Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Jan 2022, 13:27

Agent wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 09:20
Layout reflects the Pelican's busted your ass but the article says otherwise. :lol2:
The JZA wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 12:42
Ayyyyy... YO!! What? lol I'm assuming the score results are backwards and the article is correct. Otherwise, we need a new editor
Just making sure y'all are paying attention. :troll:

You are correct. Heat did win. I gotta stop doing this late at night.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Jan 2022, 13:41

Change of Plans

We boarded the plane the next morning to head back to Miami from New Orleans. I grabbed a window seat near the back of the plane and put my Beats headphones in my ears. Before I could get too deep into Roddy Rich’s new album, I got a text from my brother.

Eva came by last night. You should talk to her.

I stared at the phone for a second not really knowing how to respond. The last time Eva and I spoke, she didn’t really have much to say. It’s been damn near a month. What could she possibly have to say to me at this point? I typed out my response and sent it.

Tried. Didn’t get very far.

Rispondi al telefono, fratello. It’s important. I gotta get to my next class.

I shrugged and closed my eyes. The flight would be quick. I’ll deal with Eva when I got back to Miami.

3 hours later…

I was sitting at a table in Savour not too far from the airport. I sent a text to Eva when my flight landed and asked her to meet me here. She agreed. She walked in the door wearing a pair of ripped jeans, a red tank top, and a black, satin baseball jacket. It was a week before Christmas, but it is Miami. The high for today was like 70. On her feet were a pair of Jordan 11 Breds. Kinda hurt that she wasn’t rocking my new kicks, they drop next week, but Nico and I already have ours and I may or may not have a couple pairs in a size 6 at the house. But it just served as a reminder of where we are.

She stopped at the counter to place her ordered before heading my way. I stood up at she neared the table and gave her a hug that was slightly awkward when she reached me.

“Jordan’s huh? I would have overlooked some Kobe’s, but I’m a little hurt.” I gave her a small smile. I really didn’t want the awkwardness to linger.

“Well, your shoes don’t drop until next week, so I had to roll with what I had.” She said with a small smile.

“Oh, you know I could have gotten a pair special for you. Just say the word.”

I took a sip from my Mango Sunrise smoothie as she took her seat.

“So, what’s up, Antonio?”

“Nico said you stopped by the house last night. He thought I should I give you a call.”

“Yeah, I wanted to drop the key off so I made sure he was home.”

“So, we’re giving back the keys? What’s going on with you? What happened to us?”

“Well,”
she said slowly. “I am going to be leaving Miami next month. I’m moving to New York.”

I heard what she said, but at the same time I felt like there was a high pitched noise in the background, so I couldn’t clearly hear what she said.

“Come again?”

Before she could respond, the waitress brought her food to the table.

“I’m moving to New York. I got into NYU and I was able to enroll in the spring. Orientation starts January twentieth.”

“And when were you going to say something?”

“I’m saying it now.”

“A month before this is all supposed to happen? Is this about Sophie?”
I noticed she tensed up at the mention of her name. “This is a bit extreme don’t you think?”

“That situation just confirmed that I was doing the right thing.”

“How you figure?”

“Your career just seemed to take off out of nowhere last year. I’ve been feeling like I’m coming in second. Maybe even third or fourth. Then just talking to everybody at Homecoming, the girls just felt like I was so lucky to be dating a pro athlete. I didn’t want to feel like I was losing myself in all that you were becoming.”

Nothing she was saying was making any sense. I couldn’t wrap my mind around it. How was she going to lose herself?

“You know I stayed for you, right? I stayed. In Miami. For you! I could have gone to Los Angeles, but I stayed, Eva!”

“You can’t put all of that on me, Antonio.”

“I’m not putting it all on you, but I would be lying if I said that you weren’t being considered when I had the choice to move all the way across the country.”

“You knew I was planning to go back to school eventually.”

“We didn’t even discuss it though. I discussed L.A. with you.”

“You didn't have to."

"Wow."

"Well, things have been off since October and then just with the girl at the restaurant.”

“What about tuition?”

“I got a scholarship and some grants. You know my dad is back at work. He took that warehouse manager position six months ago and it’s going really great. He’s back at the salary he was making before he was laid off. I’ve been able to actually save my money from work. So, I should be good.”

I just nod my head since I can’t say anything. I figured this day was coming, but not this soon.

“You know we could have gone to Los Angeles and you could have just started your acting career there. It’s not like we don’t know Gabrielle Union.”

She shook her head. “I want to earn my degree, Antonio. I also want to do the work myself. Not just because my boyfriend played basketball with Dwyane Wade. I don't want to feel like I owe you anything.”

“That's messed up, but I guess I can respect that. I still don't see why our thing has to end?”

“I just feel like we need a clean break. I don’t expect you to stay faithful to me for four years.”

“Damn. Tell me how you really feel.”

