely whenever you give them.”

“Very well. We’ll end out meeting here. Next time we will speak is when you receive your first paycheck. Don’t even dare try to run away from me, Tavon Cash. I got eyes on you everywhere.”

Tavon and Haziel were let out of the car in miles outside of the city limit of Las Vegas. Haziel healed the gunshot wound on Tavon’s leg as soon as the gang leader’s car was out of sight.

“What’s up with that?” Tavon asked bitterly. “Couldn’t you just kill them off with some angelic power?”

Haziel stood silently.

“Hey, talk to me.”

“I can’t tell you yet,” Haziel quietly replied.

“What you say? I couldn’t hear that.”

“You’ll understand later. For now…just bear with it. We can get the money back.”

“Huh? What the fuck does that mean-”

Haziel shoved Tavon onto the road as impending traffic was approaching. This was how Tavon Cash became the most broke number one pick in NBA history before even playing a regular season game.

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 22 Nov 2019, 12:30

Tavon Cash out for the season after car accident
By Leph Jamabo. July 18, 2017 7:02 AM

LAS VEGAS, NV — Summer league festivities have come to an abrupt end.

Hours after the Sixers beat the Pacers for the summer league championship, number one pick Tavon Cash was involved in a hit-and-run incident. Late last night, Cash was found walking next to the road of the Interstate-15 outside of Las Vegas. Reports state that Cash fell over on the road before getting hit by an incoming car. Fortunately, his injuries appear to be not fatal and will have to get surgery for a dislocated ACL in his left leg.

The reason for Cash being outside the Las Vegas city limits remains unknown. Diagnosis confirms that Cash is negative for alcohol or drugs in his system.

Cash led the Sixers to a Summer League championship and was named the Summer League MVP this year after averaging 24.7 points, 3.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 1.1 steals.

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 24 Nov 2019, 19:58

Damn son. That tough
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 30 Nov 2019, 17:37

chosenone58 wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 19:58
Damn son. That tough
Sure is

Since he's out for the season, I'm gonna be doing a side story in place of the 16-17 season. We'll see how this goes :curtain:

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 30 Nov 2019, 17:39

Side Story: JJ Part 1

Dogs barking resonated throughout the forests, searching for their target. Even with the trees and the night sky covering us, it is not enough. At this rate, those people are going to catch up to us. I must do something.

“Jeffrey!” the women yelled out to me as I let go of her and the boy’s hand.

“GET OUTTA HERE! I’LL HOLD EM OFF!”

“No, I can’t leave you! We’re supposed to get free together!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll catch up to you guys! I’m promise…you can count on that.”

The woman hesitated but grabbed the boy’s hand and continued running. The sounds of their footsteps muzzled as they ran farther away. In the opposite direction, two men on horseback are approaching me.

Despite not being armed compared to the two men equipped with rifles on their backs, my legs still managed to move towards them. Even if I can only stall them for a moment, it still means that they have more time to escape.

But just when I was about to leap towards one of the men on horseback, I open my eyes to a familiar ceiling. I stood up and scanned the area to see the same, old apartment I reside in. Right, I was just having that dream. At least in this world, it is only a dream.

----

“You’re letting me go?!”

“I’m afraid so.” The man sitting in front of me replied with a frowning face.

After waking up, I got a message on my phone from the team president that he wants to talk to me in person. Well, I didn’t expect this. I slammed my hands on the president’s desk, but he remained unfazed.

“Your performance has been fine,” the president took a sip of his coffee before looking back at me. “However, I believe that the team’s direction will be better off without you here.”

“That doesn’t make any sense. ‘Team’s direction will be better’ without me? That’s bullshit! You guys need me! I’m leading the team in points. Hell, I’m one of the top scorers in all of Bundesliga!”

“That may be true, but lately your presence on and off the court has been affecting the team negatively. There have been six instances this week that a player has approached me regarding your behavior. It is best if we head our separate ways.”

The president stood up from his chair and walked over next to me.

“Good luck on your future endeavors, Mr. Hudson,” the president nonchalantly utters, holding out what appears to be my final paycheck in his hand to me.

----

Great, I’m jobless once again.

I thought I had a good thing going with Alba Berlin, but I guess not. I got to tell my agent about the news and discuss on the next move. I thought this basketball thing was supposed to be easy, but I haven’t even gotten close to the NBA yet. Four years, four different teams. None of them were NBA or G-League team. This reincarnation shit was a fucking scam.

I called up my agent and he immediately answered.

“Heyo, J.J. my man! What’s going on?” my agent asks in an ecstatic tone.

“Uh, hey Garry…Alba Berlin cut me.”

“Whaaaat?! No way.”

“Uh yeah, they just did.”

The line was silent for a few seconds before Garry started to speak again. “Huh, the news just popped up on Twitter. Oh well.”

“The fuck you mean ‘Oh well’?! I don’t have a job right now!”

“J.J., J.J., J.J. You don’t have to worry about anything,” Garry confidently replied before clearing his throat. “I got you bud. You’ll be on a new team in no time.”

“Uh-huh…”

“Oh, come on! When have I ever failed you? I’ll call you later, ‘kay?”

I went back to my apartment and watched random YouTube videos until Garry called me again a few hours later.

“Yo,” I answered.

“Guess what?”

“I got an offer?”

“Bingo! The San Jose Cyborgs have offered you a one-year contract.”

“San Jose Cyborgs? What team is that?”

“It’s one of the 30 teams that will be a part of the XBA, a brand-new minor basketball league in America. Its inaugural season is in two months. What do you say?”
“Y-You’re kidding me,” I chuckled.

A new league? What a joke. I’m one of the best players in Europe. I’m more deserving of better offers.

“I think I’ll just wait for more offers.”

“Alright. We’ll keep in touch.”

----

Almost two months have passed. I still have no other offers. What gives? Why doesn’t anyone want me? I’m sitting on my agent’s couch rewatching The Office for the fifth time while fucking Kyle Singler is in the NBA.

Garry came out of the bathroom and jumped on the couch next to me. He picked up the unsolved Rubiks cube that was on the coffee table and started playing with it.

“You know there’s two weeks till the XBA tips off. The Cyborgs’ offer is still on the table. I can guarantee that you will be one of, if not the best, players in the league. Just go out there and play your game and a team from Europe or China will come knocking on your door in no time.”

I let out a heavy sigh. It looks like I have no other choice.

“Fine. I’ll do it.”

“Great!” Garry leaped off the couch. “I’ll contact the team, and we will get the contract details going.”

Garry took out his phone and started dialing a number as he left the room.

I went back to watching, but my mind was not focused on the TV. My mind was filled with the same thoughts that plagued me for the last couple of years. The more teams let me go, the longer my basketball career continues without me stepping on an NBA court, the more these thoughts fill my brain. What if, just what if… What if I didn’t decide to reincarnate? I’m starting to think that the real hell is here.