Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Jan 2023, 20:03

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Jan 2023, 20:15

Can Miami Finally Get the Elusive Three-Peat?

The Miami Heat have gone to two straight NBA Finals and won two straight NBA Championships. They are looking to win their third straight title behind MVP Antonio Snow and the NBA is attempting to load up to stop them. This will be the franchise’s second opportunity to try for a third straight title. Things didn’t work out for the Heat in 2014, losing in 5 games to the San Antonio Spurs, and then, well, we all know what happened after that.

They come into the season with high expectations again and are expecting another ring. Getting there this season won’t be quite as easy.

The Boston Celtics, who have been knocked out in the Eastern Conference Finals two years in a row by Miami, drafted James Wiseman out of Memphis this summer to pair him up with Ja Morant, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum to help push their team over the edge.

Cleveland, who always seems to be on the bubble as the season draws to a close has managed to snag Brandon Ingram from the Lakers. Ingram will be joining Collin Sexton and Kevin Love this season as the Cavs try to return to their glory days.

Other playoff teams that bolstered their rosters include: Indiana (Danillo Gallinari), Memphis (Jahlil Okafor), and Milwaukee (Al Horford).

The Dallas Mavericks have re-upped in a major way. They team has added DeAndre Jordan to round out their starting five of Jalen Brunson, Kevin Porter, Jr. Luka Doncic, and Kristaps Porzingas, with former Chicago Bull Kris Dunn coming in as the Sixth Man.

The Heat lost Carmelo Anthony and Tony Parker to retirement. They also lost Thaddeus Young (Houston), Darren Collison (Oklahoma City), and Tyreke Evans (Utah) in the
offseason. They’ve been replaced by Josh Smith, Trey Burke, and JJ Redick.

“Replacing Tony and Melo will be tough, but we’ve got to pull together. We can’t look back. We’ve got to keep going forward,” said head coach Eric Spoelstra.

With so many new faces in new places, it will all come down to a matter of which teams can gel the fastest. There will be more pressure on Antonio Snow to perform at his absolute best every night as they wait for their new teammates to get acclimated to the Miami Heat system. Hopefully, it won’t lead to burnout for the 21 year old point guard.

Snow played with Team USA this summer in Tokyo to win their fourth straight gold medal. But he feels that he has had adequate time to rest and is in peak physical condition, ready to compete for a third straight championship.

“I don’t think I overdid it this summer. Knowing the Olympics were on the menu, I tried to get a bit more rest than usual this summer. I played 100 games this season. Rested for about a two weeks, then I got right back on my grind to train for the Olympics. Then I took some time off between then and about two weeks before training camp.”

Miami’s season starts with on the road facing Trey Young and the Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta made a couple key signings this summer keeping Damontas Sabonis, who was traded from Indiana to LA and then to Atlanta, and adding Tristan Thompson to the roster. That game will be followed by a trip to our nation’s capital to face John Wall and the Washington Wizards. This will be Snow’s first look at LaMelo Ball.

“I know it’s only been two seasons since I entered the league, but I love the crop of new talent that comes in. Every draft seems to bring in a high caliber of point guards so that’s always exciting for me. Me and Trae in 2018, we had Ja in 2019, now we have LaMelo this year. I’m excited.”

The ring ceremony won’t come until their third game of the season where they face the Charlotte Hornets. Getting a win the same night they get their championship hardware won’t be an easy task.

“Our team looks a lot different, but the core is still here,” said Snow. “We’ve had some players move on, so the bench has changed, but we can’t help that. It’s business. Our job is to win with the guys we have now. And as long as we keep the goal of a championship in mind, we’re going to enjoy the journey of building a dynasty.”

He used the "D" word. Dynasty. Will they get there? With every championship you win, the target on your back grows larger. When you have one of the best point guards alive leading the team and pushing for a third championship, you're going to need everyone's A++ game every night. There can never be an off night and the Miami Heat must understand this fully.

Last Season's Record: 72-10

Most Likely Scenario for the Season: I am expecting extreme focus and demand for perfection from this team this year. They know that Boston is going to be better, Cleveland is going to be better, Atlanta is going to be better and that there are going to be multiple teams out West getting better and hoping to meet them in the Finals.
Every game is going to be a tune up for the championship. The chemistry of this team will have to be top tier and they will need to hit their peak by the time April arrives.

