Make It Rain – The Tavon Cash Story

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 20 Dec 2018, 15:13

Chillcavern wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 00:24
Natty is round 3 against Pitt? Could not have written it up better, storybook shit right here :yep:

You got this
Crazy how things unfold in this tournament. Never expected this to happen
C-Dub wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 00:36
Cash bout to win the natty & then cash out :letsgo:
lets get this bread :yep:

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 20 Dec 2018, 15:13

Chapter 17
April 2, 2017. Courtyard Phoenix Camelback. 11:34 PM.

Tavon sneaked out of his room and went outside to the fitness center, sitting next to the pool to collect his thoughts. Tomorrow was the big game, which made Tavon a bit antsy. The championship game is round three against Pittsburgh, a team that Miami is currently 1-1 against this season. Tavon never really won the "big one" in anything, as one would refer these types of events, even in his first life. When Tavon played Melee before dying, he would always fall short at supermajors right at the end, finishing in 2nd or 3rd. Even after being resurrected, he and the Seymour Owls were just one win away from playing in the state championship. Since Pittsburgh does not have any bald people on their team, this game is Tavon's game to lose. There is no excuse for Miami to lose this game.

"So this is where you are," a voice emits from near the door. It was Haziel, who made the trip to Phoenix to see his key to return to Heaven play on college basketball's biggest stage.

"What are you doing here?"

"The reason is obvious, Tavon," Haziel answers as he sits down next to Tavon.

"You're betting on the game?"

"Well, yes, I am but that isn't the reason why I'm here."

"You should really settle down with the gambling. One day, it could really bite us," Tavon says with a sigh of concern.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Oh I don't know...'For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.' I think that was I Timothy 6:10."

"Don't you dare quote verses against me."

Tavon looks over to Haziel with a slightly annoyed look. "Since you're an angel and all, then why don't you follow them?"

"That's a none of your business. A human like you would never understand," Haziel grumbles as he crosses his arms.

"Oh well," Tavon shrugs. "I guess this human will just retire right now, and you'll stay here forever."

Upon hearing Tavon's response, Haziel, on the brink of crying, clings on to Tavon and starts shaking him. "No, no, no, please don't do that."

"I'm just playing, man. Don't worry," Tavon chuckles.

"My soul, Tavon. Don't joke around like that," Haziel sits back down relieved. "Not a lot of people I resurrected ever made it to the National Championship, let alone the Final Four. Not even Derek Baldwin accomplished what you're doing right now."

The name "Derek Baldwin" has mentioned several times to Tavon, but he still did not know anything about this person. Curious, Tavon had to ask Haziel. "Hey, who is Derek Baldwin?"

"What? I didn't tell you about Baldwin yet?" Haziel staggered. "Long story short, he's the greatest person to ever be reborn into a basketball player. Won six rings, two gold medals, et cetera, et cetera."

"So where is he now?"

"If I recall correctly, he should be playing around this time period. It appears we got transported to a universe where he never played basketball, though."

"Damn, that's a shame."

"Language."

"Oh, sorry." Tavon was disappointed. With the way he has been playing recently, he felt that he can do special things in the NBA. If Baldwin was in the NBA in this universe, Tavon would have an idea on how to get into the Hall of Fame and get Haziel back home.

"Don't fret, Tavon. You'll do fine. Just one more game and you'll be going to be the NBA."

"As long as I don't get shot or kidnapped again, I will be."

"True."

Tavon responds as he checks his phone for the time. "Well I should head on back."

"Very well. Good night." Haziel extends his fist out to Tavon, asking for a fist bump.

Tavon noticed the gesture and grinned. "Night, man," Tavon responds and fist bumps Haziel. "Pitt's going down tomorrow."

Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 20 Dec 2018, 16:02

Derek Baldwin shout out :kghah:

Good story update, interesting to see that Cash is lacking confidence heading into the last game.

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 20 Dec 2018, 16:48

Chillcavern wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 16:02
Derek Baldwin shout out :kghah:

Good story update, interesting to see that Cash is lacking confidence heading into the last game.
Pittsburgh has no bald people on the team so hopefully he can win :yep:

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 20 Dec 2018, 16:48

Gonzaga vs. North Carolina 2017: Date, tipoff time, and TV channel for NCAA championship game
A brief look ahead at the Final Four’s final game.

Projected Starting Lineups
#1 Pittsburgh (32-7) | #1 Miami (37-1)
Justice Kithcart -PG- Tavon Cash
Chris Jones -SG- Davon Reed
Jamel Artis -SF- Rashad Muhammad
Michael Young -PF- Dewan Huell
Rozelle Nix -C- Kamari Murphy
Injuries
Pittsburgh: Justice Kithcart (hip pointer, day-to-day), Sheldon Jeter (broken wrist, out)
Miami: None

Date and time: Monday, April 3 at 9 p.m. ET

Channel: CBS

March Madness comes to a conclusion on Monday with the championship showdown between Miami and Pittsburgh. This year's championship not only consists of two No. 1 seeds but it is also the first time that two teams from the same conference in the national title game since 1988. This feat has only happened two times before now, Villanova vs Georgetown (Big East) in 1985 and Oklahoma vs. Kansas (Big 8) in 1988.

Miami and Pittsburgh played each other twice this season, both winning one by a blowout.

The game figures to be a close one and if it's anything like last year's down-to-the-wire event, we're in for a treat. Vegas Insider's consensus currently has Miami at -1.

