Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 01 Sep 2019, 10:33

Enter Eva Pt. 2

I’m sitting in front of my locker when I see a shadow behind me.

“So, you left some tickets at Will Call?” It was Carmelo. “D, our boy left tickets at Will Call.” He yelled across the locker room.

“How do you even know that? They could have been for my brother.”

“Nah, we know he on the family plan. These were special tickets.”

“Alright, so I invited Eva to the game.”
I pulled my black Burberry hoodie over my head and reached for a pair of high top knit sneakers. “Now I don’t wanna be late.”

“Call us later so we can have Girl Talk!”
Dwyane yelled after me.

“Nice game tonight.”

“Thanks. I’m glad you were able to make it.”

We were sitting at an outside table at Il Gabbiano on Biscayne Boulevard. Gorgeous views all around, if I do say so myself.

“I mean, I was a cheerleader at Reagan for three years.”

“That’s right, you were. I forgot about that.”

“Mhm. My dad couldn’t believe I had gotten tickets for the game tonight. He said to tell you thanks.”

“Mr. Walker was always a cool dude. He reminds me of my pops. I’m glad we were able to get a win out there. I’m also glad you were able to join me for a post-game dinner.”

“I mean you seemed rather persistent when I gave you a ride home the other night.”

“You sure your boyfriend won’t mind? I didn’t even ask if he wanted to come to the game.”

“Very funny, Antonio. There is no boyfriend.”

“What happened to ol boy from Reagan? Devon? Damon? Darryl?”

“Dante.”
She laughed. “His damn name was Dante.”

“Right, right. My bad. Dante. How is old Dante?”

She shrugged. “I couldn’t tell you. We only lasted through the summer. Something about long distance relationships or whatever. Last I heard, he was playing football in Kentucky.”

“That’s right. He got the scholarship to Murray State, right?”

She nodded and laughed. “So, you remember that, but can’t remember his damn name? You’re unbelievable.”

It was really good catching up with her. It turns out she had gotten into Tisch, but only with a partial scholarship. When her father had lost his job, she decided to use some of her college fund to help support her family until things settled down. She has plans to go in a year or two. I think that’s really admirable. I definitely understand where she’s coming from.

I didn’t have to say much about my life these past 18 months. She watched the whole thing play out via social media. So, I just listened to her. I felt like I could listen to her all night really. We talked until it was time for dessert.

“I don’t think I could eat another bite, Antonio.”

“Come on, girl. We gotta try the Tiramisu. Just one bite. And then you can take the rest to go.”

“Alright. Just one bite.”
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 01 Sep 2019, 10:43

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Dwyane Wade, Josh Richardson, James Johnson, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: These two teams haven’t seen each other since Philadelphia knocked the Heat out of the playoffs in the first round last season. The Philadelphia 76ers were coming off a loss to the Memphis Grizzlies and looking to get things back on track in Miami. They were currently playing shorthanded with the loss of Ben Simmons for the next few games with a sprained ankle, as well as TJ McConnell being out for the next month with a stress fracture.

The first quarter was tightly contested as Antonio Snow dropped 10 of Miami’s 24 points as Miami held a slim 24-21 lead. Philadelphia came back with guns blazing in the second quarter, going on a small run, capped off by a corner three by Jimmy Butler to give them a 52-51 lead at halftime.

Philadelphia began to separate themselves in the third quarter, three point bombs were dropping from everywhere as the Sixers started to gain real separation from the Heat. Miami managed to close the gap to three points before Philadelphia exploded again to push the score up by 13 as the fourth quarter was coming to a close. The Heat turned the ball over five times in the fourth quarter. The turned it over 10 times the entire game.

Key Stats for PHI: 42/84 (50%) - FG|12/23 (52%) – 3PT|42 – Points in Paint|24 – Bench Points|46 – Rebounds|28 – Assists|7 - Steals
Key Stats for MIA: 38/83 (46%) - FG|0/15 (0%) –3PT|64 – Points in Paint|36 – Bench Points|47 – Rebounds|20 - Assists|3 - Steals

Dwyane Wade on the Heat turnovers in the fourth quarter: We were scrambling trying to get back in it and instead of settling down and letting the game come to us, we just kept trying to force plays and that’s what caused all the mental lapses.

