Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 25 May 2019, 16:42

Do it for the hood :melo2:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 May 2019, 09:31

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 May 2019, 09:33

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 01 Jun 2019, 04:15

Heat Sign Antonio Snow

MIAMI - The Miami Heat have signed guard Antonio Snow, it was announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

Snow’s unconventional journey to the NBA looks to have reached its climax. After injuring his knee during the first half of the NBA Combine, it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that Snow would not be taken on Draft night. Teams were already skeptical about taking a 19-year old, unpolished street baller, with a mobster-turned-manager running his operations. The injury just served to further solidify their decision that Antonio was too big of a risk.

Nearly a month after the draft, and once the excitement of free agency had died down, Snow got a surprising but welcome phone call. Nike wanted to follow him during his comeback and sponsor him on a six city summer tour.

“My brother had just been posting videos of me shooting in the gym and going to PT,” said Snow. “I was determined not to let this be a setback. Then my manager came in with the word that Nike heard my story and they had been watching me. They wanted to invest in the Snowman. Who’s gonna turn down Nike?”

And so began The Way Back tour.

He put together a roster of seven players, which included the NBA's Paul George and Anthony Davis, along with WNBA star Elena Delle Donne, and they hit the road. Kicking things off in Toronto, then over to Philadelphia, where he got to play against his idol Allen Iverson. He flew to sunny California to Venice Beach and over to the Drew League. Then, he made a quick pit stop in Chicago before finishing things off over Labor Day weekend at Dyckman in New York. He did just as well as Nike expected and impressed all month long. With Nike doing the backing, big name players were coming out to challenge him, Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, and James Harden among those, and even more to watch him. Shaquille O’Neal was spotted at Venice Beach, while former Knicks Larry Johnson and Patrick Ewing were spotted among those at Dyckman.

“It was a great experience, I got a lot of advice from a lot of NBA legends while I was making this run. I couldn’t have asked for a better introduction to the league.”

Once he was done with the tour and back home, he got the phone call he had been waiting for. Miami Heat President, Pat Riley, wanted him to come in for a meeting. The Heat didn’t have a draft pick for the 2018 Draft after trading off both picks in 2015 and 2016.

“Not getting drafted was probably the best thing to ever happen to me,” said Snow. “I know it sounds crazy as hell because guys work hard to get there, but I got to make the choice and the choice to play at home was a perfect one for me. All the family that I have left is right here. I don’t have to uproot my little brother.”

Snow lost his father when he was just 14 years old. He and his younger brother, Nicolas, were raised by his uncle, Julian. Basketball has always been his refuge.

“This sport is the one consistent thing in my life. My dad taught my brother and I how to play. It was our thing. I have him to thank for sparking my interest in this game. Every time I lace 'em up, I dedicate it to him.”

As a teenager in Miami, Snow played in streetball tournaments around the area, which eventually led to him playing in the Quai 54 tournament in Paris. His manager and mentor, Maurice “Big Mo” Brown helped to get him there.

“I owe so much to Mo, man. He’s always looked out for me and for Nico.”

Snow opted against going to college and decided to focus on playing in streetball tournaments overseas. Videos of him were constantly being uploaded to the Internet week after week. The fact that he was playing alongside some current NBA players definitely helped. He was being covered by Complex Magazine and was touted by Stephen A. Smith during his run. Once he returned stateside, he hosted a few tournaments on his homecourt, which has been dubbed Winterfell, and before getting ready for the NBA Combine. His brother, Nico, making sure his big brother’s name stayed on everybody’s lips this spring.

“That’s my content manager. He’s a genius with the internet branding stuff. He handles all of that for me. I guess I have to put him on my payroll for real now.” He joked.

Nico must have been doing something right, because all of the buzz led to an invitation to a private run in Philadelphia, hosted by Joel Embiid.

Snow teamed up with LeBron James, LaMarcus Aldridge, Anthony Davis and Candace Parker to take down Embiid, Paul George, Steph Curry, Diana Taurasi and Al Horford. The score was undisclosed, but we heard it was a double-digit loss for Embiid and his team and Snow impressed with 13 points, 7 assists, and three rebounds.

Embiid, Davis, and James were singing his praises following the win. He was spotted hanging out in Philadelphia with James and Davis as many speculated that LeBron was trying to recruit both players to join him in Los Angeles.

But the most significant thing to happen was that he managed to draw the attention of Allen Iverson who dubbed him as “The One”.

“That was probably the craziest thing ever. I mean this is The Answer. It doesn’t get much better than that as far as point guards go.”

Unfortunately, things did not go well for Snow during the combine. After what looked to be a promising start, he was chasing down a loose ball and was tripped up with Trae Young, injuring his knee.

Snow will definitely be a boon to Miami’s back court as there is still no decision on whether or not Dwyane Wade will return and the fact that Goran Dragic is in the final year of his deal.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 03 Jun 2019, 23:09

Took the streets, now lets take the league by storm :melo2:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 04 Jun 2019, 23:24

The JZA wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 23:09
Took the streets, now lets take the league by storm :melo2:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Jun 2019, 08:38

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Jun 2019, 08:49

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Goran Dragic, Dwyane Wade, Josh Richardson, James Johnson, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: The Orlando Magic put in work early, as they jumped out to a 42-37 lead over the Heat at halftime. The Magic had gone on an 11-2 run to tie the game in the second quarter before pulling ahead. Nikola Vucevic had already picked up a double-double in the first half and was looking to rack up even more in the second. Rookie, Antonio Frost saw his first minutes as an NBA player and he did not disappoint. The Heat went on a 14-3 run in the fourth quarter to take a one point lead. Snow led the charge with 10 points in the quarter. He tied Dwyane Wade with the most point for the Heat, scoring 20 points in only 15 minutes of action.

Key Stats for MIA: 36-79 (46%) - FG |10-16 (56%) - FT |39 – Bench Points|47 – Rebounds|12 - Steals
Key Stats for ORL: 39-76 (51%) - FG |7-9 (78%) - FT |21 – Fastbreak Points|24 – Bench Points |47 – Rebounds

Dwyane Wade on rookie Antonio Snow: I think he played well today. He just played within the system and he came out and did work. He had a great first game and we got a great win, so that’s always good.

Antonio Snow on NBA debut: I don’t think I slept much last night. I just had a lot of nervous energy, trying to remember everything that we worked on in practice, in training camp. Some of the vets were telling me to just relax and let the game come to me. And they were right, once I got out there, I just kind of went into autopilot. I took what the defense gave me, and it turned out okay tonight.
Top Performers
Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade – 20 PTS, 3 AST
Antonio Frost – 20 PTS, 2 REB, 4 AST, 4 STL
James Johnson – 11 PTS, 5 REB

Orlando Magic
Aaron Gordon – 23 PTS, 4 REB, 2 AST, 2 BLK
Nikola Vucevic – 15 PTS, 19 REB
Mo Bamba – 13 PTS, 13 REB, 2 AST, 3 STL

The JZA