Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Agent

Post by Agent » 02 Dec 2022, 19:28

:letsgo:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Dec 2022, 19:41

mvp wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 08:23
those miami flamingo jerseys are so fresh... they should bring those back instead of the goofy child-like mystery cartoon jerseys they wear now...

are u running Baldwin and Snow on the same game?
Vice jerseys are my favorite.

Snow is on 2K19. Baldwin is on 2K21.
Agent wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 19:28
:letsgo:
It's time
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Dec 2022, 19:49

17 Years After Entering the League Together, Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James Face Off for an NBA Title

In February 2002, two of the country’s top high school stars, Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James, faced off in Trenton, New Jersey with Anthony’s Oak Hill Academy coming away with a 72-66 win as both players scored over 30 points in the matchup.

One year later, in June 2003, James (No. 1) and Anthony (No. 3) would hear their names called in the NBA Draft where the rivalry has remained unchanged. The have faced each 41 times with James holding the record of 24-17, including a 4-1 record in the Playoffs.

The Lakers dropped both games to the Heat this season. James was held to 19 points in the first meeting where they lost by 20 points and in the second, he dominated with 41 points, but they still lost by three. The difference being that Carmelo Anthony was assigned to James for most of that first matchup while Spoelstra tried to let him rest and played Justice Winslow and Josh Richardson.

“We’ve played against each other for a real long time,” commented Anthony. “And when you match up with someone year after year, you start to notice things about them. You are better prepared because you know some of the things to expect.”

Despite the stakes, LeBron James is looking forward to this match up.

“Melo is my guy. Win or lose. This is going to be a great series for us, the league, and the fans. This is, uh, this is full circle. I’m sure we’ll appreciate that this moment later as being the final games of his career after all of this is said and done. But right now we have a championship to win.”

It has been an emotional second half of the season for all players involved with the loss of Kobe Bryant in January of this year, especially for players close to him like Anthony, James, and Antonio Snow. This NBA Finals match up almost seems fitting.

“It’s been tough, but we’ve played on as he would have wanted. And while we would have loved to have him here in the flesh to witness this, I’m sure he’s smiling down on this series,” said Anthony.

With this being the last 4 to 7 games of Carmelo Anthony’s career, Antonio Snow and company would like to give him a proper send off.

“We are definitely going to try to bring it home for Big Bro,” said Snow.

Game 1 of the NBA Finals tips off at 7pm EST at American Airlines Aren

Last edited by chosenone58 on 06 Dec 2022, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Dec 2022, 20:21

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Dec 2022, 20:39

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Josh Richardson, Carmelo Anthony, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: : Game 1 was a bit of a struggle for both sides. The Lakers came out cold as James missed his first three baskets, but once they got started it became tough for Miami to maintain their lead. A 12 point lead in the second quarter was cut to just six by halftime. It seemed like everybody on Miami’s roster was pulling their weight tonight to give a complete effort. Hassan Whiteside had 10 rebounds by the end of the first half and while Antonio Snow only had 6 points in the first half, he did have 7 assists. Snow was putting his teammates in position to score and they did not disappoint. He finished with a double-double in points and assists tonight. Miami found themselves up 15 points heading into the fourth quarter and that is win Snow was able to turn it on. Despite going 0 for 7 from beyond the arc for the game, he scored 13 points in the fourth quarter to seal the win.

LeBron on slow start: You never wanna get into a rhythm late in the playoffs. I missed my first three or four shots, so I tried to get some of the other guys involved and then I tried to find my rhythm again. Just gotta keep shooting.

Carmelo Anthony on the task of guarding LeBron James: Coach said I got one job. Being tasked with guarding a team’s best player is huge. And I’m ready to step up.

Antonio Snow on Game 1 win: Good team win. This is what we wanted. We’re not expecting a sweep. But we do want to set the tone and win on our floor. If we take care of business on our court every night, even if the series goes to 7, the odds are in our favor.

LeBron on Game 1 loss: A loss is a loss. Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, doesn’t matter. They’ve been very tough to beat at home. They’ve shown that all season and especially in these playoffs. But we just want to try and split the first two games and give us an advantage when we go back to L.A.

Antonio Snow on missing all 7 three point shot attempts: I’m not Steph Curry.

Heat Coach Erik Spoelstra on Antonio Snow’s assist numbers: He makes the right play. The smart play. Sometimes it looks like an impossible play. Some of those passes didn’t look like they were going to make it. I don’t know how he does it, but he does. We play better when everyone is involved and he makes sure that happens.

Top Performers
Los Angeles Lakers

LeBron James – 24 PTS, 4 REB, 2 AST
Brandon Ingram – 18 PTS, 4 AST
Lonzo Ball – 13 PTS, 3 REB, 8 AST, 3 STL

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 21 PTS, 13 AST, 3 STL
Hassan Whiteside – 15 PTS, 19 REB, 2 STL, 4 BLK
Tony Parker – 11 PTS, 2 REB, 7 AST

Agent

Post by Agent » 07 Dec 2022, 06:51

Bron versus Snow :bowdown: can’t expect LeGOAT to start slow every game

mvp

Post by mvp » 07 Dec 2022, 09:03

Love the Bron-Melo matchup… it’s what we were hoping for since that 03 draft night.

How u like 2k19 compared to the other versions? Saw someone else praising it and now since I’m without my xss I am thinking about revisiting that game

ShamWowNY

Post by ShamWowNY » 07 Dec 2022, 10:33

Melo plays in the Finals, this is the best timeline :melo2:

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 10 Dec 2022, 15:04

mvp wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 09:03
Love the Bron-Melo matchup… it’s what we were hoping for since that 03 draft night.
Man, who you telling? Bron v Melo was written in the sky, had the all the stars aligned, the universe demanded it and it still didn't happen smh

mvp

Post by mvp » 12 Dec 2022, 09:14

The JZA wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 15:04
mvp wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 09:03
Man, who you telling? Bron v Melo was written in the sky, had the all the stars aligned, the universe demanded it and it still didn't happen smh
no bron-melo, no bron-kobe... thats the biggest disappointment. at least we got a couple bron-kd matchups though.