Antonio Snow on the missed threes: It’s not really something that can be explained. Shots just weren’t falling. We obviously have guys that can shoot the deep ball. It just wasn’t drop it. But we weren’t going to just stop shooting it. You have to keep firing.

Top Performers
Philadelphia 76ers
Jimmy Butler – 30 PTS, 7 REB, 4 AST
J.J. Redick – 17 PTS, 6 AST
Tobias Harris – 14 PTS, 4 REB, 4 AST

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 15 PTS, 4 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 14 PTS, 18 REB
Carmelo Anthony – 13 PTS, 2 REB

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 01 Sep 2019, 10:49

Top Performers
Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade – 25 PTS, 3 REB, 6 AST
Antonio Snow – 21 PTS, 3 REB, 9 AST, 2 STL
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist – 10 PTS, 5 REB, 4 BLK

Brooklyn Nets
D'Angelo Russell – 27 PTS, 5 AST
DeMarre Carroll – 12 PTS, 3 REB, 2 AST
Alan Williams – 12 PTS, 13 REB

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 01 Sep 2019, 14:50

There goes that man Flash.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Sep 2019, 19:23

Captain Canada wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 14:50
There goes that man Flash.
He still got a little something left in the tank

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Sep 2019, 20:33

Top Performers
Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade – 21 PTS, 5 REB, 2 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 15 PTS, 10 REB
Antonio Snow – 12 PTS, 3 REB, 2 STL

Indiana Pacers
Tyreke Evans – 26 PTS, 6 REB, 2 STL
Myles Turner – 21 PTS, 7 REB, 4 BLK
Domantas Sabonis – 16 PTS, 4 REB

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 18 Sep 2019, 06:58

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 18 Sep 2019, 07:04

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Dwyane Wade, Josh Richardson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: The Los Angeles Lakers kicked off a three-game road trip in Miami after suffering back-to-back losses at home. They wasted no time building a double-digit lead in the first quarter and the Heat clawed their way back within three points at the end of the first quarter.

Miami’s bench was outmaneuvered as Los Angeles’ bench players stepped in to build their lead back up to 12 points. The Heat were held scoreless for two 2-minute stretches as the Lakers continued to dominate and build a 52-34 lead at halftime. Miami hit only 7 of the 23 shot attempts in the second quarter.

The Heat turned to the full court press in the second half to try and slow Los Angeles down, but it wasn’t enough to get the win. They got no closer than 10 points.

Key Stats for LAL: 46/86 (53%) - FG|7/17 (41%) – 3PT|14/20 (70%) – FT|21 – Fastbreak Points|41 – Bench Points|59 – Rebounds|32 - Assists
Key Stats for MIA: 39/96 (41%) - FG|2/19 (11%) –3PT|14/22 (64%) – FT |31 – Fastbreak Points|21 –Bench Points|41 – Rebounds|24 – Assists

Antonio Snow on facing James and the Lakers: I mean, you see it on paper and it’s one thing, but when you get out on the court, it’s completely different. They played well tonight, I think we spent too long trying to feel them out and of course LeBron is LeBron and he’s going to do is thing. We just didn’t do a good job of containing his supporting cast.

Erik Spoelstra on his team’s inability to stop the Lakers in the first half: They steamrolled us. Point blank. Their bench came in on fire and they pushed the tempo. We had a few long stretches where we couldn’t get any baskets and that hurt is in the long run.

LeBron James on huge win: These are definitely the types of wins you enjoy as a team. We really wanted to shake off those losses and start fresh with this road trip. We came in here and got down to business. Simple as that.

Top Performers
Los Angeles Lakers
LeBron James – 31 PTS, 7 REB, 7 AST
Kyle Kuzma – 25 PTS, 12 REB, 4 AST
Brandon Ingram – 21 PTS, 6 REB, 5 AST

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 20 PTS, 3 REB, 5 AST
Dwyane Wade – 15 PTS, 4 REB, 5 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 10 PTS, 10 REB

Topic author
chosenone58