Here are our team's picks:

Brett LoGiurato: Pittsburgh 76, Miami 68
Cork Gaines: Miami 81, Pittsburgh 80
Emmett Knowlton: Miami 79, Pittsburgh 75
Scott Davis: Miami 72, Pittsburgh 71
And to the experts, with picks coming from ESPN, Sports Illustrated, CBS, and Sporting News.

Jay Bilas, ESPN: Pittsburgh
Fran Faschilla, ESPN: Miami
Jeff Goodman, ESPN: Pittsburgh
Seth Greenberg, ESPN: Pittsburgh
Dan Dakich, ESPN: Pittsburgh
Andy Katz, ESPN: Miami
Jay Williams, ESPN: Miami
Dana O'Neil, ESPN: Miami
Jeff Borzello, ESPN: Miami
Seth Davis, SI: Miami
Bill Reiter, CBS: Miami
Gary Parrish, CBS: Miami
Matt Norlander, CBS: Miami
Chip Patterson, CBS: Pittsburgh
Kyle Boone, CBS: Pittsburgh
Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News: Pittsburgh
So, in total, 12 of our experts (including ourselves) have Miami, while eight have Pittsburgh. Hopefully the game is as close as the bets.

C-Dub

Post by C-Dub » 20 Dec 2018, 17:13

I got 10 G's on Miami $$$

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 20 Dec 2018, 17:36

Yeah, I think the smart money is with Miami. Do me proud.

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 20 Dec 2018, 18:33

C-Dub wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 17:13
I got 10 G's on Miami $$$
Captain Canada wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 17:36
Yeah, I think the smart money is with Miami. Do me proud.
I'll just let the next update do the talking for me :drose:

Topic author
Scars

Post by Scars » 20 Dec 2018, 18:33

The Bald Miracle! Jamel Artis hits game-winning layup to shock Hurricanes and win the National Championship for the Panthers

(33-7) 89 #1 @ #1 87 (37-2)

Pittsburgh #1 Jamel Artis blows by Miami #5 Davon Reed and makes the game-winning layup.

Starting Lineups:
Pittsburgh | Miami
Justice Kithcart -PG- Tavon Cash
Chris Jones -SG- Davon Reed
Jamel Artis -SF- Rashad Muhammad
Michael Young -PF- Dewan Huell
Rozelle Nix -C- Kamari Murphy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
University of Phoenix Stadium. Glendale, AZ. - In a galaxy far far away known as Indiana high school basketball, Tavon Cash dominated the competition. Only one thing was able to stop Cash--bald people. Now here in the college level, no bald people were to be found on the court. As a result, Cash flourished. Nobody had an answer to stopping the freshman phenom...until tonight.

Down by 7 at halftime, Pittsburgh decided to pull out their trump card. Head coach Kevin Stallings already had the Kevin Malone hairdo, but the team decided to take it to the next level. Team captain Michael Young, who absolutely sucked tonight and was in foul trouble the whole game, was chosen to shave his coach's remaining hair off his scalp to help his team win. According to starting point guard Justice Kithcart, the team did not even talk about anything basketball related at halftime. During the whole halftime, the entire team was praying to the bald gods. Once the second half started, the Pittsburgh Panthers played like a different team.

With their now bald coach, the Pitt bench lifted their hands up in the air as they gain power from all the bald people around the world to take down Miami. Aside from Cash and Huell, the Canes were shaken up from the sudden change in momentum. Pitt was playing 4D chess while Miami was playing checkers.

Because their team struggled to score, Tavon Cash and Dewan Huell were forced to carry the team. As a result, those two were the only ones on the Hurricanes who scored double digits with 31 and 23 respectively. Miami tried hard to keep their lead, but Pittsburgh was able to take it from them with two minutes left. The two teams continued to go back and forth until Jamel Artis caught Davon Reed jumping on a pump fake and drove for the game-winning layup with 2.3 seconds left. Cash and the Canes tried to pull off a Arcidiacono to Kris Jenkins shot for the win, but the shot was too short.

By shaving their coach's head, the Pittsburgh Panthers are the 2017 National Champions. Since Michael Young did not get paid for shaving his coach's head, the NCAA cannot vacate this win. Forget friendship. The power of baldness prevails over all. Sorry, Tavon Cash.

Pittsburgh | 38 | 51 || 89
Miami | 45 | 42 || 87

Pittsburgh Panthers
Jamel Artis: 20 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl, 2 blk, 9/15 FG, 0/1 3PT, 2/3 FT
Justice Kithcart: 19 pts, 3 reb, 6 ast, 1 stl, 8/14 FG, 3/6 3PT
Rozelle Nix: 15 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 6/9 FG, 3/5 FT
Chris Jones: 11 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk, 5/8 FG, 1/2 FT
Damon Wilson: 10 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 3/12 FG, 2/6 3PT, 2/2 FT

Miami Hurricanes
Tavon Cash: 31 pts, 1 reb, 9 ast, 3 stl, 13/20 FG, 2/5 3PT, 3/4 FT
Dewan Huell: 23 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk, 8/18 FG, 7/10 FT
Rashad Muhammad: 9 pts, 4 reb, 2 stl, 4/7 FG, 1/1 3PT

NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player: Jamel Artis

Hibbert Player of the Game: Tavon Cash: Lost to another bald guy

Next Event: Crying

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 20 Dec 2018, 20:50

Woah. One of the biggest upsets in site history.