Projection: 65-17

The Miami Heat 2020-21 depth chart:

CENTER:
Hassan Whiteside, Bam Adebayo, Bol Bol
POWER FORWARD: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Ray Spalding, Josh Smith
SMALL FORWARD: Josh Richardson, Justise Winslow, Andre Iguodala
SHOOTING GUARD: Mikal Bridges, JJ Redick
POINT GUARD: Antonio Snow, Trey Burke, Cole Anthony

Agent

Post by Agent » 26 Jan 2023, 02:20

Snow versus the world in season 3 :bowdown: everyone’s going to be trying to stop the 3-peat

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 29 Jan 2023, 02:50

Agent wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 02:20
Snow versus the world in season 3 :bowdown: everyone’s going to be trying to stop the 3-peat
Definitely expecting Year 3 to be a grind.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 01 Feb 2023, 21:37

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: The Miami Heat kicked off their season on the road facing Trae Young and the Atlanta Hawks. This game turned out to be every bit of the battle we expected as the Heat and the Hawks practically went shot for shot through the first three quarters. The Hawks were in a rhythm on offense and playing tough and scrappy on defense not letting Miami get a lead larger than four points until the very end. Trae Young and Antonio Snow locked horns all night, but the Snow eventually took advantage as he led Miami to a victory. Young fouled out with 4:08 remaining in the fourth quarter as the Heat were up by five and looking to strike. He struggled with his outside shot as only hit 5 of his 15 attempts from beyond the arc. JJ Redick made an impact in his Miami heat debut, dropping 13 points and going 3 of 3 from deep.

Trae Young fouling out early: I hate that it happened. You never want to foul out, but in a close game like this, definitely not. I feel like the loss is on me since I wasn’t out there those last 4 minutes with my guys.

Erik Spoelstra on the team’s chemistry: It’s the first game. It’s not quite there yet obviously, we’ll re-evaluate by games 15 through 20 and see what we need to work on.

Antonio Snow on shouldering more of the load: I miss my guys, but it’s my turn now. I was built for this. I had D. Wade and Melo my rookie season, then Melo and Tony my second year. I got the blueprint. They’ve been telling me all summer, this is my team now. Just gotta keep leading from the front.

JJ Redick on his Miami debut: I think I did okay. We’ll see if Coach Spo reduces my minutes next week (laughs). I think we did a nice job all around. We stayed tough and we stuck with it.

Top Performers
Miami Heat

Antonio Snow – 36 PTS, 3 REB, 11 AST
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist – 16 PTS, 6 REB
JJ Redick – 13 PTS

Atlanta Hawks
Trae Young – 33 PTS, 3 REB, 3 AST
Nickeil Alexander-Walker – 15 PTS
Kevin Huerter – 12 PTS, 3 AST

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 01 Feb 2023, 21:54

Top Performers
Miami Heat

Hassan Whiteside – 20 PTS, 7 REB
Antonio Snow – 19 PTS, 2 REB, 5 AST
Josh Richardson – 15 PTS

Washington Wizards
John Wall – 37 PTS, 3 REB, 3 AST
Bobby Portis – 13 PTS, 4 REB, 2 STL
Bradley Beal – 11 PTS, 3 REB, 3 AST

mvp

Post by mvp » 02 Feb 2023, 09:31

Trae chillin :lol: did all he could before fouling out.

off to a perfect start. way to stifle Beal too, even though Wall went off.

Agent

Post by Agent » 02 Feb 2023, 18:54

How’s J Smoove?

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 03 Feb 2023, 12:23

Wall ate y'all boys up, but y'all still came out on top, what I like to see :yup:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 04 Feb 2023, 11:51

mvp wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 09:31
Trae chillin :lol: did all he could before fouling out.

off to a perfect start. way to stifle Beal too, even though Wall went off.
I saw it coming. He had 4 fouls early in the third quarter. Had to keep driving the lane on him.

We couldn't let Wall and Beal go off.
Agent wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 18:54
How’s J Smoove?
Haven't had too many minutes, but he's been chipping in as needed.
The JZA wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 12:23
Wall ate y'all boys up, but y'all still came out on top, what I like to see :yup:
John cooked us! Didn't think the W was gonna happen.