“I’m not saying it like that, but I also don’t want to make you feel like you have to. We would only have the summers together, if that. You’re twenty. You have this amazing career ahead of you. You’ll be going places and meeting people. I don’t want you to feel like I’m holding you back from anything.”

“Shouldn’t I be the one to decide that?”

“If we’re meant to be, we’ll be. But I will say that I would like for us to enjoy our last month together before I leave. I don’t want to ruin our friendship over this.”

“Right. Friends.”
I manage to choke out.

“Ashley is throwing a party for me next month and I would love for you to be there.”

I just nod as we finish our meal in relative silence. I’m not really up for small talk, but I also don’t want to make her feel bad about choice. So, we don’t talk about New York. We talk about the upcoming games, and we talk about my new shoes dropping in a few days and my upcoming meeting with Body Armor. And Nico graduating in the spring. Anything and everything but fucking New York.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Jan 2022, 14:20

Top Performers
Cleveland Cavaliers

Collin Sexton – 20 PTS, 2 REB, 2 AST
Jordan Clarkson – 18 PTS, 3 AST
Kevin Love – 17 PTS, 3 REB, 2 BLK

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 29 PTS, 2 REB, 16 AST, 3 STL, 2 BLK
Bam Adebayo – 11 PTS, 7 REB
Hassan Whiteside – 10 PTS, 7 REB

Agent

Post by Agent » 24 Jan 2022, 10:43

Antonio Snow heartbreak numbers incoming. 29 & 16 is a great start.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 24 Jan 2022, 11:21

chosenone58 wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 13:41
She shook her head. “I want to earn my degree, Antonio. I also want to do the work myself. Not just because my boyfriend played basketball with Dwyane Wade. I don't want to feel like I owe you anything.”
Does she not know in this day and age connections is the easiest way to get work? It's hard getting a job, even harder keeping it. I'm just saying. Image
chosenone58 wrote:
“Right. Friends.” I manage to choke out.

We've come for you my boi
chosenone58 wrote:
Anything and everything but fucking New York.

That post-break up performance is the one that he's gonna remember

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Jan 2022, 22:33

Agent wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 10:43
Antonio Snow heartbreak numbers incoming. 29 & 16 is a great start.
Hope he continues to work through the pain
The JZA wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 11:21
chosenone58 wrote:
Does she not know in this day and age connections is the easiest way to get work? It's hard getting a job, even harder keeping it. I'm just saying. Image
chosenone58 wrote:
“Right. Friends.” I manage to choke out.

We've come for you my boi
chosenone58 wrote:
Anything and everything but fucking New York.

That post-break up performance is the one that he's gonna remember
Guess she's trying to be one of those "independent females"

Gotta focus his attention elsewhere. Let the balling commence!

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Jan 2022, 15:26

Last edited by chosenone58 on 26 Jan 2022, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Jan 2022, 15:29

Top Performers
Minnesota Timberwolves

Andrew Wiggins – 25 PTS, 3 REB, 3 AST
Robert Covington – 20 PTS, 2 REB, 2 AST
Karl-Anthony Towns – 11 PTS, 6 REB

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 32 PTS, 5 REB, 14 AST, 2 BLK
Hassan Whiteside – 16 PTS, 10 REB
Bol Bol – 14 PTS, 7 REB, 3 AST, 2 BLK

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Jan 2022, 15:31

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Jan 2022, 15:36

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: As crazy as it sounds, the one team in this league that can keep up with the pace that Miami brings is the San Antonio Spurs. Unfortunately, they were not that team tonight. Tony Parker came off the bench but there was an uptick in his minutes for tonight against his former team and he used the time well. Parker spent a lot of time on the floor with Antonio Snow at the two spot and he cashed in on an unprecedented number of three-point shots. Snow knocked down six of his nine attempts on his way to 45 points in the Heat win. Defense was also on the menu tonight, as Snow clamped down on the Spurs backcourt and came up with six steals.

Antonio Snow on three point shooting: For me, it’s just about settling down and picking my spots. Speaking with Kobe and working with Melo, we’ve been focused on trying to improve on what works for me and then making it better and better over time. It surprised me tonight though. I hit six?!?

Tony Parker on playing the Spurs for the last time: It was bittersweet. I got a chance to speak with Pop briefly and it was all just bittersweet. We’ve had so many memories, you know? Obviously, I had some of my best years in San Antonio and to go against Pop’s guys and just have a solid night and contribute to this win means a lot.

Top Performers
San Antonio Spurs

LaMarcus Aldridge – 25 PTS, 9 REB
Bryn Forbes – 20 PTS
Lonnie Walker – 16 PTS

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 45 PTS, 4 REB, 13 AST, 6 STL
Hassan Whiteside – 15 PTS, 12 REB, 2 AST, 2 BLK
Tony Parker – 15 PTS, 3 AST